Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Need help identifying an Alfa Romeo

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Jmorgan22201 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I am new to this forum, mostly because I do not actually own an Alfa(I have a '75 Triumph TR6!), but may end up owning soon.

I am in the process of purchasing a house with a barn/garage, and planted in garage bay two is this Alfa. I didn't get a chance to get more info on it yet, the owner is elderly and not sure of what it is.

I've researched it a bit and looks like maybe a '71?

Sorry the pics aren't great, was in a rush. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Damon

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Looks like a 1972 - 1974 2 liter spider.

Snap an underhood photo (hood release lever under the dash, to the left) and post that as well. It will be interesting to see whether it still has its Spica mechanical fuel injection system; many Alfas from this era were converted to carburetors.

Too bad about the speaker holes cut into the interior door panels.

#9 ·
The rear bumpers look exactly like my '71 Spider, as do the both the front and rear side markers. The only thing that looks different is that my rear bumper has two small lights on the top of the bumper at the rear license plate. They're like little polygon 'bumps' with a frosted lens pointing up and at the license plate. I remember when I was restoring the car they were hella expensive from Re-Originals, I think.

#12 · (Edited)
This is a '72. 73/74 would have those attractive black overriders on the front and rear bumpers. This could be either a 1750 or 2000 depending on the production month. I agree that the speakers in the door cards are a wreck. The good news is that the door cards and covering can be easily sourced and replaced. Overall the interior doesn't look too bad. Glove box doors can be found, gauges look pretty clean and all of the bits are there (including the locks for the windows). Good winter project. If it still has the SPICA injection- keep it! A little more complex than Zeniths on a TR-6 but fun to work on once you understand the fundamentals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.