Best wheels for GTV-6 - Page 7 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 226 (permalink) Old 04-29-2011, 12:08 PM

It looks like they still make this wheel but no US distributor noted. The cost is reasonable as well.

AZEV TYP A CLASSICO HP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 226 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Supporting Vendor

The Ronal A1s are a very pretty wheel.

I just got these shots back from photography. We only have a couple of sets left from our first shipment as most were pre-sold by word-of-mouth. They are not even posted on our web site yet!
Attached Images

Centerline International - Alfa Romeo Parts & Accessories

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
750-ALFA
post #93 of 226 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 11:05 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ToonRboy Send a message via Skype™ to ToonRboy
Can you tell us the specs on that wheel? Presumably 15x7, 5x98? ET? and of course, cost.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 226 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 11:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCab View Post
I love A1s! They used to look great on lowered Alfetta sedans.

Some random wheel pics I have stored away...
Attached Images

1967 1600 Spider
post #95 of 226 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 11:37 AM

Garage
more wheels

More wheels..
Attached Images

1967 1600 Spider
post #96 of 226 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 11:41 AM

Garage
More....sorry....
Attached Images

1967 1600 Spider
post #97 of 226 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:

I just got these shots back from photography. We only have a couple of sets left from our first shipment as most were pre-sold by word-of-mouth. They are not even posted on our web site yet!
How much per set? Will you be providing 4x98 pattern as well?

Bob 1960 Giulietta Spider, 1975 Alfetta Sedan, 1984 GTV/6, 1982 Spider, 1990 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V, 1988.5 Ferrari 328 GTS, 1962 Ferrari 250 GTE
post #98 of 226 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:

Nice. A few questions:

1. Weights?
2. The original A-1's had issues with structural stability on the racetrack with slicks. Are these any stronger?
3. Are the centercaps available separately? The centercaps on the original wheels were had a tendancy to fall out and they go for a small fortune on Ebay. You could probably sell replacement caps for the original wheels.
4. The casting marks on the wheels do not match the originals. Are these made by Compomotive?
post #99 of 226 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Supporting Vendor

I'll try to answer a few questions here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonRboy View Post
Can you tell us the specs on that wheel? Presumably 15x7, 5x98? ET? and of course, cost.
Yes, these are 15x7, 5x98, ET25. They are $279.00 per wheel, sets of 4 only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiatosca View Post
Will you be providing 4x98 pattern as well?.
I would be willing to special order Alfetta wheels but don't stock them. The price would be the same as the 5 x 98 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinhead View Post
1. Weights?
2. The original A-1's had issues with structural stability on the racetrack with slicks. Are these any stronger?
3. Are the centercaps available separately? The centercaps on the original wheels were had a tendancy to fall out and they go for a small fortune on Ebay. You could probably sell replacement caps for the original wheels.
4. The casting marks on the wheels do not match the originals. Are these made by Compomotive?
These are about 18 lbs. on our UPS scale, from memory. I'll weigh one again tomorrow and correct myself if that's not accurate.

The issue of the original A-1s cracking is a complex one; the thing that needs to be remembered is the problem didn't pop up until they were quite old wheels, and nobody knows how many wheels are actually affected. I would bet these are improved, as the issue is well known, but having said that they are a cast aluminum street wheel and will never be as strong as a forged motorsport wheel.

We don't have caps separately, and I don't know that they interchange with original wheels.

These wheels are replicas, made by a well known manufacturer. They don't say Ronal on them, however there was quite a bit of wrangling needed to get permission to produce them so they are not "unauthorized".

Centerline International - Alfa Romeo Parts & Accessories

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
750-ALFA
post #100 of 226 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 02:18 PM

I liked XRAY's car, so I stole his wheel and tire ideas and got them mounted up last night.

Love the look, it's beefy, even though it's not strictly a period wheel they don't seem out of place. A little bit of rubbing in the front on the spoiler with the 225/50-15s.
post #101 of 226 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 07:41 PM

I like Simmons FR's..hard to beat, and now due to them closing down, hard to get...but suit the Alfetta series very nicely...totally customisable 3pc rims.
post #102 of 226 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 01:22 AM

agree with mike, i currently have fr16's on my gtv and a set of v4 15's also to suit alfa, aswell as 2 other sets of b45's, allows me to change offset, size and width very easly. they look classic, are a period looking wheel and with a low ride height and offset give a pefect stance. cannot be beaten.

79 GTV Sr20-Track/Drift ~ 83 GTV6 3ltr 24v-Street ~ 83 GTV-Street ~ 76 GT,75TS x 3,164,85 GTV,S13 silvia-Parts cars ~ VT SS Ls1 6spd-Track ~ e30 318i 2dr-Daily
post #103 of 226 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 09:11 AM

I saw these wheels on a Callaway GTV6. Who makes them, and where are they available? If they are available at all!

"When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." -- Henry Ford
post #104 of 226 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfamante View Post
I saw these wheels on a Callaway GTV6. Who makes them, and where are they available? If they are available at all!

Those are Speedline 164 Q4 wheels. Those EXACT wheels and tires (i.e. the ones that you see in the photo from that callaway) are for sale right now in Chicago. Guy who bought the callaway sold the wheels and tires. They are an uncommon find here in the US. The ones Dante is selling are practically perfect.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa...peedlines.html

Rob
Alfas first, then everything else.
post #105 of 226 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 09:31 AM

Talk about a small world!

*That* Callaway is one I agreed to purchase from Joe Garcia in Florida in 2008. I flew down to take possession of the car, and ended up having a heart attack en route to his house. Maybe I was just too excited about the Callaway. Anyway, after spending a week in a Ft. Lauderdale ICU having my wallet drained, Joe was nice enough to let me out of the sale, and ultimately sold it to someone else.

Fast forward to 2011, I'm finally buying a different GTV6, but never forgot those Speedline wheels. To have the very same set available for sale right now is just incredible! That will make a great story. LOL.

Thanks for the tip.

UPDATE: I BOUGHT THEM! PSYCHED!!!

"When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." -- Henry Ford

Last edited by Alfamante; 07-31-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode