Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   AlfaBBNews (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfabbnews/)
-   -   Jim Neill aka Papajam (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfabbnews/673168-jim-neill-aka-papajam.html)

alfajp 03-17-2019 04:21 AM

I am so sorry in being late to this tribute. I did not know he was sick nor had passed. He is a legend and will be sorely missed. There would have been no way I could have restored my Spider, Milano, GTV6 and Montreal without his support and awesome diagrams.

I hope he is enjoying Alfas in Heaven as we speak....godspeed Jim!

JP

ShadeTree 03-21-2019 04:01 PM

I've been distracted lately due to medical problems of my own, and found out about his death in the Alfa Owner magazine. I was truly shocked and saddened by the news. I met Jim only once while at the 2010 convention, but spent many hours on the phone discussing our 1750 GTVs, and other Alfa and non-Alfa related topics. He will truly be missed.

Dave Nayak 03-21-2019 05:39 PM

So sorry to hear about Papajam. When I first got my 78 Spider, Jim helped me many many times with the issues I had with the spider. Specially with the superb electrical diagram in color. Alfa community lost an incredible person. RIP, Papajam!! We will miss you!

Roadtrip 03-22-2019 09:36 AM

Jim was a great selfless Alfisti and a good man. His knowledge and expertise on the BB was pivotal in making the AlfaBB the success that it is.

I'd be appropriate to put his picture on the AlfaBB banner for a while to commemorate his contributions and achievements for the Alfa community.

divotandtralee 04-15-2019 04:23 AM

It's worth mentioning...Jim's legacy lives on here. I've been searching archives on subjects lately and it is no surprise, his relevant posts are in the mix for often the most difficult to find solutions. It always gives me a boost to read his posts as if he has never left us. Thanks, James.

Alfaflyer 05-02-2019 08:24 PM

Indeed, I too was helped by Jim. I didn't know at the time how vast his knowledge was, nor how kind and helpful he was to all. Like many of you, we chatted on the phone over a problem I was having as a brand new owner of a 67 Duetto. Very gracious. Seems like he treated everyone from newby to the older experienced owners the same. A great example.

grapppa 05-03-2019 05:32 AM

To me, it was so comforting to know that Jim always was always there to help. He was so generous of his time... I miss him every day