Jim Neill aka Papajam - Page 5 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 353Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 05:53 PM
Gold Subscriber

From the Toronto Convention in 2012 when we met (not my picture).

There is a lot of joy in that face sitting in an ALFA and beside Jaci.

Name:  Papajam and Jaci.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  40.7 KB

1991 Spider Veloce - Red on Tan - Rosa Bionda
1987 Spider Quadrifoglio - Red on Grey - Rosa - Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Honey, this is the last thing I have to do, then I'm finished. It'll just be a minute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 06:43 PM

Jim, oh Jim.. I am so shocked and saddened. You will never know how much you were appreciated as just a great person and friend. I can't believe this is happening.
post #63 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 06:58 PM

As many others have said, Jim was so helpful. His legacy to the Alfa Romeo community will live on. Godspeed Papajam.
jaxstand likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 07:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxstand View Post

This is papajam, recently, in the alfa library...busy guy, he is, eh?
Sad news. Especially for all of us budding Alfisti. (I’m four years, now!!). Thanks jaxstand, for allowing papajam the time to help us all soooooo much. He’s helped me more times than I can count, or that he even knew about, because ‘his library’ lives on, here on the Alfa.bb. He’ll be helping me for a very long time!!

That picture might be dated the 13th, but I know he must have been sitting there on the 22nd when he pm’d me some info on my car.

My wife’s and my hearts go out to you and your family.
jaxstand likes this.

[B][I][U]Current[/U][/I][/B]
1984 Spider Veloce Deluxe
1969 GT 1300 JR
1969 1750 Spica Spider Veloce
1963 MGB
1952 MG TD
Others??!!!😃😃
post #65 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 08:54 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Good bye Jim.

Glad you finished your 1750 so you could enjoy it.
Pete
jaxstand, Aggie57 and Max Pershyn like this.

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
post #66 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 12:03 AM

RIP Papajam.

Jim - you really will be missed.

Thoughts are with you Jaci. I remember Jim as such a friendly, warm, knowledgeable, practical, competent and small yet strong man - it will be difficult for you, but you also have that inner strength and humour (not to mention baking skills) that I have every confidence will see you through. And I'm sure you have the most fabulous of memories and great stories of your life together with Jim to look back on.

What awesome hosts you were to us back in 2007 - and what a fantastic time we all had preparing the 'Queen and Country' oldsmobile for its drive from Staten Island to New Orleans. What fun we had both at Jim's factory and at your beautiful home. And what wonderful people are Jim, you, and your awesome brother Dan (may he also rest in peace).

Happy days, great times, and fond memories indeed!

All our love from across the pond

Gausie and Martini
xxx
post #67 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 04:24 AM

I'm another grateful recipient of Jim's unbelievable store of Alfa knowledge, research & love. Many of our Alfisiti here in the Atlanta Chapter have benefited from his expert advice & technical material. There's just no way to ever replace him. I sincerely hope to see him in Alfa Heaven. ~Rick / www.arocatlanta.org
Attached Images

Current: '78 Spider Veloce-250K miles-restored. Previous: '74 Spider (Killed by a Toyota). Way previous: Fiat 124, 1500 & 1200 Spiders.
post #68 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 05:35 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87testa View Post
We should create a Papajam award which could be awarded yearly at the National Convention. Something to keep his legacy alive.

Just a thought.
I think this is a wonderful idea. It should be presented to the AROC USA board for discussion and approval. I'm not a member of AROC, so it would need to be presented to them by a member.

Brian __________________________________

post #69 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
I think this is a wonderful idea. It should be presented to the AROC USA board for discussion and approval. I'm not a member of AROC, so it would need to be presented to them by a member.
I've sent Cindy Banzer (AROC-USA President) an email suggesting that they should indeed create a Jim Neill Memorial Award. ~Rick

Current: '78 Spider Veloce-250K miles-restored. Previous: '74 Spider (Killed by a Toyota). Way previous: Fiat 124, 1500 & 1200 Spiders.
post #70 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 06:33 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaSpiderRick View Post
I've sent Cindy Banzer (AROC-USA President) an email suggesting that they should indeed create a Jim Neill Memorial Award. ~Rick
Thank you, Rick.
HeavyMetalAlfa and jaxstand like this.

Brian __________________________________

post #71 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 07:06 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaSpiderRick View Post
Thanks Rick
jaxstand likes this.
post #72 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 09:10 AM
Gold Subscriber

If you spend any time reading the problems presented and solutions derived on the BB you will notice some names more often than others and soon you would discover who knew their stuff and what they are taking about and those who did not. He had a deep well of knowledge, patience and heart to help others.
Jim "Papajam" Neill will be missed dearly. So sad to hear. RIP
jaxstand likes this.

84 Spider
post #73 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 10:10 AM

Garage
I will add my great respect for the selfless and helpful man Jim was.

Name:  Papajam and Jaci.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  40.7 KB

1967 1600 Spider
post #74 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 01:28 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Jim was a friend. I am really torn up about his death. He was the embodiment of what it means to be a true 'Alfista'. Of that, there can be no doubt. Fair winds and following seas brother! Rev high!

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
post #75 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 03:49 PM

Cindy Banzer asked me to post her AROC-USA Facebook Tribute here:

AROC Technical Librarian Jim Neill’s Last Transition
On behalf of the AROC Board of Directors, I regret that Jim Neill, dedicated AROC member, long-serving volunteer, and recipient of the AROC Volunteer of the Year Award, transitioned to the starry skies above. His passing comes as a shock to all who knew him and will be keenly felt by Alfisti worldwide who he assisted with technical Alfa issues.

Jim was the curator of the renowned AROC library and the go-to-source for information on vintage Alfas. Most technical and service manuals eventually found their way into Jim’s mail box.

His beloved wife, Jaci, shared an example of Jim’s dedication, “Jim always took calls from Alfisti; he would be on the phone and when the conversation was completed, he turned to me and smiled.” I asked him if he helped get the Alfa running, “Yes," he replied. “Jim’s passion in life was to help to keep Alfas running,” said Jaci. Another of Jim’s joys was serving as Administrator for the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board where he was known as "Papajam".

Cause of death was from complications of emphysema. Arrangements for services to honor Jim are being discussed. Please join us in sharing with Jaci Neill our deepest condolences and sharing with her how important her husband was to AROC and the Alfa world.

The AROC-USA Board of Directors will be discussing the creation of an annual Jim Neill Memorial Award at their January meeting.

Cindy Banzer
President, Alfa Romeo Owners Club USA

The portrait here was painted by his friend, the late Jerry Quinlisk, and it is published in Jerry's book 'The Alfabet'.
Attached Images

Last edited by AlfaSpiderRick; 12-31-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode