"sno"? - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 11:15 AM

Hey if I wanted to conform, I would drive the same kind of car as everybody else does, right?

Oh, that's right I do drive the same kinds of cars you all do.....

[I]"It's the best in class by default, because it's the only thing in its class." [/I]
~Richard Hammond on the Alfa 4C

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Gordy Hyde[/FONT][/B][/I]
AROC-USA Secretary
Home chapter - NWARC
1971 Junior Zagato 1750 (1800605)
1974 Spider 2000 Iniezione (no carbs)

Last edited by Nicola; 09-03-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Gold Subscriber

Sno

Back to the thread:

Gary--outstanding job on the site. +++:

Some changes since last year:

AlfaR7 cylinder head with special cams, Close-ratio gear box with the tall fifth gear, 4.11 LSD with carbon-fiber coated clutch plates, 1-inch sway bar and Koni Classic Red dampers. Soft rev limiter set at 6500.

Alloy replica SZ wheels with Vred Classic Sprint tires.

Bob,
Avatar is the 68 Super, bought new.
post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 09:30 AM

"sno"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowmileage View Post
like what for instance?
Send me an e-mail or e-mail address if you want the above answered...

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Braden View Post
I don't remember seeing any females included on what I've seen.
Whoa! Look what happens when I don't monitor the BB for a few weeks.

Ms. B, I've never thought you one to criticize without first knowing whereof you speak. Where did this complaint come from?

SNO members are those who ask to join and who agree to our rules, which basically say that we like Italian cars and don't judge what owners do to them. We're pretty hardcore rebels that way, refusing to insist on the originality of someone else's car.

As the membership list shows, we do have women on the membership list: http://www.gwandrw.com/sno-membership-list/. More are welcome if they will but ask, as the men have done.

You'll also note that we are endorsed by my Granddaughter, who though she is not yet two, already has an affection for Italian cars: http://www.gwandrw.com/sno-stickers-...-how-to-getem/

I hope this explanation is enough to encourage you to consider joining SNO yourself.

Gary Williams
Many Alfas. All gone, but none forgotten

Last edited by Gary Williams; 06-03-2015 at 05:45 PM.
post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtle View Post
Back to the thread:

Gary--outstanding job on the site. +++:

Some changes since last year:

AlfaR7 cylinder head with special cams, Close-ratio gear box with the tall fifth gear, 4.11 LSD with carbon-fiber coated clutch plates, 1-inch sway bar and Koni Classic Red dampers. Soft rev limiter set at 6500.

Alloy replica SZ wheels with Vred Classic Sprint tires.
Thanks Bob. I've got a lot of new photos to add and some new art. I'll update your info, too.

Gary Williams
post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 05:40 PM

Updating old SNO link

Quote:
Originally Posted by slam105 View Post
Thanks for the 'link'.

Regards.
This link is accurate as of June 3, 2015:
Scuderia Non Originale ? | The Williams Family ... Now and Then

Gary Williams
post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I'm DAZED & CONFUSED! I have both "SNO" ALfas as well as Original Alfas. I'm a Libra. Can't wait to see the reaction of the GTV-6's that will be there?
Is there a STICKER, T-Shirt. I can obtain from the organization to express my affiliation? I'd love to get 3 PLEASE!!!!!! Write me Gary! Looked at the site, but no stuff?

AlfasRule!

1972 Montreal (The Pumpkin)
1975 Alfetta Sedan
1975 Alfetta Coupe Race Car
1982 Spider
1984 GTV-6
1984 GTV-6 Verde (GiGi)
1987 Milano (Da NEW Winta Beata)
1987 Milano Verde(Da kREDden Mobile)

Last edited by alfasrule; 06-03-2015 at 07:39 PM.
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 08:52 PM

"SNO"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Williams View Post
Whoa! Look what happens when I don't monitor the BB for a few weeks.

Ms. B, I've never thought you one to criticize without first knowing whereof you speak. Where did this complaint come from?

SNO members are those who ask to join and who agree to our rules, which basically say that we like Italian cars and don't judge what owners do to them. We're pretty hardcore rebels that way, refusing to insist on the originality of someone else's car.

As the membership list shows, we do have women on the membership list: Scuderia Non Originale (SNO) Membership List | The Williams Family ... Now and Then. More are welcome if they will but ask, as the men have done.

You'll also note that we are endorsed by my Granddaughter, who though she is not yet two, already has an affection for Italian cars: Scuderia Non Originale (SNO) Stickers & Badges ? How to Get?em | The Williams Family ... Now and Then

I hope this explanation is enough to encourage you to consider joining SNO yourself.
Geez, Gary,

When I looked 6 years ago, I either didn't see any females or they had names that were not recognizable as generally female. I kind of remember going and looking at a list somewhere.

Considering my 73 Berlina is not stock with its incomplete Weber conversion and truly specialized to make it fit, plus the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Bumper Sticker that certainly was not manufacturer installed, certainly makes it non-orginale.

I did have thoughts of applying as the Director of the Pat Braden non-originale Alfa Library.

I wasn't complaining, simply, stating what I had noticed, believe me you'll know when I'm complaining and expect immediate action -- there are a few here on the bb who can testify to that.

Cheryl
(Not an authority nor SME on anything, just PATSYF)
post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 09:11 AM

Hi Alfasrule. Here's the link for SNO stickers; that's all we have for now: Scuderia Non Originale (SNO) Stickers & Badges ? How to Get?em | The Williams Family ... Now and Then

What I need from you to join is an email to sno at gwandrw dot com that contains your real name and where you live. I'll then send you my Paypal info if you want stickers.

Greetings Cheryl. I did not mean to remind you of an old misunderstanding. I saw this ancient thread last night and decided to update the SNO links because I revised the SNO web pages a year ago. The links are all I added last night; no commentary.

Women have always been part of SNO and have been on our membership list from the very first year of our existence, which was 2006, three years before this thread was begun. All anyone, male or female, needs to do is ask via email -- and let me know they agree to the rules on the web page. We will happily welcome you as a member.

Gary Williams
post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 09:58 PM

Garage
Seems the most apt thread to put this in?

I've always liked early Alfa's and used to have a few, but the classics have gone to crazy pricing.
An utterly project Giulia is now over $10K!
I know where to find one, but not the time and lump sum money for it.

So I'm musing that I've got a beat up round-tail Triumph Spitfire Mk. III with title, and a complete 2.0 Alfa Romeo drive-train on webers.
The Spitfire body IS by Michelotti and pretty light.
Thinking this could be fun in a no it's NOT another "I wanna' be a Cobra clone" sort of way.
Adequate power and lots of the right sort of mechanical noise without being too overpowered.

I have a complete Spitfire drive-train with overdrive and GT-6 brakes for an upgrade so of course that would be the simple route to go, giving me two mostly stock Spitfires.
No longer enjoy "Stock" so much as it's become an expensive PITA for upkeep.

I once wanted to put these Alfa bits into a Bug-Eye Sprite with a Kellison front end.
Time seems to have nixed that idea as a Bug-Eye shell is no longer cheap and Kellison front ends are now made of Unicorn horn.

I'm already working on my Trick-6, Spitfire 1500 (Probably for sale in the spring), a '68 El Camino, and '74 Alfa Spider when not keeping the Land Rover Classic running.
So I know I need another project like a hole in the head!
But this keeps calling to me, I find myself checking CL looking for useful parts.

Thinking to keep just enough of the original chassis to retain the title and put the skins on a space frame structure.
Gut it like a race car for a true roadster, it would be very light.

Thoughts?
Alex Csank likes this.

Twin-Cam Hemi, Webers, Headers, Overdrive, Disc brakes, and no emissions equipment to spoil it all. These are gonna be FUN rides!
post #41 of 60 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 11:34 PM

Garage
The movers left a shovel in the barn. So... I could help dig up more old threads, but that'd be too much like work! (L0L)

Larry and Belinda Smith
Emory, TX
Director, Alabama Branch, Scuderia Non Originale
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Help for the Confused and Incorrect since 2009
Legion President of The Confused and Incorrect
post #42 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 11:24 AM
Platinum SubscriberSuper Moderator

Happy New Year!

Always remember..... We STILL make much smoke and noise.......
Attached Images

Gary Williams likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gordon Raymond
Illinois SNO Alfa Chapter Director
Illinois SNO Ferrari Chapter Director
and sometimes, CONFUSED AND INCORRECT, but Larry helps me out.
Now:
Illinois Chapter Director AND Charter Member of THE CONFUSED AND INCORRECT
post #43 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 07:51 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard/SIA View Post
Seems the most apt thread to put this in?

I've always liked early Alfa's and used to have a few, but the classics have gone to crazy pricing.
An utterly project Giulia is now over $10K!
I know where to find one, but not the time and lump sum money for it.

So I'm musing that I've got a beat up round-tail Triumph Spitfire Mk. III with title, and a complete 2.0 Alfa Romeo drive-train on webers.
The Spitfire body IS by Michelotti and pretty light.
Thinking this could be fun in a no it's NOT another "I wanna' be a Cobra clone" sort of way.
Adequate power and lots of the right sort of mechanical noise without being too overpowered.

I have a complete Spitfire drive-train with overdrive and GT-6 brakes for an upgrade so of course that would be the simple route to go, giving me two mostly stock Spitfires.
No longer enjoy "Stock" so much as it's become an expensive PITA for upkeep.

I once wanted to put these Alfa bits into a Bug-Eye Sprite with a Kellison front end.
Time seems to have nixed that idea as a Bug-Eye shell is no longer cheap and Kellison front ends are now made of Unicorn horn.

I'm already working on my Trick-6, Spitfire 1500 (Probably for sale in the spring), a '68 El Camino, and '74 Alfa Spider when not keeping the Land Rover Classic running.
So I know I need another project like a hole in the head!
But this keeps calling to me, I find myself checking CL looking for useful parts.

Thinking to keep just enough of the original chassis to retain the title and put the skins on a space frame structure.
Gut it like a race car for a true roadster, it would be very light.

Thoughts?
I have access to a few old Ford Model A cars. I have had this crazy idea about building a hot rod using the Model A body and frame equipped with a suspension and drive-train from either an old rusty Spider, or perhaps a similarly rusty and scrapped GTV6. Either engine would provide plenty of power for a hot-rod used for cruising and shows, and the suspension and brakes would make the car handle MUCH better than most other similar builds using American guts.

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
post #44 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 11:04 AM

I have this rusty old Humber Super Snipe, I bought while on a (snipe) hunt years ago. I'm thinking of putting a supercharged Alfa twin spark engine in it but am worried about the tranny's ability to handle all that power. Do you think I could mate it to a Tremec 5-spd, maybe with a Chevy pickup rear end? The plan is to drive the finished car down to Tijuana for a traditional 1950's tuck n'roll upholstery job, using shiny vinyl like you'd find in a really cool old railroad car diner from the period. Not sure of the body color yet. Flat black is sounding rat rodish, but that feels almost like a mixed metaphor, given the 1950's theme interior. What do you think, Alex?
Alex Csank and horsewidower like this.

Gary Williams
post #45 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Gold Subscriber

What year is your Super Snipe?

Bob,
Avatar is the 68 Super, bought new.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode