Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa Brera Pics

165K views 1K replies 98 participants last post by  JoeIowa 
#1 · (Edited)
Don't know if this has already been posted elsewhere here, but the official photos of the Brera are out. Now if they would only make it RWD.

Autoweek: Alfa Brera Photos

See less See more
#4 ·
the brera prototype was atctualy release before the 147 from what i can recall, and im pretty sure it was a rwd setup because i remeber reading an article of a particular prototype Brera that one of the drivers from Top Gear had written, and he said that there was minimal tire tread left on the rear, mainly because of all the doughnuts that the lucky and somewhat crazy italian owner done in it, and it lifted off like a RWD car 2 :p eitherway, its certainly an eye catcher to say the least, however, its a little to sharp for my liking, id rather the TT 8C!

#5 ·
It's too bad that that production car will be using the Brera name. It isn't much like the prototype at all. It is a nice car, and I DO like it, but it ain't no Brera!! :mad:

#13 ·
Note that they are displaying a Giulietta SZ with it (isn't that what I see in the background of the first picture?). Not stupid to try to draw a comparison between the Brera and the SZ. I hope it is a good comparison.

That is what Alfa will have to do here if it wants to regain a foothold in the US. Make some really good cars that fit into a slightly-different market niche and HAMMER their storied-history and past successes in their marketing. The Giulietta (not the SZ, but the others) was less expensive than a Porsche, Jaguar or Corvette but more refined and sporting than a MG--sort of a pseudo-exotic. That's what got them going here in the '50s and '60s.

Maybe Alfa can convince the US market to forget Alfa's past failures and focus on its successes. Of course, they'll have to back it up with some really good cars. Otherwise, they'll never have much more than a cult following here (assuming, of course, they really do come back).

#20 ·
2006 η Spider
http://speed.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/1008096d.jpg

Alfa Lifts The Lid On Brera

Fresh from wowing crowds at the Geneva Motor Show with its stylish Brera coupι, Alfa Romeo is to produce another stunner - the Brera Spider.

An inside source at the Italian firm has confirmed that the drop-top will make its world debut at the Frankfurt expo in September. As the Brera was designed from the outset to be a convertible and a coupι, the Spider has a flat rear deck to house the fabric hood, yet retains its seductive styling.

Wide wheelarches and virtually flush bumpers contribute to the sleek lines, while the bold grille and triple headlamps complete the look. Even with the roof raised, it stays faithful to the Alfa Romeo style. Underneath sits a platform shared with the new 157, but smaller overhangs mean the Spider is shorter than the saloon. Both two and four-wheel-drive layouts are possible, with the most powerful versions getting the latter option for maximum grip.

As with the coupι, the Spider comes with a choice of powerful engines. The range-topping 3.2-litre V6 develops 260bhp, while a four-cylinder 2.2-litre JTS unit provides a healthy 185bhp. It's also likely that Alfa will be one of the few manufacturers to produce a diesel convertible, as the excellent 2.4-litre JTD oil-burner has the strength and refinement to suit top-down motoring.

The Spider is expected to hit British dealers in early 2006, within months of the coupι variant going on sale.

#26 ·
Conflicting Reports

Sakiss,

I have heard this as well but the newly hired Alfa Romeo CEO claims the following which was taken from Automotive News (3/7/05):

New Alfa Romeo CEO Karl-Heinz Kalbfell confirmed the Italian sports car brand is planning to return to the US, but declined to set a clear date.

“North America is a must for a brand like Alfa Romeo, but the date of our return now is just hypothetical,” Kalbfell said in an interview at the Geneva auto show.

Just trying to figure it all out. Your insight is much appreciated.

Prego

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.