A dumb video I made - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
A dumb video I made

Just a dumb little video I made for my friends detailing all the things wrong with my Alfa. I figured it might give someone on here a chuckle.

I may sound annoyed but I find this whole car endearing and Iím excited to get it going.

Hereís the link:https://youtu.be/U3qEIwKqyhI

1979 Spider Veloce, 1978 Mercedes Benz 230 (Euro Spec) [Sold] 1960 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 ďscenicoupeĒ [Sold]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Update: it turns out Iím just a dingus and didnít realise there were three positions on the light switch. Even the dash lights work (granted, theyíre a bit dim).

The only things that donít work are the air blower/heater and the stereo. Also thereís one running light with a burnt out bulb.

1979 Spider Veloce, 1978 Mercedes Benz 230 (Euro Spec) [Sold] 1960 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 ďscenicoupeĒ [Sold]
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 05:20 AM

Garage
Well give you about six months with it. If you don't tear it up, you'll be loving it. Careful, being a brute with those door handles, that heater control, that turn signal stalk can cost you a lot of money to replace. Treat her gently and she'll love you back.

......... Bud Feigel ........<Oo \*/ oO>....... Lexington, Kentucky ........
'82 RED GTV6 / 2.5 - '86 WHITE Spider Veloce 2000 - '71 GREEN GTV 1750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 07:57 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Old Alfas are a joy to those that enjoy tinkering

Here in the forums - SOMEWHERE - are the answers to all your questions... Including a replacement owner's manual.

I hope you don't mind getting greasy & fixing cars - otherwise you might want to find a new home for your pretty spider!!

50 years from now - how are we going to restore a "classic" microprocessor based modern car?? Alfas - 1980 Spider, 1987 Milano, 1976 Spider
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Italian View Post
Well give you about six months with it. If you don't tear it up, you'll be loving it. Careful, being a brute with those door handles, that heater control, that turn signal stalk can cost you a lot of money to replace. Treat her gently and she'll love you back.
I donít think I need 6 months. Iím already head over heels. Once I get that engine to run, Iíll be hooked permanently!

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce1976spider View Post
Old Alfas are a joy to those that enjoy tinkering

Here in the forums - SOMEWHERE - are the answers to all your questions... Including a replacement owner's manual.

I hope you don't mind getting greasy & fixing cars - otherwise you might want to find a new home for your pretty spider!!
My first car was a Ď60 Oldsmobile that came with half the engine in the trunk. It took me 6 or 7 months, but eventually I learned how to do a lot of things and got to drive it. That feeling of achievement when it finally started and drove around the block was one of the best things Iíve ever felt.

I have a love/hate relationship with old cars. Itís frustrating when you canít find a solution, but I like the challenge, and itís almost always satisfying when you finally fix something.

Idaho, where I live, is blessed with miles and miles of winding pine forest mountain roads, and I canít wait for the first top-down cruise.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode