Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/)
-   AlfaBBNews (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfabbnews/)
-   -   Jim Neill aka Papajam (https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfabbnews/673168-jim-neill-aka-papajam.html)

conedriver 12-29-2018 05:51 AM

If my memory is correct, they had to leave the Toronto convention due to the loss of a family member and now it is Jim. A great loss of a wonderful person. Sincere condolences to Jaci

cuorealfa 12-29-2018 06:42 AM

R.I.P Jim You will be greatly missed ,condolences to the family. spoke to Jim a couple of times regarding my car, his help was awesome ,can't thank him enough. Godspeed my FRIEND. GRANDE UOMO. CIAO

vintagemilano 12-29-2018 07:28 AM

That's sad. I never met him, only knew him through his contributions here. I feel for his wife and family, you can never be truly prepared for this, enjoy your cries and happy memories Mrs. Papajam.

sidewaysalfa 12-29-2018 07:37 AM

Recently I was asked what do you enjoy most about being a member of your local and national Alfa Club?
Jim and the help he offered is what I now reply to that question.

1750GT 12-29-2018 09:07 AM

Shocked and sad is all I can say about how I feel right now. Jim as many have attested to in these posts was a giant of humbleness and caring , never had a bad word to say about anyone. I had lunch with him at the AROC in Detroit but missed him at the AROC in Toronto (I know now why he left early). He was a rare pleasure....a true gentleman ....something that sadly is becoming very rare today. He helped me in many ways...from the wiring diagrams to spare and replacement parts....was always willing to help at anytime....my condolences to his wife...and family. Peace be with you forever Jim.

bshorey 12-29-2018 11:04 AM

Still hard to believe.

A great guy and a class act. A huge loss to the Alfa community, obviously, but also a personal loss to many. Even if
you didn't know Jim personally, it's easy to get a feel for how well loved he was by so many.

Sigh.

RIP Jim.

bs

Ranz 12-29-2018 01:11 PM

+1

tubut 12-29-2018 01:15 PM

I'm still reeling from getting the message off-board a couple of days ago.

Last time Jim and I talked on the phone, he gave me a sense that his health was reasonably stable, with a chance of getting better -- so, at the end of the call, I didn't expect at all that this would in fact be our last conversation, which was, as usual, much longer than we both anticipated because we had so many different topics to talk about.

My condolences to Jaci, family and friends. We lost a great one. I'll miss him a lot.

argtv6 12-29-2018 01:25 PM

An immense loss.
His wiring diagrams were masterpieces.
He generously helped me with data and diagrams over the years.
In his respect and for the sake of decency, we should always acknowledge him when sharing any of his invaluable work or advice.
RIP Jim.

Ralph

aguirola 12-29-2018 04:13 PM

A very sad loss of a wonderful Alfista and friend. Scolded me a few times too, and he was right.

Safe travels!

My sincerest condolences to the family,

Alberto

alfaloco 12-29-2018 05:23 PM

I first heard of Papajam's passing via Facebook yesterday, and it is such a loss to so many people, first of course his wife Jaci and family, and to so many others I'm sure. A person as generous, kind and mindful of others like Jim touches so many lives, and provides so much... expecting nothing in return. So many, many people are mourning his loss this evening. I knew Jim only to see him and chat occasionally at AROC conventions, and we conversed of course here on the BB, but he was positive and helpful 100% of the time, with everyone. I feel like he personified the thoughtfulness and giving personality of AROC and Alfisti everywhere.

May God bless and bring peace and healing to Jaci and his family and friends, in the days to come.

Jamieandthemag 12-29-2018 05:25 PM

A sad sad loss.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Nice to see a pic of the guy who helped me across the pond over the years. His reach was far and wide.

Alforno 12-29-2018 06:42 PM

Dear moderators can you please look into merging the couple of threads that are are at risk of diverging and diluting what is clearly a very meaningful and emotional topic to our community so that we can express our loss in one coherent thread for posterity. Many thanks.
François

ARwrench 12-29-2018 06:50 PM

Jim came to my house several times to buy some OEM parts from me and I gave him some books he said he didn't have in his library. He , Jaci and I would talk for hours about stuff, lovely couple. R.I.P. Jim I will miss you :angel:

brownie93 12-29-2018 08:05 PM

A very sad loss, my Jim rest in peace. Condolences to his family and friends. :(