Papajams car Stolen!!!! - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Admin
Administrator

Papajams car Stolen!!!!

I'm not sure how many of you out there have been following BB member Jim (papajam) thread about his 1969 Euro 1750 GTV. But the bad news is that it has been stolen from the shop that was working on it. You have to read in to around page 10 or 11 to where the theft is reported.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=13646

I wanted to make as many members and site visitors aware so we can all keep an eye out for the car. I'm sure it’s just a matter of time before she pops up somewhere. There are more details (vin & body style) in the original thread (first link) but I felt compelled to post this since not too many folks are aware of what happened and what to keep an eye out for.

Simon Mestas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 06:02 PM

That's terrible. I hope the car pops up and the scum who stole it are caught. And when they are, break all their fingers.

'74 GTV 2000 - gone but not forgotten
'70 1750 Berlina - Project
post #3 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo105 View Post
That's terrible. I hope the car pops up and the scum who stole it are caught. And when they are, break all their fingers.

I say SLOWLY lower them into a wood chipper...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo105 View Post
Unfortunately, this is not Iran or any of those countries where they would actually do that, but I agree, something must be done.

Does anyone have detailed pictures of the trailer AND the car in its last seen condition? Has anyone informed the police yet? Has anyone checked ebay?

'69 1750 GTV - XC70 Q4
'88 Spider Veloce
post #5 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 06:47 PM

Papajams Car Stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by elite38868 View Post

Does anyone have detailed pictures of the trailer AND the car in its last seen condition? Has anyone informed the police yet? Has anyone checked ebay?
Ditto, I scanned the posted thread, but the specifics of what is being looked for with plate numbers, I.D. numbers and pictures would be very helpful.

With as many people as there are on the bb worldwide, if any one could find it, I'd think it would be these bb members. The problem is we don't know if the thieves actually know what they have or how many people are looking for it, which might make them go under for a while or they may want to unload it quickly. Kind of like the time the transport company dropped a loading ramp through the windshield of our 2600; Pat knew about it within 2 hours of it happening through Alfa friends that knew they were calling around looking for a windshield. Boy, was the transport company surprised when he called them and asked if they'd found a windshield for "his" car. I suspect we can be as successful in this case with everyone aware of what has happened. Wouldn't it be "sweet" justice to have the police nab them with stolen property in tow.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)
post #6 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 07:03 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
You can read about it in the post below. There is information about the trailer and the car near the end of the post. I think it's on page 11.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=13646

It is indeed a sad situation. Papajam and Jaci (his wife) are torn up over this. Papa got the car to restore and give to his wife for their anniversary. The finacial and emotional loss is great.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 07:25 PM

Here is the link to the actual post that has the details of what was stolen: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/show...&postcount=165

Let's keep our eyes open and share every piece of information, even if only remotely suspicious.

Best regards,

Enrique
[SIZE="1"]Spider 74, 84 & 87
Milano 88 Verde
164 91S, 93L & 95Q[/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][I][COLOR="Green"]Member of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club USA[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]
[B][FONT="Verdana"][RIGHT]DARKSIDE MEMBER[/RIGHT][/FONT][/B]
post #8 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 07:31 PM

Well, if that is the thread that Simon posted, it was hard to search through. Maybe someone could post it on here; I think it would be more appropriate.

'69 1750 GTV - XC70 Q4
'88 Spider Veloce
post #9 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 09:57 PM

Papajam's Car Stolen!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunige View Post
Here is the link to the actual post that has the details of what was stolen: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/show...&postcount=165

Let's keep our eyes open and share every piece of information, even if only remotely suspicious.

Best regards,
Thanks, Enrique; that makes it much clearer and saves the scrolling through the posts for the information.

It's not clear to me reading Daron's description, if the thieves or scammers were actually after the trailer for nothing as far as it being stolen and being an insurance claim to get money, if they actually wanted the trailer, or if there were three parties involved the scammers, a buyer that actually wanted the trailer, and Daron and Papajam the victims. I would think if it were just an outright scam for the money through insurance fraud that the trailer and contents might be found abandoned. However, I would have thought that might have happened pretty quickly after the theft, but based on the time frame presented it appears to have been 10 days plus, which would indicate it's either well hidden if abandoned or it will appear on e-bay or somewhere else for sale depending on how "bright" the thieves are.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)
post #10 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 12:11 AM

There's simply no way they can get away with this. Sooner or later Jim's car is going to be spotted. The simple fact is that it only has genuine value to people like us - and at the end of the day we're a small and tight knit community - a village, if you will. And we'll look after each other in any way we can.

Jim - you must be seething. Any insurance claim cannot possibly reflect the time and effort that went into finding the car, or will go into finding a replacement; moreso when it's on the critical path for delivering a very special gift to someone you care about.

If there's anything I can do from the UK please let me know.

G
post #11 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:03 AM

I have my eyes Everywhere. I look in every US Craigslist city on a daily basis for anything Alfa and many other sites as well. I will keep my eyes open.

I BUY ALFAS email me
. Current 03 156 2.5, 92 164L 19k, Lexus LS 600HL , LX 570 and 2010 E63 AMG Weistec supercharged. My sig is all over the board now.
post #12 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 02:27 AM

Here's hoping it surfaces soon. Good luck.
post #13 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 03:01 AM

It would be a good thing to check the local car scrap yards too. It is quite possible that the theif just saw it as a torn up shell in the trailer and got rid of it as soon as possible.

Tim Annett
Cincinnati
post #14 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 03:46 AM

Wrecking yards in WA wont take even a shell without a title, so that route is very unikely.
post #15 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 05:23 AM

Jim,

I'm sorry about the theft of your car. Hopefully it'll be recovered soon, with minimal or no damage. Good luck mate,

David

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode