Steering wheel removal w/pix
There was a thread with steering wheel removal and photos that have disappeared. Today I removed the thin wood wheel from my Berlina to replace with the fatter spider wood wheel. When i removed the wheel, Ifound it was actually a simulation plastic, no wonder I never liked it. Attached are phots with the puller installed and the puller and bolts seperately.
When removing the wheel:
1) Remove the hub cover, has three plastic tynes that snap out, carfull, you don't want to snap them
2) pull the rubber plug out of the stater tube, the horn wire runs through the plug (disconnect the battery first) then disconnect the wire from through tube from the wire from the wheel.
3) Remove the securing nut (27mm) and remove the washer underneath
4) reinstall the nut, don't tighten, just to level with the end of the tube, there now will be a small gap between the nut and the wheel.
5) I've made a threaded rod with nuts, and one end shaped to fit in the tube, resting on the securing nut, if you don't have the nut there, you split/bend the tube, very bad.
6) The bolts that go into the steering wheel are metric and need to be run deeply into the wheel, heavy washers on the puller head.
7) You'l feel everything "move" when the wheel brakes free, then stop, remove the puller and jiggle the wheel off.
84 Spider Veloce
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
solve problems, learn something new!