Alfa GTV6/ Alfetta GT restoration story from Pakistan - Page 9 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 215 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

more pics of the paint in fluorescent light and wheels

I hope the wheels are not an overkill.... actually liked the compomotive tele dial type wheels buy Kevin persuafded me otherwise. The original wheels will also be prepped and painted. BY the way anyone know what sort of wheel nots are erquired... size etc for the 17 inch wheels from EB spares. The orginal nuts are too small.
Attached Images

alfaloco likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 215 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 10:55 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Yeah my favourite wheel as well.

Love to see a 75 running them. Good choice
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #123 of 215 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

the new workshop

the car is at the new premises. My only prayer is that things are not lost in the transportation... am told not but one always worries with cars this rare. The paint has dried out nicely and now has a layer of dust on it courtesy of the shop not being ready . The interior is going to start soon. Will have the Recaros prepared but the standard seats are nice as well. I was fascinated by the wooden sliding support for the headrest... that swung me in its direction
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 215 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 01:35 AM

I’m intrigued by your comment that the original wheel nuts are too small for the new wheels. In what way? Not saying they’re necessarily right for the new wheel, it’s just not a term I’d associate with wheel nuts.

For sure though you do need to carefully match nuts to wheel and wheel to hub.

Alister
1973 105 GTV (Alfa #6 of 19 owned)
post #125 of 215 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 05:34 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to martym00se72
I found that with the move from original wheels to my OZ Racing wheels - the original capped nuts did not have enough depth to hold the wheel hard against the hub so had to get deeper nuts...

'83 GTV6 - 164 12v 3.0 in!
'99 156 Twin spark - for track time fun! And ferrying the kids around in...
post #126 of 215 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martym00se72 View Post
I found that with the move from original wheels to my OZ Racing wheels - the original capped nuts did not have enough depth to hold the wheel hard against the hub so had to get deeper nuts...
Yes, that’d be right. The factory wheel nuts are shallow and can bottom out when used with after market wheels. What you describe is very common.

Alister
1973 105 GTV (Alfa #6 of 19 owned)
post #127 of 215 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 10:06 PM
PSk

Just take to the wheel studs with your grinder and remove ~10mm's ... solved in 2 minutes. You don't need new nuts!

Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
post #128 of 215 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 07:17 AM

wheel studs

The wheel studs are already to short for most after market rims especially if you want to use spacers to widen the wheel track. For future fitment of different rims cut the very end of the wheel nuts if you must. Do not cut the studs shorter because you will be pissed later when you try and fit rims only to find the studs are not long enough.
PSk likes this.
post #129 of 215 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. Bought new nuts
Aggie57 likes this.
post #130 of 215 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

fitting started.. wheels on

the fitting of the trim bits has started.

First things first as you will notice the exhaust has been fitted but it appears to be slightly too long and seems to be rotated and fouling the body in several places ... possible it needs to be heated and rotated slightly... as solution ... from the front so that the rear rotates upwards.... there was too little light in the dugout so could not put up pictures.

the second is that there is a misfire so will have to diagnose this starting from scratch.... possibly one of the injectors is not working but later. For now enjoy the pics...the pain at least has come out brilliantly
Attached Images

post #131 of 215 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

Delays and delays

There have been many delays. Was not pressing as was waiting for seals to come form ebspares and also many trim bits form Kevin at the same source in the UK. He has been a great help.

The seals and trim bits are now being fitted. The sunroof has been fitted and the windows are going in
Attached Images

alfaloco and horsewidower like this.
post #132 of 215 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 11:28 AM
PSk

Love those rims. They look sensational ... wish I could find a cheap set for my 156v6 as they are simply awesome. I reckon a 75 would like stunning with them as well!

Paint looks very good.
Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
post #133 of 215 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

window fitting started

the window fitting has started..... seals slightly short... probably shrunken due to heat. Old ones better. Have asked for them to be taken down...and the old ones put on but that menas taking the windows down again... Drat

The seats are being done up in leather. Hope you like the colour. I have a spare set of recaros with the correct net headrest ... probably come off a Toyota Hilux Surf... Yes these used Recaros in period in the 90s and early 2000s
Attached Images

post #134 of 215 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

the seats

I actually like the seat colour a lot....not too light nor too dark... a tan that I like a lot
Attached Images

post #135 of 215 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 04:52 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamhus View Post
I actually like the seat colour a lot....not too light nor too dark... a tan that I like a lot
Agree! Nice hue. Not too light, not too dark. I like the perforated center sections as well.. thanks for sharing!
- Art

2007 Aston DB9, 1994 Alfa 164 LS, 1982 Alfa GTV6 Balocco SE, 1975 Maserati Bora, 1967 Plymouth Satellite convertible, 1965 Plymouth Satellite hardtop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode