Alfa GTV6/ Alfetta GT restoration story from Pakistan - Page 15 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 215 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamhus View Post

I am now looking for a L jetronic BMW 633 ECU.

John Kartalamakis mentions in his book that the 635 CSi ecu and AFM work and are plug and play.. well almost ... but these are Motronic and not L Jetronic whereas all GTV6s were L Jetronic so what is he talking about????
I think you should get the correct AFM for the GTV6. You should contact sources in Europe like SAVALI and OKP engineering. There is always some surplus.

With regards to the AFM for the 635 CSI, mentioned by Jim Kartamalakis, I think he mentioned the first model which had L-Jet. in 1980 the model changed to Motronic, so after that would not fit. Look for model E24, engine M90.

Some References:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M88#M90

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_6_Series_(E24)

G.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gabor K.; 02-25-2019 at 02:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 215 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

164 heads on a Milano/75 3.0 litre block

As you will have gathered by 3.0 lire engine...the left hand head....drivers side on US cars and passengers on RHD... wasnt done up properly by the machinist. I am now being offered 164 heads....

A small question... will the 164 12 valve heads fit onto the 3.0litre block from a 75/ Milano????? without modifications. Dont want to go through the expense of getting the heads all the way across several ponds to kick myself later
post #213 of 215 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

pics of 164 heads on offer

pics of heads... will they fit on the 3.0 block form a milano/75 and what mods if any I will have to make...obviously the distrbutor will have to be blanked off...but other things???
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 215 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamhus View Post
pics of heads... will they fit on the 3.0 block form a milano/75 and what mods if any I will have to make...obviously the distrbutor will have to be blanked off...but other things???
Yes I am quite sure the 164 heads will fit on the 75 3L engine. Have not tried that, however the 164 engine is a development of the 75 engine by turning it 90 degrees to fit a front wheel drive engine. The 164 crank is 4mm Shorter than the 75 engine, but I think that does not bear on the heads. With regards to the distributor connection on the 164; the whole sub unit can be removed and the blanking plate from the 75 engine can be installed at that posistion, no problem.

So I say compare the heads mating surfaces, I think they are the same and then put the 164 head on the 75 Block to see if the holes mate properly with the head studs.

On the other hand I have tried to put a 2,5l GTV6 2,5 head on the 164 3L Block. In that case there was some overly resistance in gliding down the head studs. So that was not a proper fit. A test done just to see if it would fit.

However in the case of 3L 164 heads on the 75 Block I would expect a better result, but you need to see!
sbadaro likes this.
post #215 of 215 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:42 AM

Garage
Yes the 164 heads will fit on the 3.0 liter 75 block. I am in the process of building an engine using those components currently.

84 Spider - Long gone, but started the addiction; 85 GTV6 - Current project, Supercharged, Mega Squirt; 88 Verde - "Milo" It has a name, must be a keeper

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode