Best wheels for GTV-6 - Page 16 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #226 of 277 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
Love those Bronze wheels as well as several others on this thread. While I have a Alfetta velocissima it does have a 3.0 v6 with cams ,headers, catless exhaust and all the suspension upgrades offered by Shankle in the old days it is almost a GTV6! It runs on 17x7 (215/40) front 17x8 (235/40) Team Dynamics wheels . Also have the Alfa Ronal wheels 15x7 with 205/50 front and 225/50 rear.

I still think the wheels with holes really give the car an original classic look so i run them once in a while, just need new tires for back!
Very nice with the Team Dynamics wheels, the Ronals look old and out of date, sorry Saying the car kept up better than the Ronals.

G.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 277 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 04:06 PM
Gold Subscriber

Argo:
Nice Velocissima! Not everyone likes all the extra body work, but I think its very period! I have had several Alfetta GTs and always wanted a Velocissima edition. The Team Dynamics with the wider tires no doubt do a better job filling out those wheel wells!

I currently have an '84 GTV6 and will be applying a Maratona kit to it, with bigger, wider wheels (Compomotive TS701's) to also help fill in those wheel wells. Along the way I also picked up a Velocissima upper hatch spoiler and will look to add that as well. 80's excess! lol

Ron
16 Caddy ATS-V w/6sp MT

Last edited by Renaldo; 03-22-2019 at 01:28 AM.
post #228 of 277 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 06:46 PM

Great! Looking forward to seeing photos of your GTV6 when finished. I live in southern interior of B.C. and have not seen a GTV6 on the road in over 30 years!
Renaldo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #229 of 277 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo View Post
Argo:
Nice Velocissima! Not everyone likes all the extra body work, but I think its very period! I have had several Alfetta GTs and always wanted a Velocissima version. The Team Dynamics with the wider tires no doubt do a better job filling out those wheel wells!

I currently have an '84 GTV6 and will be applying a Maratona kit to it, with bigger, wider wheels (Compomotive TS701's) to also help fill in those wheel wells. Along the way I also picked up a Velocissima upper hatch spoiler and will look to add that as well. 80's excess! lol
Maratona photos saved from an ad., with Ronals though. Find Maratona iin red better than silver in my opinion, but never had this version here.
Attached Images

Renaldo likes this.
post #230 of 277 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 04:07 PM

Looks Great! I see it has the same rear deck spoiler as the velocissima. The gold clover leaf badge on the vent cover is also the same. I recently purchased replacement covers for my car from another member of this forum after they were stolen. Will have them repainted and new badges installed soon.
post #231 of 277 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 01:37 AM
Gold Subscriber

Actually, there are two other variants on the rear deck spoiler: the 1st/L example below I think was mostly on the Callaway Turbo, while the 2nd/R example found its way on many of the Maratonas, more so ( I think) than the spoiler found on the Velocissima. My spoiler is the 2nd one (but that is not my GTV6, sadly).

Ohh! and how 'bout dem wheels?! I have no idea what either of these cars are sporting.
Attached Images

Ron
16 Caddy ATS-V w/6sp MT

Last edited by Renaldo; 04-12-2019 at 03:40 PM.
post #232 of 277 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 01:42 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabor K. View Post
Maratona photos saved from an ad., with Ronals though. Find Maratona iin red better than silver in my opinion, but never had this version here.
Gabor K: That is a nice take on the Maratona in red! So is the black example I displayed in my response. When I wrap up my 3.5 project ('some day'), I think that I will go with a very nice (Mercedes type?) metallic silver with solid flat black trim on mine... but there is still much, much time for me to twist and turn on that decision. ( And along with the body kit and spoilers, I also have the Quadfoglio and Maratona badging as well. I will not be implementing the hatch window louvers however.)

My very first car was a silver seriesI Scirocco... and these fastback cars look pretty dang sleek in silver IMHO.

Ron
16 Caddy ATS-V w/6sp MT

Last edited by Renaldo; 03-24-2019 at 05:41 PM.
post #233 of 277 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 03:09 AM

Here a link to a silver car to compare with.

https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alf...ano-verde.html
post #234 of 277 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 05:41 AM
Gold Subscriber

Nice Maratona, but like many of them, it too suffers from wheels/tires being too much inset. The extra body work overwhelms the look due to insufficient offsets.

Ron
16 Caddy ATS-V w/6sp MT
post #235 of 277 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 08:37 PM

Garage
I have always preferred the metric Speedlines. 16” replicas work for me. I finally received 4 a couple of days ago and hope to have them on my 1985 GTV6 within a couple of weeks.
Attached Images

Last edited by alfaromeorobert; 03-23-2019 at 10:45 PM.
post #236 of 277 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 04:46 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaromeorobert View Post
I have always preferred the metric Speedlines. 16 replicas work for me. I finally received 4 a couple of days ago and hope to have them on my 1985 GTV6 within a couple of weeks.
Where does one get a set of those? I have a set of the stock Maratona wheels, but the tires are $300 a piece.

Everyday is a school day. Learning something new all the time

View my '74 GTV restoration at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

View my '91 164s adventure at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

But wait there's more: View my 164LS thread, now parts car status:

You're kidding, another one?! 1984 GTV6 Maratona

You didn't...oh yes I did. '73 Berlina graduate course in rust repair. No thread yet, don't want to piss off the GTV

You didn't...oh yes I did II. 1995 164LS 5 speed, awesome when it runs!!!

Musings on shop related items:
post #237 of 277 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 06:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsewidower View Post
Where does one get a set of those? I have a set of the stock Maratona wheels, but the tires are $300 a piece.
I had them made by NTM through Matt @Alfa9supply.
horsewidower and Alfa9 Supply like this.
post #238 of 277 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 08:27 AM

I am looking forward to seeing those on the car, I still think 16" is the best size for the GTV6.

'86 GTV6 - No Name
'88 Verde w/no sunroof - Bella
'89 Spider Quad - Red
'86 Spider Quad - Silver - SOLD
'89 RC30
post #239 of 277 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 11:57 AM

Garage
Can you post a pic of the metric speedline reproductions? Do you have size (width and offset)? OEM type finish or did you go another route? I’ll bet they look great.

Peter A
'82 gtv6 3.0, '86 gtv6 3.0, '18 Stelvio TI
post #240 of 277 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 08:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
Can you post a pic of the metric speedline reproductions? Do you have size (width and offset)? OEM type finish or did you go another route? I’ll bet they look great.
Once I have them on the car I intend to come back here to post pics. I’ll provide details at the same time so it’s all together in one post.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode