A Poll for the Future of Alfa Romeo - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
View Poll Results: If Alfa is to be a slightly-tweaked version of something else what should it be?
1) A rebadged Fiat (An Italian econobox with too much horsepower for the chassis.) 12 21.82%
2) A rebadged Chrysler (An American lead sled with undersized brakes.) 2 3.64%
3) A rebadged Audi (A nose-heavy isolation chamber for the heavily-indebted upwardly mobile.) 4 7.27%
4) A rebadged VW (German luxury built to an Eastern European price point.) 2 3.64%
5) A rebadged Mazda (‘Zoom-Zoom’ and ‘SkyActiv’ for the Millennial generation) 15 27.27%
6) A rebadged nothing (“Close her down. The dream died a generation ago.”) 20 36.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 07:35 PM

Mazda Romeo does nothing for me...Alfa is an Italian car...I don't want it diluted with Zoom-zoom...This could only be interpreted as a down-market move...I mean sharing technologies for one product is no big deal in my mind, but a long term marriage is a recipe for a slow and painful divorce...Dino

1964 Giulia Sprint GT 1991 164 S President New York Alfa Romeo Owners Club
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Co-Chairman Alfamiglia Nordest 2015 www.alfa2015.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-02-2012, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

More on the Alfa-Mazda marriage:

Will An Equity Stake Give Fiat And Alfa Romeo Access To Mazda Skyactiv Technology? | The Truth About Cars

Most of the non-Alfisti posting there seem to favor the tie-up with some debate on whether Skyactiv or Multiair is the better technology.
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 11:35 AM

That article and the comments make me sad but are truthfull. We need Alfa to make an affordale, soul stirring, non cookie cutter, within the confines of platform sharing, statement. Be it a sedan or coupe. They need to stand out not fit in.

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'87 quad, '85 FJ1200,'86 FJ1200 '95 ford explorer, '00 V8 ford explorer, '04 yukon xl
post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 05:08 AM

Garage
the article writer seems not to know much about current Alfa and their tehcnology or anything else, the Mazda "skyactive" isnt that advanced after all..... its just everyones lips at the moment because its fine word

-Antti: --ex Alfas:155 2.0 8V '92,155 2.0 16V '96,156 V6 '98,156 V6 '02
http://carpix.1g.fi/kuvat/carpix/
post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 11:36 AM

His internet babble should really be called "My Opinions About Cars", so here's my opinion about him.

Bashing Marchionne and talking down Alfa Romeo seems to be what all the cool kids do these days, so it's hardly a surprise that a frothing loudmouth who appears to think Alfa haven't made any new models since 1979 (or thereabouts) do the same. Ignorance is the cousin of indifference.

If he hadn't stood out as an also-ran dime-a-dozen ranting pundit with tenacious opinions, I'd be tempted to ask what's in it for him. Sounds like he either shorted Fiat SpA stock or is simply angry with everything. You'll find guys like him on every car forum across the globe, albeit with much poorer spelling and punctuation.
post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 06:43 PM

They could make a Cadillac ATS with a better manual gearbox and I'd love it.

It is a fierce, piercing shade of yellow, aglow with passion and defiance,
vibrating with the energy of a thousand suns, of thunder at dawn.

Pete
Have - 93 Spider Veloce (2006)
Had - 86 GTV-6 (1987-2006)
post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 07:49 PM

That was a pitcher's worth of ice water splashed right across our collective faces. Sobering. All of it seems reasonable, too, esp. the "virtually everything in flux" summation.

Sounds like two year's worth of 4C's being sold (at $80K given current exchange rates? - wonderful) is the great white hope for Alfa, now. And then let's pray some political, environmental, corporate or financial seismic event doesn't derail the '15 roadster debut for.. wait for it.. "another two years". Of course, then everything would kinda feel right with the world once again.

Me? I have a date next week (regardé only) with FIAT's "Motor Village" (don't ask - I have no idea *** that means) showroom on the Champs-Élysées. With Jeeps thrown in, apparently. I did see one Chrysler 300 on the streets of Paris after 4 days.

What, Sergio worry?

-Frank, in SF, CA (ex-GrisCo grunt)
'73 Berlina/SPICA (RIP), '65 Giulia Sprint GT, '74 Spider/SPICA, '93 164L (from new)
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

News from Fiat on Alfa

"To help reverse this trend, the new architecture is expected to underpin at least four new Alfa models: the Giulia mid-sized sedan and wagon, a large flagship sedan and a mid-sized SUV. The first of these vehicles is due to debut in Europe in late 2015 or early 2016."

"Alfa said the plan is "top secret" and refused to comment on individual models."

Read more at Automotive News: Marchionne promises reworked plan for Alfa, entire Fiat Group

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode