Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   AlfaBBNews (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfabbnews/)
-   -   Jim Neill aka Papajam (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfabbnews/673168-jim-neill-aka-papajam.html)

Raimondo 12-31-2018 06:30 PM

Yes! A fitting tribute to an incredible human being who epitomized having a servant's heart.

I'm certain that Henry Ford tipped his hat to Jim upon his arrival; then asked for his autograph...

jaxstand 01-01-2019 04:13 AM

Subject: original ditty 2019

Here's to a new year, mine starts out, with a tear
stayed up to see midnight, just,, things aint right
I wish for you all good things, as this new year begins
live long and prosper, hold loved ones closer
some times wishes do come true, I hope it all happens for you
could happen years away, or it could be today.
Peace and love
papajams jaxstand

divotandtralee 01-01-2019 04:53 AM

Can you share any plans for an obit or a memorial service?

ossodiseppia 01-01-2019 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlfaSpiderRick (Post 8356864)
The AROC-USA Board of Directors will be discussing the creation of an annual Jim Neill Memorial Award at their January meeting.

Such great news!

930cabman 01-01-2019 06:23 AM

I did not have the pleasure of meeting or speaking with Jim, but after reading this thread I can sense the depth/breadth of him. Every so often men like Jim(larger than life and willing to give freely of themselves) pass on but leave a large void on their passing. My condolences to Jim's family and many friends. He will be sadly missed.

JJr 01-01-2019 08:54 AM

I'm saddened to read this news, I haven't been on BB in months. I only corresponded with Jim a few times, wiring diagram request and a few newbie questions. Jim always responded and was willing to help in anyway possible. He once responded to my question about a couple of wires that hold dash vents in places with "surprise in route" vents & wires arrive a few days later, more than I needed and would not accept any payment. Who does this kind gesture these days? Only an angel who loves people and these cars. I've read hours of his threads and replies, so much knowledge and love for the AR and fellow members! Love and prayers to Papajam's family. RIP.

goats 01-01-2019 09:39 AM

A kind, knowledgeable and friendly man has left his mark on me. I never met Jim, but corresponded with him, and every single time he went WAY above and beyond to help. My goodness, such a loss to our community. Jaci my prayers are for you and your family, Jim THANK YOU and you now can soar on eagles wings.

gprocket 01-01-2019 09:49 AM

It's funny, although we never met in person Jim and I developed a great friendship over the years through phone and email working out various Alfa related challenges. I always felt fortunate that I we had such a special bond. Now that I see the outpouring of similar stories it occurs to me that he treated everybody as though they were special. Just makes me miss him all that much more...

bshorey 01-01-2019 03:41 PM

Bless you Jaci.

bs

Alforno 01-01-2019 07:30 PM

In memory of Jim, one thing I will stick my head over the parapet and say, is that this is also an opportunity to take a step back and acknowledge the others before they are gone. We all know who they are. I wonder if they do...or just part of their DNA like Papajam. Many thanks!

Crowbar44 01-02-2019 03:52 PM

My condolences to Jim's family...

I only recently joined this community, having just recently purchased my first Alfa, but in that short period of time I had multiple opportunities to interact with Jim. He got me the wiring diagram for my car, and was invaluable in helping me rebuild my throttle linkage though his posts here. His generosity with his time and knowledge was inspiring, and led me to subscribe to this forum just to try and give back a little. Rest in Peace.

divotandtralee 01-02-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gprocket (Post 8357026)
It's funny, although we never met in person Jim and I developed a great friendship over the years through phone and email working out various Alfa related challenges. I always felt fortunate that I we had such a special bond. Now that I see the outpouring of similar stories it occurs to me that he treated everybody as though they were special. Just makes me miss him all that much more...

Jim was a better person in person than he was in print... if that is possible.

ossodiseppia 01-03-2019 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by divotandtralee (Post 8357556)
Jim was a better person in person than he was in print... if that is possible.

Yes, it's possible. It just depends on which hat he was wearing, at the time. The Administrator hat was one he took very seriously. Although it had it's challenges at times, I think it was one of his favorite.

It's very heartwarming to see these comments.

davbert 01-03-2019 07:21 AM

oh no... a massive lost here on the BB and amougst the alfa community. jim had a wealth of knowledge, was humble and exceedingly gracious. he personally help me to no end over the years.. his presence here will be sorely missed. RIP you saint!

classicalfas 01-03-2019 08:18 AM

Since receiving Jaci's call about Jimmy's unexpected death I have refrained from posting to the BB, for me it is a denial response, it poses a finality I do not want to accept, a very similar response I went through loosing a sibling just over a year ago. Jimmy was my friend, a friendship of 20 years or so but quickly escalated after we decided to strip our GT's together and have the shells restored years ago, a project that Jimmy chronicled on the BB that ended in disaster. I being more private I did not share my story. We worked on both our cars together sharing a passion we all can relate to. Jimmy was my friend. We spoke at least once a week, calling each other at work and at home, getting together at least once a month sharing laughs, and Alfa stories. I miss my friend. I haven't read all the posts on the BB about Jimmy, but I know they say all the same thing. How knowledgeable, friendly, and giving he was, how he has helped the newest to the most seasoned Alfisti, and how he prioritized other peoples projects and time over his own. He taught and he made you think, he made you a better person. To this the Alfa community owes Jaci a Giant Thank You, letting him share his passion and zest with the rest of us. Jimmy was small in stature but with the hugest of hearts and one with the largest of shoes, a person I will never see again in my lifetime. We have lost an Icon of a person, a blessing if you have been touched by him, and if not, will never know the feeling, having to settle for reading and listening to the stories of his lore, sounds more mythical or fantasy like. But so true. I miss my friend Jimmy.