New Site Upgrade and Look Feedback Thread - Page 14 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 115Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #196 of 489 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubut View Post
Here you go. The first picture is how the "Go Advanced -> Manage Attachments" window opens, the second one after manual resizing of the pop-up window. The difference to how this worked previously is that the pop-up window had no banner at the top and showed only the "Manage Attachments" contents inside the Content Wrapper.
10-4, on it.

Thanks!

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager/Admin
AutoGuide.com

If you need Admin support post here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #197 of 489 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubut View Post
Another bug in the new software is that, clicking the "Save" button after editing a post that has already been submitted results in an error where the images attached to the post are replaced by avatar images. One has to reload the page to get the attached images back.
I will look into this but we have seen this issue a lot and also avatars don't load for your post until you refresh. It is one of those recurring bugs that has been a pain to resolve.

BTW - thanks for the great eye and bug feedback

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager/Admin
AutoGuide.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #198 of 489 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 11:51 AM

Garage
I can't click on an embedded youtube video. I just get an address bar full of gibberish. Might not be related to the change...

1967 1600 Spider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #199 of 489 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG Jeff View Post
It is in the first post and been mentioned a few times in this thread.

Per the first post in this thread:

6) The side bar can be hidden in your user options.

Click on my profile / user cp at the top right.

- click on edit your details on the left.
- Look for Show Sidebar on Forum Pages under Additional Information.
- Click disable and save.

Jeff
Got it. Couldn't find it earlier. Thanks.
AG Jeff likes this.
post #200 of 489 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 12:26 PM

Formatting Issues

There are some bugs in the formatting which really should be corrected.

Indents

Indents are broken:
This text should be indented
Also, note that the vertical spacing is not correct.

Numbered Lists

Why do the numbers in numbered lists appear to left of the border?
  1. One
  2. Two
  3. Three

Bulleted lists format properly.
  • Looks
  • Better

Preview Post Display

In Preview Post mode both types of lists have their ids appearing to the left of the border.

Overall, the new design is fine, though it takes a while to get used to the rearrangement of the menus and their items.
AG Jeff likes this.

1974 Spider
Work gets in the way of my hobbies. Nothing takes just 5 minutes.
post #201 of 489 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG View Post
There are some bugs in the formatting which really should be corrected.

Indents

Indents are broken:
This text should be indented
Also, note that the vertical spacing is not correct.

Numbered Lists

Why do the numbers in numbered lists appear to left of the border?
  1. One
  2. Two
  3. Three

Bulleted lists format properly.
  • Looks
  • Better

Preview Post Display

In Preview Post mode both types of lists have their ids appearing to the left of the border.

Overall, the new design is fine, though it takes a while to get used to the rearrangement of the menus and their items.
Good catch,

Opening a ticket with creative to resolve this. I will update once I hear back.

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager/Admin
AutoGuide.com

post #202 of 489 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 01:47 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
Quote:
Link or screenshot, the more info the better.

Jeff
Post 13, 14 and 16 in this thread.

PS: and a LOT more since I advanced reviewing thjis form page 2 to 14 now.
AG Jeff likes this.

Anfanuts; Ph.A., B.S.A., U. of NOTASME
Now
- Spider Veloce, '69 US1750/4.56 LSD (
)(
) - since '75 for that early mid-life crisis!
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (
)(
) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

- for the heck of it now!!!
- Dijonaise- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (
) - for the 2017 Euro trip -

- "PF Ziggy" - 1991 ES-30 Sprint Zagato #550 - for pure hedonism now -

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (
) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog -

Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog -

Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog -

Dijonaise's 2017 6 week, 4400 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Dijonaise's 2019, 5 week, 3800 mile Euro Driving Trip blog -

Last edited by Anfanuts; 01-27-2015 at 02:38 PM. Reason: add ps
post #203 of 489 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
the edit process does not work correctly, the cursor showing up at the beginning of the message, andyou cannot move it elsewhere, just reverts to the membership priveldges page instead. Not sure I like the new format. Visually, it comes across to be less informative.

One thing I've noticed is that the edit process seems to have a problem with it. I click on a post that I want to edit, and while I can erase letters and add others, sometimes it just reverts to the membership privileges page instead of letting me enter spaces or commas, etc. Got pretty tired of that. Took me a few tries to discover that I at least could add or subtract letters.
Quote:
As I was trying to say in the previous post, the edit process does not work, as the cursor just shows up at the beginning of the message you are trying to edit. You cannot put the cursor anywhere else. If you try, the page reverts to the membership privileges page.
10-4, opening a ticket for the issues with edit post.

Quote:
And what is with the simplistic icons at the left side of the subject listings?
These are to give a quick graphical function of what each section represents.

Jeff
Anfanuts likes this.

Jeff
Community Manager/Admin
AutoGuide.com

post #204 of 489 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 02:16 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaVeloce View Post
Yes but it just throws you back on what I'll call the Enhanced Desktop View".

So the AlfaBB is now Slicker, faster, more modern, more blockish, more vanilla, and just like all those other BB's ... just like we always complain the new Alfas will be. Y'all may have just the thing here, after all.
Larry, I get the impression is is just for consistency with their other sites and products, and lowers costs with fewer platforms and tech support, but I wait to see if stated improvements are there to offset the feel. Yea, we are not an Avalon @Bill. In Legacy you can be an Alfa . . .
AG Jeff likes this.

Now
)(
)(
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56

Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black -
-

- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (
) -

Links

post #205 of 489 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 02:54 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Yea every day is change, the sun goes down and we get to deal with a new day the next day. That's good.

Except for he fact that this change was not telegraphed ahead of time and took all us old codgers by surprise and did not seek each one's personal approval , it's looking fine here. In presentations and roll-outs, I learned a simple formula for success: tell 'em what you are gonna tell 'em, tell 'em, and then tell 'em what you told 'em. Too often the ABB cognoscenti omitted the first part and payed heck afterwards. That continues. Your call.

Looks like you are working on a lot of small improvements. The garage addition is nice with the rolling owners cars scroll bar. Would be nice to be able to scroll through that but then everybody would be going along for the ride. Many other features (drag & drop) untested by me as of yet.

For me:
- Too much white space. My neck is sore reading across a large monitor like sitting at the first row at a tennis match or movie . I guess it needs the exercise.
- the text seems too light with too much bright white space to read effectively; many comments on this.
- seems like lots of wasted space in the gray bar to the left, the actions button bar, the pagination area, etc., causing your head and eyes to bob all around
- I hope you increased he size of .DOC and .XLS attachments. I have several useful checklists and tables folks have asked for and they cannot be attached, a much lower limit than pics

I do change well so am on the new and will make comments + & -. Thanks,
AG Jeff likes this.

Now
)(
)(

Gone-
-

) -

Links

Last edited by Anfanuts; 01-27-2015 at 04:56 PM.
post #206 of 489 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 03:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
10-4, opening a ticket for the issues with edit post.
Editing posts works fine for me in new look and legacy mode (both in Chrome and Firefox). This may be a javascript/browser issue.
AG Jeff likes this.

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]
post #207 of 489 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 04:37 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
- the text seems too light with too much bright white space to read effectively, many comments on this.
This is important for older eyes. Anyone over 45 is likely to have trouble seeing this light text clearly. I would think the majority of us fall into this category. We don't want to have to concentrate too much on trying to read it. It needs to be easy and relaxing to read.

Current Alfas
2010 159 ti 1750 TBI sedan (red).
2004 GT 3.2 V6 (Stromboli Grey).
2008 159 TI Sportwagon 2.4 JTDM (Stromboli Grey).
1987 75 3 litre (red). My first 75 and now my son's.
2000 156 2 litre Twin Spark, ( Cosmos Blu metallic), my daughter's car.
2000 156 Monza Twin Spark, (Cosmos Blue metallic), son’s girlfiend’s car.
1999 GTV 3 litre 24 valve V6, metallic black, (son’s new car).

Non Alfa
1988 Range Rover Classic Highline 3.9 V8

Past Alfas
1989 75 3 litre, written off by runaway van.
1990 75 3 litre Potenziata (black), now sold & living in Newcastle NSW.
1990 75 3 litre Potenziata (grey, sadly deceased due to fire).
1982 GTV 2 litre, red, (daughter's first Alfa)
2 x 1992 164s, (1 red, 1 grey).
2 x 1988 33s, (both red).
1985 GTV 2 litre, (white).
post #208 of 489 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 05:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz3litre View Post
This is important for older eyes. Anyone over 45 is likely to have trouble seeing this light text clearly. I would think the majority of us fall into this category. We don't want to have to concentrate too much on trying to read it. It needs to be easy and relaxing to read.
i agree with others here that the font is a bit thin, or fine, for contrast. Is it actually black, or dark grey? Could be a bit darker/heavier for readability.

1967 1600 Spider
post #209 of 489 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 09:52 PM

Is it just my perception or are you using the members to do your testing/QA? Seems like a lot of bugs being reported for what is supposedly a tested release.
Anfanuts likes this.

Alister
1973 105 GTV (Alfa #6 of 19 owned)
post #210 of 489 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 04:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
Larry, I get the impression is is just for consistency with their other sites and products, and lowers costs with fewer platforms and tech support...

Exactly what I said, Bruce, with different letters! The new site is built on a platform common with other brands, so it is a good match to the new Alfas. But I have legacy Alfas, so I am on the legacy BB. We're all good here. Something for everyone. (By the way, how's everything back home?)
AG Jeff likes this.

Larry and Belinda Smith
Emory, TX
Director, Alabama Branch, Scuderia Non Originale
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Help for the Confused and Incorrect since 2009
Legion President of The Confused and Incorrect

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode