Alfetta sighting in San Rafael/Marin - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By cda951

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Alfetta sighting in San Rafael/Marin

After an LA excursion last weekend, I took my GTV6 up to the Bay Area this weekend for a class and to visit some friends and family. While driving over the Golden Gate Bridge during a torrential rainstorm, I was musing that I must be the only person driving a 116-chassis Alfa in the entire Bay Area right now. Lo and behold, a silver Alfetta comes alongside me in the left lane near San Rafael. Older gentleman driving, really clean car with blue CA plate. He rolled down the window, waved, honked the Italian friendly horn and sped off. Could this be anyone here?
Attached Images

Chris A: '81 GTV6 rescued from junkyard, "GT" car/'86 Porsche 944 Turbo track/street car/'73 BMW 2002tii fun street car/'74 Jensen Healey Lemons Rally car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 10:43 AM

Garage
Must be weird to even expect to see another 116 chassis on the road.

Had a surreal experience two months ago. In Milo, terrible fog on the way home from work (one of the few things Nebraska rarely sees) and a bad wreck on the highway. As I am passing the police directing traffic, there is an Alfetta coupe waiting to turn on to the road. If it wasn't for the conditions, I would have tried to connect. But I was more focused on getting out of there and not being hit.

A ghost of great things past maybe?

84 Spider - Long gone, but started the addiction; 85 GTV6 - Current project, Supercharged, Mega Squirt; 88 Verde - "Milo" It has a name, must be a keeper
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 04:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to Calguy 17
I live in Marin County and well know that picture was taken just south of Lucas Valley Road on the 101. I own a 116 Alfetta GT and it is very rare to ever see any around here. Mine hasn't been driven in the rain since the last century. We have had the longest coldest and rainy California winter in many years. Finally nice today...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:11 PM

There are a few down here in the South Bay. Also, one in Monterey with its original owner!

1974 Spider
Work gets in the way of my hobbies. Nothing takes just 5 minutes.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 10:32 PM

Pretty sure I am the only one in the entire metro Phoenix area with one. They are becoming quite rare.

Stacy Faught -- Alfas: 1983 GTV-6, 2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio. Non-Alfas: 1991 Corvette ZR-1
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 05:26 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onethumb View Post
Pretty sure I am the only one in the entire metro Phoenix area with one. They are becoming quite rare.
Youíre not the only one in Phoenix, but youíre right - theyíre pretty rare these days. Iím familiar with at least a half dozen Alfettas and GTV6s in the valley that are driven on a regular basis, though, including one that has an engine transplant from a 164Q.

Iíve got a red Ď79 Mille Miglia, but right now itís sidelined until I have some time to go through the brakes and get them working properly.

Thereís also a silver Ď79 For sale on Craigslist at the moment, and a Ď76 for sale here on the board.

1968 Euro-spec 1750 GTV (under restoration)
1973 2000 Spider
1979 Alfetta Sprint Veloce

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode