Cannot upload pictures - Page 6 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 12:53 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post
I wonder how many of us use Google Chrome as that is always being updated ... might be Chrome's fault.

Pete
I've tried Explorer and Chrome. Neither works.

Brad
'69 Series 1 GTV (105.51)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'78 Alfetta GT (Sprint Veloce)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 02:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSk View Post
I wonder how many of us use Google Chrome as that is always being updated ... might be Chrome's fault.

Pete
Nope. If you read through the thread, you'll see it was a server-side issue that required a server-side fix. The problem now seems to be that the last patch didn't stick.

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]
post #78 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 05:28 AM

So, what is the status?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #79 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 06:17 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Unhappy

Il nostro caro Zio,

Non abbiamo niente

Nix, nien, noop, nay and no...

Oklahoma SNO Alfa Chapter Director
'64/66 Giulia Spider finally back in the garage and painted
'75 Olandase Blu Alfetta Sedan 2.0 & '88 Red Milano Verde; both long gone and dearly missed
post #80 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 07:09 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I'd been able to upload just fine - now I cannot - and I think I see why: Advertisements keep firing a new update while I'm trying to upload. It eats the bandwidth needed and the load times out.
(This BBS really has a bad case of advertisement overload. Sometimes Chrome out-of-memory closes it, which means something rotten got loaded)

I tried several browsers... and a different internet connection.

50 years from now - how are we going to restore a "classic" microprocessor based modern car?? Alfas - 1980 Spider, 1987 Milano, 1976 Spider
post #81 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 11:30 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Garage
Hey guys,

Our techs are still working on sorting this out. Ticket 2700346. We'll keep you posted on this.

@bruce1976spider - is it ads interfering on the page itself (pop ups/video ads automatically playing) or you don't see them per se but the titles appear at the bottom left corner of your browser window like "waiting for xxxxxxx...." x being the script/ad loading on the page ?

Cheers,
Nate

If you need Admin support please post here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #82 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 12:24 PM

If one strikes the "paper clip" it opens to the window to Manage Attachments.. then click the box "choose file" usually from my file photos... Highlight the selected Photo on my files and Open ... which sends me back to the Manage ATTachments window and prints in fine print the name of the file photo. Then clip RED BOX--UPLOAD and the fine printed file disappears and a message says "no file chosen"... dead end from there.
post #83 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 12:47 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaBBAdmin View Post
Hey guys,

Our techs are still working on sorting this out. Ticket 2700346. We'll keep you posted on this.

@bruce1976spider - is it ads interfering on the page itself (pop ups/video ads automatically playing) or you don't see them per se but the titles appear at the bottom left corner of your browser window like "waiting for xxxxxxx...." x being the script/ad loading on the page ?

Cheers,
Nate
Thanks for getting back - "waiting for xxxx...." pops up in the lower left of the Manage Attachments window, followed immediately by a message the the file upload failed with upload errors up top.
Just tried here, and I got a percentage ticking up to 100%, then the typical message "Upload failed."

50 years from now - how are we going to restore a "classic" microprocessor based modern car?? Alfas - 1980 Spider, 1987 Milano, 1976 Spider
post #84 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 02:12 PM

The ads on this site are so intrusive, even on a modern computer with fresh updates and browser, that it discourages posting and now I avoid visiting this site if I can find an answer elsewhere. I've posted for years as have others, and I can't imagine I'm alone. This, coupled with difficulty in simple navigation and uploads, make for a bad stew. There have been other Alfa forums in the past and maybe another will take the place of the BB. I hope someone is reading - just get it fixed!

Rob
Alfas first, then everything else.
post #85 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

You can avoid the ads with certain levels of subscription. I don't see any.
spiderJohnNH likes this.

Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
76 Suzuki GT500
2011 Jaguar XKR

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. - P.J. O'Rourke
post #86 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 05:00 PM

I only have ads, non-intrusive, between the header "Home row and the list of Forums or my work space, in the gray area. Invest in a security system that screens them... But you will have some there. I had compalints from the Yahoo boys who thought this system was not friendly yo use... IT IS FAR SUPERIOR THAN THE YAHOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And I am a hack on a computer. No subscription here.

Last edited by divotandtralee; 09-27-2017 at 05:03 PM.
post #87 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 06:22 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
You can block most ad servers thru your router or by adding an mvps hosts file. There is a ton of info on the net on how to do this. The site below came up rather quickly in a random search.

Blocking Unwanted Connections with a Hosts File

They actually supply a file with the servers listed.

DISCLAIMER: Install/do at your own risk, etc, etc.

Brian __________________________________

post #88 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 07:27 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Garage
Are you guys seeing this error or something else:

^ I used tinypic to host this image to show you guys what I'm talking about. If you see something else if it doesn't say "File system directory is not writeable." Also using chrome on win 10 desktop - what are you guys using?

Techs are still looking into this - ticket 2700346.

Thanks,
Nate

If you need Admin support please post here:

post #89 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 07:38 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to spiderJohnNH Send a message via Skype™ to spiderJohnNH
testing with Chrome error console active.

Got this:
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
g-2095.xgi Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
606802-cannot-upload-pictures-6.html:1607 A Parser-blocking, cross site (i.e. different eTLD+1) script, http://as2.autoforums.com/ads/www/de...ictures-5.html, is invoked via document.write. The network request for this script MAY be blocked by the browser in this or a future page load due to poor network connectivity. If blocked in this page load, it will be confirmed in a subsequent console message.See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5718547946799104 for more details.
(anonymous) @ 606802-cannot-upload-pictures-6.html:1607
ajs.php Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
606802-cannot-upload-pictures-6.html:4849 Uncaught ReferenceError: NcodeImageResizer is not defined
at HTMLImageElement.onload (606802-cannot-upload-pictures-6.html:4849)
606802-cannot-upload-pictures-6.html:5016 A Parser-blocking, cross site (i.e. different eTLD+1) script, http://as2.autoforums.com/ads/www/de...ictures-5.html, is invoked via document.write. The network request for this script MAY be blocked by the browser in this or a future page load due to poor network connectivity. If blocked in this page load, it will be confirmed in a subsequent console message.See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5718547946799104 for more details.
(anonymous) @ 606802-cannot-upload-pictures-6.html:5016
ajs.php Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
2606802-cannot-upload-pictures-6.html:6833 A Parser-blocking, cross site (i.e. different eTLD+1) script, http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs.../jquery.min.js, is invoked via document.write. The network request for this script MAY be blocked by the browser in this or a future page load due to poor network connectivity. If blocked in this page load, it will be confirmed in a subsequent console message.See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5718547946799104 for more details.
(anonymous) @ 606802-cannot-upload-pictures-6.html:6833

John R
So. NH, USA --'87 Spider Veloce
See you along the road - member of AROC/AONE

other current members of the fleet

2017 VW Jetta Tsi
2006 Subaru Outback - almost a driveway requirement in VT & NH
2007 Toyota Corolla

previous
2009 VW Jett TDi (Deer took this one out)
1984 Mercedes 300TDT wagon, rust took that one
1972 Mercedes 280SE, got in straight swap for the Discovery
1996 Land Rover Discovery
1986 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon
1962 VW Bug - 6 volt
1974 Triumph Spitfire - wobbly driveshaft kept destroying stuff
1972 Triumph Spitfire - got totaled while parked at DMV

some others that were less interesting
post #90 of 121 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 07:54 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Says the same thing it did last time it did this. Upload of file failed in the upper left corner. Using at least a 10 year old Mac desktop that has been updated over the years.

1969 1750 Spider Veloce w/dual webers, 1969 1750 Berlina, 1971 1750 Spider Veloce w/ dual webers, 1985 Spider Veloce 23,000 orig. miles, {Two} 1986 Spider Veloces, 1987 Spider Veloce bought new, 1988 Quadrifoglio, 1991 164S, Plus several more. I think they are breeding.
I just got 2 more. Now I have a Matta. I must be crazy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode