1984 Maratona "Ran when parked..." - Page 7 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 703Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 1026 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 06:06 PM
GT4

Garage
Is that spoiler a USA item? Love to add one to my Alfetta Historic race car! Never seen them before untill on this forum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1026 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
Is that spoiler a USA item? Love to add one to my Alfetta Historic race car! Never seen them before untill on this forum!

It came as a part of the Maratona body kit. (edit, I have a copy of the original brochure, this spoiler was NOT a part of the original kit. I think it came from a Velocissma version of the Alfetta)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a school day. Learning something new all the time

View my '74 GTV restoration at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

View my '91 164s adventure at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

But wait there's more: View my 164LS thread:

You're kidding, another one?! 1984 GTV6 Maratona

You didn't...oh yes I did. '73 Berlina graduate course in rust repair. No thread yet, don't want to piss off the GTV

You didn't...oh yes I did II. Deposit down on another vehicle...stop the madness!!!

Last edited by horsewidower; 02-03-2018 at 04:30 PM.
post #93 of 1026 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 09:32 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
OMG Loved reading this.. Loved that I didn't have to wait for updates- .. But hey, seriously, anyone you would recommend in Sac region for a paint job? Thinking or repainting an Alfa a completely different color- if I buy it. Would that be a complete strip then repaint type job?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 1026 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

I wish I could help you. I've never sent a car out for paint.

I can't stand "paint jail" so I either paint it myself or live with it.

You didn't...oh yes I did. '73 Berlina graduate course in rust repair. No thread yet, don't want to piss off the GTV

You didn't...oh yes I did II. Deposit down on another vehicle...stop the madness!!!
post #95 of 1026 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

The only collision shop I've used, other than the dealer, is Bertolucci's.

post #96 of 1026 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Getting ready to install the exhaust, tomorrow.

alfaloco likes this.

post #97 of 1026 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Fiddling to do. Now I know why there were no donuts holding up the tips. They hit the battery box.

post #98 of 1026 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 06:21 PM

Garage
Very nice work on that heat shield!
horsewidower likes this.

alfaloco
Lexington, KY USA
post #99 of 1026 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaloco View Post
Very nice work on that heat shield!

I was going to add insulation to it, before I realized that it was double-walled. So I just gave it a polish to help reflect heat.

Old habits die hard.

alfaloco likes this.

post #100 of 1026 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

One step forward, two back.

Flushing coolant in order to potentially start the car this weekend, only to notice that the starter bracket to the engine mount was loose. Tried to tighten the bolt, it was stripped...sigh.

Thankfully, I have extra mounts, so I won't have to helicoil it.

But, wasn't in the plans this weekend.

post #101 of 1026 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 12:46 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
You now need to carry mirrors with you so when you park you can put them under the car so everybody can see that polished exhaust shield

Getting close though
Pete
horsewidower and bulletpruf like this.

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
post #102 of 1026 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

When you missed that ONE bolt!

Savali 3.1 likes this.

post #103 of 1026 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 04:23 PM
GT4

Garage
Great topic this.
I am doing the exactly same thing with a Alfa 90 Gold Leaf 2.5.
It has a 2.5 V6 Busso engine in it that stood in a shed since 2002/3 and was never touched since then other than by bicycles to the passenger door.
In real terms it is a 4 door GTV6 in engine, and running gear with a slightly longer wheel base, (110mm extra).
We got it running but took the injectors out and getting them serviced by our Alfa Dealer. The car was serviced by them just before it was put away.
This made a huge difference as the cooling fluid was like brand new and no corrosion in the alloy tubes.
Engine inside is as clean as a whisle as the heads were also done by the dealer plus a new exhaust system under neath with still the stickers on the headers and collector.
Full service history and bills of what was done when and where in the famous briefcase!
Question about the GTV spoiler;
Are these rear after market spoilers still available?
Attached Images

post #104 of 1026 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

GT4, I love your car! I wish it had been sold on our shores.

The rear spoiler on my car came as part of the Maratona body kit. I'm not aware of anyone making them today. (Edit: Nope, I'm wrong, probably came on a Velocissma version of the Alfetta, I've also seen them on a Mille Miglia version)

Last edited by horsewidower; 02-03-2018 at 04:33 PM.
post #105 of 1026 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Finished up R&Ring the radiator and fans. Ready for reinstallation. Also tested the install of the air box. It was only installed with one bolt when I took it off. I don't think it was original to the car, the holes don't line up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode