1984 Maratona "Ran when parked..." - Page 16 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 720Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #226 of 1043 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 10:12 AM
Gold Subscriber

And I think I have a an early selector shaft for the transaxle, have to look.
horsewidower likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 1043 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Fantastic. I'll check my calendar when I get back to work tomorrow and see when I can get down to see you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a school day. Learning something new all the time

View my '74 GTV restoration at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

View my '91 164s adventure at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

But wait there's more: View my 164LS thread:

You're kidding, another one?! 1984 GTV6 Maratona

You didn't...oh yes I did. '73 Berlina graduate course in rust repair. No thread yet, don't want to piss off the GTV

You didn't...oh yes I did II. Deposit down on another vehicle...stop the madness!!!
post #228 of 1043 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 10:43 AM
Gold Subscriber

Give me a text, I'm coming that way next Monday, maybe meet? I need to dig out the parts.
horsewidower likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #229 of 1043 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

With it now driving, time to think about getting it licensed. So, it'll need a brake and headlight inspection.

I'm thinking Hella H1 & H4 headlight conversion would be the ticket.

You didn't...oh yes I did. '73 Berlina graduate course in rust repair. No thread yet, don't want to piss off the GTV

You didn't...oh yes I did II. Deposit down on another vehicle...stop the madness!!!
post #230 of 1043 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 10:18 AM

Garage
Flat faced Hellas are da bomb. 5 3/4 are not DOT legal last time I checked. Depends how rigorous your inspection is.

Mark
horsewidower likes this.

84 Spider - Long gone, but started the addiction; 85 GTV6 - Current project, Supercharged, Mega Squirt; 88 Verde - "Milo" It has a name, must be a keeper
post #231 of 1043 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 03:19 PM
Del
Gold Subscriber

I ran those in my four headlight Alfas, but our inspections were/are for smog only so no problem. Other States? Who knows. There are sooo many different headlights out there now, I don't know that they would notice.
horsewidower likes this.

Del

Seattle

1989 Milano, Shankle Sport
1991 164S, stock
1994 164LS (~Q)
1972 Morgan 27

previously owned since 1964:

62 Morris MiniMinor 850, 67 Austin 1275 Cooper S (Downton 3/4 race), 64 Giulia Sprint GT (1st red one made), 72 Fiat 128 Sedan, 75 Alfetta Sedan, 78 Alfetta Sedan, 78 GTV, 81 GTV6, 86 GTV6
post #232 of 1043 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

It's been really cold here, recently. Froze the well head, popped some water valves.

I can't tell how thrilled I was to open the workshop, plop down in the driver's seat and have the car start on a couple revolutions of the starter. Absolutely satisfying. All the work was worth it.

Unfortunately, I started it to move it so I can work on the Acura. Hopefully back to this next weekend.

post #233 of 1043 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Another nice care package from William of Richmond. He even delivered.

alfaloco and Savali 3.1 like this.

post #234 of 1043 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 10:55 AM
Gold Subscriber

Thanks for the kind words Bob. Look forward to seeing it and taking a test drive. I'll bring mine your way. Nice seeing you yesterday.
horsewidower likes this.
post #235 of 1043 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Took the plunge, went to the DMV. Paid the license fee and picked up two moving permits that allow me to drive the car over to the smog shop. Good for 60 days. I hope I'm not being too optimistic.

Savali 3.1 likes this.

post #236 of 1043 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 07:58 PM

Garage
Good grief, Charlie Brown! Can you even move it in your driveway without Guv Jerry going bonkers on you?

Hope it goes well...
horsewidower and Savali 3.1 like this.

alfaloco
Lexington, KY USA
post #237 of 1043 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Peter, I received the fuel filler hose, from the site you referenced. Very nice piece, packed well and shipped quickly. When I have it installed, I'll just need to fiddle with the below tank hoses. Those are the only hoses that haven't been replumbed on the car.

I am going to play with the paint. The paint has failed on the vast majority of the surfaces on the car. For the short term, I'll just use some "dipyourcar" coatings, while saving up for a proper repaint. The coatings will peel off. First up will be the hood, which I intend to paint in a flat black. I'll also be installing the regular GTV6 front and side moldings, while I restore the fiberglass Maratona body cladding. It's in bad shape.

My initial goal is to make it a properly running vehicle; aesthetics are secondary.

Bob
alfaloco likes this.

post #238 of 1043 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Didn't have much time this weekend, but still started the car and let it run until the fans came on. Purrs nicely, except for an intermittent miss. I'll have to figure that out before I go for a smog check.

I'm going to take a couple of days off, shortly, and getting this to the smog shop is priority 1.

post #239 of 1043 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 04:14 PM

Attaboy!
Keep it up.
Where did you purchase the tank filler hose exactly? I've yet to find one that is actually made from the correct rubber...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rob
Alfas first, then everything else.
post #240 of 1043 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingswim2006 View Post
Attaboy!
Keep it up.
Where did you purchase the tank filler hose exactly? I've yet to find one that is actually made from the correct rubber...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The new one doesn't have the large bellows, but is more than twice as thick. I'll have to post the site I purchased it from when I get to work tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode