Ciao
Greig

Some 750's
Some 101's
Some 105's
Some others
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 11:34 AM
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

Gordon is a SUPER Moderator Ken, but Greig is further away and has a excellent perspective.
Just yell MODERATOR HELP! and one will mysteriously appear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gordon Raymond
Illinois SNO Alfa Chapter Director
Illinois SNO Ferrari Chapter Director
and sometimes, CONFUSED AND INCORRECT, but Larry helps me out.
Now:
Illinois Chapter Director AND Charter Member of THE CONFUSED AND INCORRECT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 12:30 PM

That is so funny but also true. You guys do an awesome job!

1973 GT Jr.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 07:56 AM
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

Our total purpose is to help members and make the BB a friendly place for shared knowledge Alforno.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gordon Raymond
Illinois SNO Alfa Chapter Director
Illinois SNO Ferrari Chapter Director
and sometimes, CONFUSED AND INCORRECT, but Larry helps me out.
Now:
Illinois Chapter Director AND Charter Member of THE CONFUSED AND INCORRECT
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 07:34 AM

I was once asked many years ago by the widow of a contributor to Alfabb if she should delete all his contributions.
This brings up the thought that it may be something that could happen in this case and possibly in some other cases.
If some one starts a thread they could potentially delete all of it with every ones contributions deleted as well.
What are the moderators thoughts?
Regards Steve
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 10:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve105 View Post
If some one starts a thread they could potentially delete all of it with every ones contributions deleted as well.
I once looked at this a few years ago when I was moderator (in post-Mr. "O" times) in context of getting rid of spammers. Things may have changed since then from a technical perspective (and would have to be tested), but I believe Steve's notion is correct: Deleting all posts of a member probably would automatically delete whole threads they started (i.e. all replies to a thread they started would be deleted also). It is unclear to me if a member could to that by themselves, as a "delete all posts" option or an option to end a subscription and leave a vBulletin BB (the BB software AlfaBB is running on) never was available. Hence, deleting all posts probably would require the assistance of a Moderator, Super Moderator, or Admin -- or involve a lot of manual labor by the member (and/or the member's family) to delete posts individually and/or edit thread's started by the member by substituting the text with something like "deleted by user").

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]

Last edited by tubut; 07-19-2019 at 11:18 AM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 01:09 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
I was once asked many years ago by the widow of a contributor to Alfabb if she should delete all his contributions.
This brings up the thought that it may be something that could happen in this case and possibly in some other cases.
Regards Steve
It would be a terrible loss to for anyone to delete all of their posts.
Steve105 and BobG like this.

Brian __________________________________

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Regards Steve
I realize that this thread's focus has shifted to a topic that might be beyond the intent of the thread's initiator.

That said, it is just wrong to delete an individual's collection of posts that have been vetted, approved, and made public by moderators! It would be a further injustice to other members who posted to threads started by that individual.

No one is compelled to post to the BB. As others have pointed out in various threads, think before you post. And I add:
Your posts become part of your legacy.

1974 Spider
Work gets in the way of my hobbies. Nothing takes just 5 minutes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode