Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   AlfaBBNews (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfabbnews/)
-   -   Jim Neill aka Papajam (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfabbnews/673168-jim-neill-aka-papajam.html)

crackie 12-29-2018 10:35 PM

I'm so sad to hear of this. Was just emailing with him last month on several items. He was a GIANT on this bb and never above helping with even the most basic matters. I hope his family takes pride and finds some peace in knowing what a positive impact he had on so many in this community.

yvesmontreal 12-30-2018 04:23 AM

Jim was a gentleman indeed. I also met him at the Toronto convention. At some point, he was busy in the parking lot, working on another Alfa. The owner lived far away, and if my memory is correct he had blown a head gasket. Jim did the work right there so the car could be driven home.

My condolences to Jaci and his family.

65Sprint 12-30-2018 05:52 AM

My condolences to Jim's family and those who knew him personally. Indeed, he was a great contributor and pillar of the Alfa community. Rest in peace, Jim.

ballough510 12-30-2018 06:37 AM

I'm shocked and speechless.... Wonderful person.
riposa in pace brother!!
RML

iachella 12-30-2018 08:21 AM

This took me by surprise as well. So sorry to hear that. I never met him and did not know how old he was. He is one of the few that seemed to appear in every thread where someone needed help. Virtually every one of my threads for sure. Someone mentioned patience and a gentleman. That sums him up for me. I will try to be more like him in the future.

Rest in Peace.

jaxstand 12-30-2018 08:47 AM

my heart

Hello all,
I am so touched by all the responses of this BB. Jim is the kindest person I will ever know. Just like your ALFAS, he did the same for me , saved me, kept me running.
We rarely know how life will turn, and papajam was a dream come true for me.(I wanted to go across country on a bike, and later in life, he came along. What a guy. I made a wish & he came true.)
My first alfa convention was Copper mountain, 94, we rode his Honda 1700 m/c. What a ride we have been on since.
We "refreshed" (a thread on here) a rusty alfa.. from top to bottom, went to Toronto convention .2012.
This is really nice to read (w/ tearing up) all this about him. I agree with all.
Thank folk.
I always asked , when he hung up from a call, Saved another ALFA , eh? He'd reply, yep! :clap::clap:
wish I would have kept score. Glad I shared him w/ you.
Good luck to all w/ your projects.
Drive em & stay safe.

Peace, Jaci Neill or Mrs. papajam
aka jaxstand (on this BB)

Andrew 12-30-2018 08:55 AM

I dealt with Jim plenty as fellow moderator, donor to the AROC library, friend. I've never known a better, more generous person.
Andrew

Gordon Raymond 12-30-2018 08:55 AM

God bless you Jaci. I know how much Jim cared about you. Stay strong in this most difficult of times and please remember the entire Alfa community feels you loss and cares about you. Your BB name clearly identifies you as the one who supported Jim through all the years.
All my best, Gordon

Schuey 12-30-2018 09:43 AM

I had the opportunity to meet Jim at the convention in Olympia, great guy. R.I.P.

ossodiseppia 12-30-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxstand (Post 8356258)
Hello all,
I am so touched by all the responses of this BB. Jim is the kindest person I will ever know. Just like your ALFAS, he did the same for me , saved me, kept me running.
We rarely know how life will turn, and papajam was a dream come true for me.(I wanted to go across country on a bike, and later in life, he came along. What a guy. I made a wish & he came true.)
My first alfa convention was Copper mountain, 94, we rode his Honda 1700 m/c. What a ride we have been on since.
We "refreshed" (a thread on here) a rusty alfa.. from top to bottom, went to Toronto convention .2012.
This is really nice to read (w/ tearing up) all this about him. I agree with all.
Thank folk.
I always asked , when he hung up from a call, Saved another ALFA , eh? He'd reply, yep! :clap::clap:
wish I would have kept score. Glad I shared him w/ you.
Good luck to all w/ your projects.
Drive em & stay safe.

Peace, Jaci Neill or Mrs. papajam
aka jaxstand (on this BB)

Jaci, this is wonderful.. Thank you for posting

87testa 12-30-2018 10:10 AM

RIP Papajam. I am saddened by the news and extend my condolences to his family, friends and everyone here. We have lost a brother.

I never had a chance to meet him in person but he always chimed in on my posts when I was looking for help and always responded to my Pm's regarding my 1750 GTV.

Words cannot express the sadness and loss.

We should create a Papajam award which could be awarded yearly at the National Convention. Something to keep his legacy alive.

Just a thought.

jaxstand 12-30-2018 01:45 PM

papajam

1 Attachment(s)

This is papajam, recently, in the alfa library...busy guy, he is, eh?

Alforno 12-30-2018 02:46 PM

Dear Jaci - my sincerest condolences to you, your family, friends and our Alfa community - WORLDWIDE.. Thank you for sharing this. For those of us on the other side of the world like me, in Belgium, who never got a chance to meet Jim in person, but we’re very much touched by his magic wand, this is very special. In my case, I enquired about a wiring diagram for a 1973 GT Jnr. I am still nursing back to life. Within 30 minutes I received a “congratulations” and the entire pertaining file of references well above and beyond. (The diagram is indeed a work of art by the way...but I am digressing) It struck me that it was 5am on the US east coast. Do those bags of cookies and, I assume, “energy drinks” the explanation? (Hope I made you smile!). Needless to say I was humbled then and I certainly am now. I’ll remember Jim as Papa”gem”...

r6ymy 12-30-2018 03:00 PM

I've only owned my S2 Spider for a couple of months, but emailed Jim about 6 weeks ago for a wiring diagram, which he very kindly supplied. That diagram has been invaluable to me as I have corrected previous owners mistakes, fitted headlight relays, and replaced the fuse box with a blade type.
I've also read many of his old posts on here which have helped me greatly.
I didn't know him personally, but I am very grateful for the knowledge he has shared on here, and am saddened by the news of his death.

jaxstand 12-30-2018 04:14 PM

papajam, papagem...works for me. thanx.. made me smile, too.