Alfetta GTV Vitaloni electric mirror - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Alfetta GTV Vitaloni electric mirror

G'day out there,
It would be appreciated if some advice could given re the wiring of the Vitaloni, left hand side Electric door mirror found on Alfetta GTV 2000 and V6 2,500.
I have a yellow, black and two light blue leads used on this mirror.
The mirror has just been source from overseas and the description failed to mention it came from an archaeological dig. So rusted I dare not try and take it apart. Cost a bomb.
Anyway the idea was to try and see it applying 12 volts in the correct configuration allowed adjustment of the mirror.

Regards Geloso.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 03:42 AM

Hi,

I was going to be unhelpful and say "learn how to use the search function", but then I read "The mirror has just been source from overseas and the description failed to mention it came from an archaeological dig. So rusted I dare not try and take it apart. Cost a bomb." - hope it wasn't from a well known purveyor of rusted parts here on alfabb.

Anyway, these threads should help...

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfe...r-surgery.html
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/elec...c-mirrors.html

As you can see from the pictures in the thread the mechanism is full of little plastic gears which can bind if they are full of dust. If the mirror is really dirty it might pay to pop the cover off and blow out the dust before you put 12V into it. The cover should easily pop off even if it is rusty - although I guess it could crumble if it is **really** bad.

In which case you could spend a whole lot more and get one of these to replace it!!

Original Alfa Romeo Alfetta Gtv 2.5 mirror cap left 115446111603 NEW - Welcome to our online shop
Original Alfa Romeo Alfetta Gtv 2.5 mirror cap right 115446111703 NEW - Welcome to our online shop

Good Luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode