Kudos for Papajam! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 43Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 10:23 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Thank you Jim for being so generous and gracious with your time helping all of us Alfa nuts. I know personally Jim has helped me on many occasions. Your devotion, dedication and kindness surely do not go un-noticed and this BB would not be the same with out you. You rock Jim! I think Jim needs a "Dr." before "Papa Jam". He truly prescribes the medicine for our Alfa sickness

-56" Giulietta Spider Veloce (Sebring 1st in Class 1957).
-57" Giulietta Spider (Period SCCA race car)
-58" Giulietta Spider Veloce (FIVA/HVA winner, fully documented historically preserved, original surivor SCCA race car)
-67" GTA 1600 Corsa Autodelta Ex-Works/Monzeglio Squadra Corse. (1st CL Spa 12 Hr 67", Trento Bondone 68", Targa Florio 71")
-67" GTA 1600 Corsa Autodelta Ex-Works Prototipo (All original).
-69" GTAm
-69" GTV
-71" Montreal
-73" 2000 GTV (In the family 44 years & counting)
-75" Alfetta GT (Rally/Street)
-75" Alfetta GT (Race Car)
-75" Alfetta 'Berlina' Sedan (Rally/Street)
-15" 4C LE (Earliest LE in US).
-17" Giulia QV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 02:45 AM

Papajam is the man, helps everyone and asks for nothing in return, how often you meet a man like this? He sent me a manual for my Spider a few years ago that had the U.S and euro versions for spider and GTV, I was very impressed when I got it, it looked professionally done.

And hooray for Osso, your work on your car has been an inspiration to me. Every time I wanted to do a half a$$ed job and hurry to complete my car, i would stop and visit your web page to be inspired again to take my time and restore it to your standards or try to. You have helped me more then you know.

OK, I'll stop talking now!

Thanks for help (this isn't the end, I am sure I'm going to need your help again).

Rich
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Trained (ex)Professional

1953-2018 RIP

Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Thank you all for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
...got 1 question tho..what do you use for a program for doing this?.....id LOVE to translate out a few wireing diagrams for my own projects...
I use a 2D drawing program called Visio 2000 although the current version is Visio 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
any plans for doing gtv6 or milano?
The 81 GTV6 lighting diagram page is finished and the utility portion is in progress. Nothing yet for the Milano.

Jim

Series 2 USA 1750 GTV (in Series 1 European clothing)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-06-2016, 03:29 AM

looks amazing
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2016, 11:24 PM
Gold Subscriber

Thumbs up What more may be said?

Hey Gang!

While there is no way I can productively add to the accolades showered upon Papajam in this thread (and thanks for all your personal assistance, amigo!) I don't believe too many of us fully appreciate the challenges he has faced while putting together all those logically constructed schematics.

Anyone who has access to the factory manuals can attest to the fact that the schematics provided therein have got to be the most difficult to follow and down-right confusing electrical drawings ever generated on this side of the galaxy. How Jim managed to maintain his sanity while doing an Italian/English translation is indeed a mystery!

On behalf of all Alfisti who have used your masterful efforts to unravel electrical problems of the Alfa Romeo flavor, muchas gracias!
ossodiseppia and jantar like this.

Steve Waclo Carson City, NV; '87 Spider QV, ES Champion, 2018 Reno SCCA (125k);'93 Honda Nighthawk 750 (105k);'03 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Turbo Diesel (155k);'08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE, 6sp (125k)
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016, 03:18 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Papajam!

I had the privilege of speaking with Jim quite often last summer during the time he was convalescing before he returned to full-time work. He was so helpful and answered so many questions; you would have thought I was one of his best friends.

Two weeks ago I was locked in a death struggle with a drive shaft and I called Jim for advice and he took the time to walk me through the ordeal just before his bedtime.

He has proven to have the heart of a servant in a day when most people are anything but humble and helpful.

Thank you, Jim; I promise to call earlier, next time!

Ray
HeavyMetalAlfa likes this.

Oklahoma SNO Alfa Chapter Director
'64/66 Giulia Spider finally back in the garage and painted
'75 Olandase Blu Alfetta Sedan 2.0 & '88 Red Milano Verde; both long gone and dearly missed
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 07:10 AM
Gold Subscriber

Ossodiseppia started this thread well over a decade ago and I thought I’d reiterate how Papajam keeps on giving such is the graciousness of this man.

I recently reached out as a newbie and quickly received literature from Papajam including one of his renowned electrical diagrams for an early 105 Giulia Sprint GTV.

Truly, what a gem of a bloke! Kind natured expert Alfista who humbly continues to extend his help across continents as Alex Csank noted earlier in this thread. On this occasion to a new guy from down under in Oz.

I feel very fortunate and have benefited from making contact with this guru. Here here, Kudos to Papajam and many thanks to this admirable man.

ghnl, james2000 and spiderJohnNH like this.

Last edited by paladin105; 12-26-2018 at 07:12 AM. Reason: spelling
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 10:42 AM
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

There is MORE to the story. Jim has Alfa research documents going back who knows how far, can and has, solved MANY Alfa mysteries for me and other BB members with his research.
How many know there are 2 cast aluminum 750 Veloce sumps, and the late one is 3 mm shallower than the early one? Both have the SAME casting numbers, but appear with different part numbers! Fortunately only ONE 101 casting number sump! Some of my customers went through considerable back-and-forth with me with photo's and discussion before Jim solved this one!
There is so much more Jim has taught me (and others) over the years that just a "THANKS!" is totally inadequate. His passion is contagious!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gordon Raymond
Illinois SNO Alfa Chapter Director
Illinois SNO Ferrari Chapter Director
and sometimes, CONFUSED AND INCORRECT, but Larry helps me out.
Now:
Illinois Chapter Director AND Charter Member of THE CONFUSED AND INCORRECT
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 11:37 AM
Trained (ex)Professional

1953-2018 RIP

Thanks all.
Just trying to perpetuate the information, knowledge and the spirit to share it.

Jim

Series 2 USA 1750 GTV (in Series 1 European clothing)
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 08:31 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to bshorey Send a message via MSN to bshorey Send a message via Yahoo to bshorey
Now there's a modest response.

Jim, you're a treasure!

bs
goats likes this.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 11:42 AM

Garage
He has touched the lives of many, what a nice tribute!

The older I get.. the faster I was....
Tom
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 11:39 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Although we never met in person, he treated me like an old friend. Supplied wiring diagrams and freely shared knowledge. He even introduced me to some sellers when I was searching for my car. Legacy is how your actions affect others after you are gone. We should all give him a kind thought every time we unroll one of those beautiful diagrams of his.
ghnl and Alfaboutvegas like this.

Nick S.

1974 Spider
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alforno View Post
Dear moderators can you please look into merging the couple of threads that are are at risk of diverging and diluting what is clearly a very meaningful and emotional topic to our community so that we can express our loss in one coherent thread for posterity. Many thanks.
François
Yes, we will do this, shortly. I have to relearn all of this kind of thing. So, for now, I will close this thread and at some point merge the newer posts with the one below:

https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alf...a-papajam.html
Alfaboutvegas likes this.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode