Wanted Alfetta 1.8 Engine - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Craig_m67

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Wanted Alfetta 1.8 Engine

I have a '75 Alfetta sedan and it needs an engine, looking for $500 or less, and would prefer if it needs a partial rebuild to keep the engine cost down and to give me something to do

Last edited by AlfaTasteless; 08-16-2019 at 06:37 PM. Reason: alfetta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 04:16 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Please post your location.

1.8 Alfetta engines are not common in the US because they were never imported.

If money is an issue, try looking for a rusted Bosch Spider. Many folks have transplanted a Bosch engine into an Alfetta.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
Please post your location.

1.8 Alfetta engines are not common in the US because they were never imported.

If money is an issue, try looking for a rusted Bosch Spider. Many folks have transplanted a Bosch engine into an Alfetta.
NY, and I have 1 of 3 Alfas in my county. There's my Alfetta, some '16 Guiulia, and a Giulia Spider 1600

Last edited by AlfaTasteless; 08-15-2019 at 06:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 06:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaTasteless View Post
NY, and I have 1 of 3 Alfas in my county. There's my Alfetta, some 16 Guiulia, and a Giulia Spider 1600
So yours is 1.8 carbureted?

It's Giuseppe's giubos, not Guido's guibos, on my 78 Spider and Sport Sedan
REFRESH CONNECTIONS BEFORE REPLACING COMPONENTS
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcreek View Post
So yours is 1.8 carbureted?
I have no idea, it could've been either 1.6 or 1.8, carbureted or injected. It was sold to me with no engine anything except for the pan, which I have no idea what it's for so it's not really useful unless the pan design tells what engine it came off of
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 06:43 PM

Garage
Is this car an Alfa 75 Sedan, or a 1975 Alfa Sedan?

You're gonna need everything. We need some clear info in order to help you.

How about posting the car's serial number?

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 04:27 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Is this car an Alfa 75 Sedan, or a 1975 Alfa Sedan?

You're gonna need everything. We need some clear info in order to help you.

How about posting the car's serial number?
A picture of the car would be helpful, right?

Brian __________________________________

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 05:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
LOL. Yeah. and easier.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
It's a 1975 Alfetta sedan

Serial is AR116330002269, unless that's not the numbers you're looking for

Last edited by AlfaTasteless; 08-16-2019 at 06:44 PM. Reason: serial #
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 06:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
It's a 1975 Alfetta sedan
It should have a fuel injected 2.0 liter if it's a USA model. One from a Spider and other cars will work.

Do you have a photo of the engine bay we could see?

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
It should have a fuel injected 2.0 liter if it's a USA model. One from a Spider and other cars will work.

Do you have a photo of the engine bay we could see?
No but I could get one if you need it
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 04:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
No but I could get one if you need it

It would help.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 12:11 AM

Garage
Quote:
It should have a fuel injected 2.0 litre .......</snip>
Stick a Busso from Milano/75 or a 164 in it.
Job done
NMMilano and Aggie57 like this.

'66 1600 Duetto | '73 1600 GTJunior | '03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon | '11 Giulietta QV (wow, revelation) | I really don't need this many Alfa's...
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
It would help.
I'll try and snap one this weekend for you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode