Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Organ Donor GTV6s for Parts

17K views 113 replies 27 participants last post by  planetmojo2 
#1 ·
Howdy,

I have a pretty good collection of used GTV6 parts to help with any bits you might need to complete your ALFA. Maybe not everything on the 'Most Wanted' list... but was recently sent a box of parts from Holland to add to my stash.

Let me know if there's anything I can check into for you.

Thanks,
Peter
uncleskeeter2@netscape.net

#4 ·
Hi Charlie,

In looking thru my stash I was able to find only two of those rubber sections. The short one in front of the US side driver's door, and the long one for the driver's door. I'm guessing the 4 short ones you have circled are what you need. Let me know if you end up needing my one short one.

Any other GTV bits on your list?

Cheers,
Peter

#5 ·
Hi, i'm looking for this rubber part, the right one, but if you have also the left please let me know (i don't know the exact name in english :) )

In America GTV6 has different bumpers, i know, but i want to try anyway!

Thanks,
Daniele

#6 ·
Hi Daniele,

Our US bumpers are too different to be of any help to you. Sorry.

I have a friend in Holland that swaps parts with me. I'll send him your pic to see if he canout. No promises, of course. But, I'll let you know if we have any luck on that.

Any other GTV6 bits on your list?

Cheers,
Peter

#10 ·
Sorry. I sold exactly that portion of the GTV6 hood to a guy in New Zealand about a year ago, to repair his rusted hood.

If you do find a metal center section from a GTV6 hood, you will also need the plastic 'tea tray' that fills the hole in the center. That bit is becoming rarer, and prices going up. Unless you use a plexi panel, or create a perforated metal insert.

Is the hood bulge addition purely a cosmetic consideration? Or, did you need extra clearance for a 24v V6, or larger engine transplant?

Cheers,
Peter

#16 ·
Hi,

After some fairly obscure parts. Do you by chance happen to have a rear hatch lock, a head rest from an early GTV finished in the blue/green velour or a couple of sun visors and the attachment to lock them in place that sits in the headlining?

Cheers,

Sam

#18 ·
Hi Sam,

Best to connect directly... uncleskeeter2@netscape.net.

I should have some extra sun visors. I think the clips to anchor the visors are still available via IAP/Centerline, for cheap. I do have headrests from the earlier !981-83 GTV6s. Mine are in the blue vinyl material, if you wanted to have them recovered. Sorry on the rear hatch lock... sold my last one long ago.

Cheers,
Peter

#19 ·
Hi,

Best to connect directly, thanks... uncleskeeter2@netscape.net

The part you need is the unit that goes into the top of the fuel tank with the float for the fuel gauge... correct. I should have more than one of those to look over, still sitting in my extra fuel tanks. Let me know if that sounds like the right part, and I can go pay those a visit on the other side of town.

Any other GTV6 bits while I'm looking?

Cheers,
Peter

#22 ·
Hi Chas,

Wish I could help. Most of my bone cars came with antennas integrated into the windshield.

If you have no luck finding one, you might look into a short one from FUBA, or other. Those can be found for under $30, if you don't need to be concourse correct. Good luck with your search, and let me know if other bits pop up on your list in the future.

Peter

#24 ·
Hi bayalfa,

There was an earlier and a later style for those panels. I seem to have found the 3 pieces needed for the later design. Face plate, 'glass', and graphics film. The face plate has some of the one-way snap fingers that lock it in place broken off. I can show you a quick invisible trick to get around the broken tangs, if this could work for you.

May find a more complete one with some more looking. You can contact me directly, and I can send pix.

Any other GTV6 bits on your list while I'm at it?

Cheers,
Peter

#31 · (Edited)
Ooooo... the fascia panel for the Tropic-Aire unit just below the glove box is likely the very highest on the 'Most Wanted List'! Right up there with the plastic bezel for the sun roof handle. Those were only available for one or two years, and are very fragile. So not easy to find a decent one.

I have one I'm saving for my own project car. So maybe the best I can offer is a pic to help your search.

I do have a couple of the actual functional components to convert a standard GTV6 A/C to become a Tropic-Aire, if that's any help. Plenum with hoses to go to the eye ball vents, and the evaporator box with fan. The only conversion parts I'm missing are the fascia cover and the two small blocking panels for the firewall.

If anyone wanted to go to the trouble of recreating this rare part... there may be a few options. Have one laser scanned, and create SLA parts from the file. And/or, to make an RTV mold from a sample part, and make rigid resin copies from the mold. Either method could easily offer having the paper-thin wall thickness fattened for extra strength. Also, a one sided mold for thermoforming a dozen or more copies.

Any other GTV6 bits on your list?

Cheers, Peter

#32 ·
I see you have done some homework on this part. I'll take the picture and any leads on reproducing this part if you have them.

Other dits I could use:
1. Microswitch located on the heater valve assembly. This is a Tropic air item also.
2. Plastic cover for driver side seatbelt pillar mount.
3. A radio enclosure that has not been butchered.

Thanks, :)
Marco

#33 ·
I see you have done some homework on this part. I'll take the picture and any leads on reproducing this part if you have them.

Other bits I could use:
1. Microswitch located on the heater valve assembly. This is a Tropic air item also.
2. Plastic cover for driver side seatbelt pillar mount.
3. A radio enclosure that has not been butchered.

Thanks, :)
Marco
Hi Marco,

Best to connect directly. Easier to swap pix.

I don't have any radio/ash tray consoles left (#3). But, I can check into the other two parts, if you can send pix to show exactly which bits I'd be looking for.

We can discuss the molding option for the fascia panel then, too.

Peter

#34 ·
Hi Marco,

I did find an extra micro switch from the heater valve assembly. I don't have way to test it, but could send it on the condition that you find it in working order.

No luck on the B-pillar seat belt cap. Thought I still had some. One may turn up when I'm not looking, tho.

Peter

#37 ·
As Dave submitted, you can likely find brand new switches. I can send pix of mine with any numbers I find on it, if that helps your search. I sent you plenty of input to consider on creating new Tropic-Aire fascia panels. Hope those are seen as good possible routes around an NLA part.

You can trust any flattering remarks that Dave offers about me. He's a man of impeccable taste when it comes to that topic :- )

Peter

#36 ·
Marco-- I do believe I have one of those black caps for the seat belt swivel ring. I'll check after work today, and let you know. Meanwhile, don't be surprised if Peter comes up with something... I've seen him pull the rabbit out of the hat before!

And yes, the microswitch is indeed a generic, Murican-made Microswitch (brand name). Single-pole single-throw, IIRC. Was part of the distributor/dealer installed Tropic Air system.

I know what you're going through with these details... we launched our parts quest over two years ago for my son's GTV 6. It was fun, and rewarding. Several members here on this BB helped us tremendously with that quest, Peter included.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.