Jim Neill aka Papajam - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 353Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 10:35 PM
Gold Subscriber

I'm so sad to hear of this. Was just emailing with him last month on several items. He was a GIANT on this bb and never above helping with even the most basic matters. I hope his family takes pride and finds some peace in knowing what a positive impact he had on so many in this community.
jaxstand likes this.

--Scott
Current: 85 GTV6, 69 Duetto, 17 Giulia, 74 GTV
Past: 65 Giulia Sprint GT, 77 Alfetta, 79 Alfetta, 87 Milano Gold, 74 GTV (Euro)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 04:23 AM

Jim was a gentleman indeed. I also met him at the Toronto convention. At some point, he was busy in the parking lot, working on another Alfa. The owner lived far away, and if my memory is correct he had blown a head gasket. Jim did the work right there so the car could be driven home.

My condolences to Jaci and his family.
jaxstand likes this.

Yves Boulanger
1974 2000GTV; 1982 GTV6 Balocco #194
post #48 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 05:52 AM

My condolences to Jim's family and those who knew him personally. Indeed, he was a great contributor and pillar of the Alfa community. Rest in peace, Jim.
jaxstand likes this.

Rich Hanning
'65 Sprint GT, '78 Spider, '88 Quad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 06:37 AM

I'm shocked and speechless.... Wonderful person.
riposa in pace brother!!
RML
jaxstand likes this.
post #50 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 08:21 AM

This took me by surprise as well. So sorry to hear that. I never met him and did not know how old he was. He is one of the few that seemed to appear in every thread where someone needed help. Virtually every one of my threads for sure. Someone mentioned patience and a gentleman. That sums him up for me. I will try to be more like him in the future.

Rest in Peace.

Stefano
Concord, CA
iachella [at] gmail [dot] com
post #51 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 08:47 AM

my heart

Hello all,
I am so touched by all the responses of this BB. Jim is the kindest person I will ever know. Just like your ALFAS, he did the same for me , saved me, kept me running.
We rarely know how life will turn, and papajam was a dream come true for me.(I wanted to go across country on a bike, and later in life, he came along. What a guy. I made a wish & he came true.)
My first alfa convention was Copper mountain, 94, we rode his Honda 1700 m/c. What a ride we have been on since.
We "refreshed" (a thread on here) a rusty alfa.. from top to bottom, went to Toronto convention .2012.
This is really nice to read (w/ tearing up) all this about him. I agree with all.
Thank folk.
I always asked , when he hung up from a call, Saved another ALFA , eh? He'd reply, yep!
wish I would have kept score. Glad I shared him w/ you.
Good luck to all w/ your projects.
Drive em & stay safe.

Peace, Jaci Neill or Mrs. papajam
aka jaxstand (on this BB)

thanx much
Peace~
jaxstand

"I love the sound of that white car daddy".
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #52 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 08:55 AM
Platinum Subscriber

I dealt with Jim plenty as fellow moderator, donor to the AROC library, friend. I've never known a better, more generous person.
Andrew
jaxstand and Aggie57 like this.
post #53 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 08:55 AM
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

God bless you Jaci. I know how much Jim cared about you. Stay strong in this most difficult of times and please remember the entire Alfa community feels you loss and cares about you. Your BB name clearly identifies you as the one who supported Jim through all the years.
All my best, Gordon
jaxstand likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gordon Raymond
Illinois SNO Alfa Chapter Director
Illinois SNO Ferrari Chapter Director
and sometimes, CONFUSED AND INCORRECT, but Larry helps me out.
Now:
Illinois Chapter Director AND Charter Member of THE CONFUSED AND INCORRECT
post #54 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 09:43 AM

Garage
I had the opportunity to meet Jim at the convention in Olympia, great guy. R.I.P.
jaxstand likes this.

''Aerodynamics is for people who can't build engines"- Enzo Ferrari
"Back in my day, tires were skinny and the drivers were fat"- Fangio
post #55 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 09:51 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxstand View Post
Hello all,
I am so touched by all the responses of this BB. Jim is the kindest person I will ever know. Just like your ALFAS, he did the same for me , saved me, kept me running.
We rarely know how life will turn, and papajam was a dream come true for me.(I wanted to go across country on a bike, and later in life, he came along. What a guy. I made a wish & he came true.)
My first alfa convention was Copper mountain, 94, we rode his Honda 1700 m/c. What a ride we have been on since.
We "refreshed" (a thread on here) a rusty alfa.. from top to bottom, went to Toronto convention .2012.
This is really nice to read (w/ tearing up) all this about him. I agree with all.
Thank folk.
I always asked , when he hung up from a call, Saved another ALFA , eh? He'd reply, yep!
wish I would have kept score. Glad I shared him w/ you.
Good luck to all w/ your projects.
Drive em & stay safe.

Peace, Jaci Neill or Mrs. papajam
aka jaxstand (on this BB)
Jaci, this is wonderful.. Thank you for posting
jaxstand likes this.

Brian __________________________________

post #56 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 10:10 AM

Garage
RIP Papajam. I am saddened by the news and extend my condolences to his family, friends and everyone here. We have lost a brother.

I never had a chance to meet him in person but he always chimed in on my posts when I was looking for help and always responded to my Pm's regarding my 1750 GTV.

Words cannot express the sadness and loss.

We should create a Papajam award which could be awarded yearly at the National Convention. Something to keep his legacy alive.

Just a thought.
ghnl, Gordon Raymond and jaxstand like this.
post #57 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 01:45 PM

papajam

This is papajam, recently, in the alfa library...busy guy, he is, eh?
Attached Images

duetto, Farace, Capp and 9 others like this.

thanx much
Peace~
jaxstand

"I love the sound of that white car daddy".
post #58 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 02:46 PM

Dear Jaci - my sincerest condolences to you, your family, friends and our Alfa community - WORLDWIDE.. Thank you for sharing this. For those of us on the other side of the world like me, in Belgium, who never got a chance to meet Jim in person, but we’re very much touched by his magic wand, this is very special. In my case, I enquired about a wiring diagram for a 1973 GT Jnr. I am still nursing back to life. Within 30 minutes I received a “congratulations” and the entire pertaining file of references well above and beyond. (The diagram is indeed a work of art by the way...but I am digressing) It struck me that it was 5am on the US east coast. Do those bags of cookies and, I assume, “energy drinks” the explanation? (Hope I made you smile!). Needless to say I was humbled then and I certainly am now. I’ll remember Jim as Papa”gem”...
ghnl and jaxstand like this.

1973 GT Jr.
post #59 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 03:00 PM

I've only owned my S2 Spider for a couple of months, but emailed Jim about 6 weeks ago for a wiring diagram, which he very kindly supplied. That diagram has been invaluable to me as I have corrected previous owners mistakes, fitted headlight relays, and replaced the fuse box with a blade type.
I've also read many of his old posts on here which have helped me greatly.
I didn't know him personally, but I am very grateful for the knowledge he has shared on here, and am saddened by the news of his death.
jaxstand likes this.
post #60 of 127 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 04:14 PM

papajam, papagem...works for me. thanx.. made me smile, too.
ossodiseppia, AlfistiSA and ghnl like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode