Alfa GTV6/ Alfetta GT restoration story from Pakistan - Page 6 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

another italian mistress

Am a serial philanderer I now know. While the Alfa is being made ready the roving eye lit on another Italian beauty... this time rather complete but missing an engine... which I just happened to have lying around..... as one does. One of the only two Fiat Spiders in the country...had to have it... so the restoration has started... wont need a lot hopefully as its all there apart form a couple of trim bits. Will want larger wheels though.
Has pushed back the restoration of the stepnose by a few months but will drive it this winter in the good weather
Attached Images

scootergeek likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 04:42 AM

The Fiat Spider is a very nice car to drive. Never had it, but had the opportunity to drive the top version, the Pinnfarina Volumex, with factory supercharger. Would not mind to have that one next to my GTV6 s!

Here some inspirational sale photos to show the model. Originally the wheels were shiny, not black.

http://www.ascari.de/verkauft/pininf...a-volumex.html

Also had a Fiat 2000 Argenta (132 series), self made with Ritmo Abarth engine and L-jet injection. Lowered and disc rear brakes. Fun car which is still around here with an other owner.

G.

Last edited by Gabor K.; 07-02-2017 at 04:57 AM.
post #78 of 215 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 12:08 PM
daz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_toro View Post
Drive shaft length is different between the saloon (Alfetta, Milano or 75 depending on year and part of the world) and the GT / GTV6. Saloon is longer.

Options -
1) Import a GTV6 drive shaft since you essentially have a GTV6 engine and trans.
2) Shorten one of your existing drive shafts. May not be an easy task, but from what I have been watching here, that won't deter you. The shaft spins at engine RPM so the shortened shaft needs to be straight and balanced. You will need a shop that can dynamically balance the shaft assembly.

There are lots of fiddly pieces at the connection to the engine and transmission - bearings, bushings, springs. Plus there are several different sizes of rubber donuts.

I am sure that you can overcome this hurdle!
There are two different lengths of drive shafts depending in the year of your gtv6
the longer shaft uses a lighter ali coupling where it attaches to the discs and is thinner
the short drive shafts uses a thicker and longer coupling and is made of steel

I have both and can send pics later if your stuck
kamhus likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #79 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

delays and delays .. but progress on another front

There have been major delays. ...the GTV6 seems to be on hold in the workshop as they tend to a Buick Road master straight eight and others. The car is almost ready for paint with the shut lines being sorted. ....so near yet so far. Its been pushed to the side. They say next monthj. Anyhow October and November are months with nice weather so I could supervise.
Meanwhile the Porsche 912 is home now after everything. A couple of minor niggles like lack of power....needs a 911 engine or a Stroker VW.. I hope Alfisti enjoy other cars too.
pics upload failing so the rest later
chairmankaga likes this.
post #80 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 04:30 AM

Garage
This is the coolest thread I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing and keep posting!

Paul Misencik - 1982 Alfetta GTV 2.0
Autology Motors, SL - Javea, Spain - www.autologymotors.com
post #81 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

after delays now that the Porsche is ready

There have been major delays... not the least of which has been the completion of the Porsche and the Fiat SPider. One must realise that the temp starts hitting late 40s ( celsius )...120s in fahrenheit in the shade and and work becomes difficult. Plus there was a BUick Straight 8 roadmaster from the early 50s...looks like a gangster car ... that needed to be finished also
Attached Images

ghnl likes this.
post #82 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Colour choice... any suggestions

It should be at paint probably early next month... along with the fiat. The colour chosen for the Fiat is something between apple green and yellow..chiaro verde??? The colour for the GTV6 is Rosso competizione metallic.
What does the forum think????
Attached Images

post #83 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

or the one in the giulia quadrifoglio

Rosso competizione
Attached Images

post #84 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

and thats a mercedes 450sel 6.9 in the background
post #85 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 06:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamhus View Post
The colour chosen for the Fiat is something between apple green and yellow..chiaro verde??? The colour for the GTV6 is Rosso competizione metallic.
What does the forum think????
I love your color choices! Can't wait to see more pictures, thank you for sharing the process!
- Art

2007 Aston DB9, 1994 Alfa 164 LS, 1982 Alfa GTV6 Balocco SE, 1975 Maserati Bora, 1967 Plymouth Satellite convertible, 1965 Plymouth Satellite hardtop
post #86 of 215 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 11:34 AM

Tri coat... pita for repairs and touches ups... but looks like an apple wanting to be bitten...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Savali 3.1 likes this.
post #87 of 215 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Progress...on the fiat.

The GTV6 is being prepped... the painters are hard at work on the lines... sanding away excess filler... putting in real extra time as they want to finish the work before the workshop moves to a new premises in a month... which means the GTV6 should be ready by that time as well. Some pics of the GTV6 as teasers in between a few others... a friends 280z 2Plus 2. You can just see the rear end of the GTV6 peeking in on the right.

And the colour of the spider in various lights
Attached Images

post #88 of 215 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

the 4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbadaro View Post
Tri coat... pita for repairs and touches ups... but looks like an apple wanting to be bitten...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Checked out the 4C in Dubai 2 years ago on return form an Italia trip driving classics on the Stelvio and Lake Como etc. Could not get comfortable in it... I am just 5foot 7/8 172 cm tall and teh seat back did not recline for me... hit the rear bulkhead... or may be that was just the car and a bust reclining mechanism ...even Jeremy Clarksons driven it.

But the GTv6 colour is going to be similar.....
sbadaro likes this.
post #89 of 215 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

After an absence......

Progress has continued at many levels. GTV6 went on the back burner and the Fiat spider bodywork was being finished. The painters were busy with that. Pictures of the first coat of the Fiat spider are here to be see. Parts from Vickauto and Ricambi.us .... the GTV6 needs a few trim bits that are missing and door mirrors. Does any none know where to get the electric Tornado door mirrors. Also need the Air conditioning controls....
Attached Images

ZaXxon likes this.
post #90 of 215 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

more pics of the alfa

the paint base for the GTV6 is being put on........its slow but they put on filler and then sand it and sand it and then sand it some more until absolutely satisfied.........................you can see the result in the 912 porsche
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode