Goodbye Everyone!!!!! - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Goodbye Everyone!!!!!

I have finally had it with people on this BB, members of AROO, and the AROC. This is my final post here EVER!! If people want to contact me directly, they can at [email protected].

I simply have had enouth of the personal attacks from various a-holes; from the BS over AROO and the convention, and from 30 years of fighting with AROC, who still owes me about $2500 for stories I wrote a long time ago for the Alfa Owner, and NEVER GOT PAID FOR!

I WILL be checking in over the next few months, and if there is a single personal attack that appears, I will sue the person who posts it, the owners of this BB, and anyone else remotely involved! This is NOT a threat; it is a PROMISE!!!

Stu Schaller
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 06:10 AM

Hi Stu

Not sure which particular comment/s got your goat but as you well know the skill as you get older is to ignore the riles - not sure if that is the word I`m looking for - there are too many out there looking to aggravate for it`s own sake. They`re reasons are many but mostly jealously, the solution is easy to say but.... move on.

I`m comforted by the 5 exclamations marks none would have worried me.

Richard
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 06:17 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to John M Send a message via Yahoo to John M
Happy Trails!!!

Best Regards,
John

PS. PARTY!!!!!!

[SIZE="1"]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1978 AR Spider Veloce 2000....the first and still here...Bianco
1984 AR Spider Veloce............the second & gone to the parts bin....Rosso
1992 AR Spider Veloce............the third and still here...Bianco
1991 AR 164L........................the fourth and traded on the SS....Rosso
1965 AR Sprint Speciale..........the fifth...in boxes....sold....Bianco
1978 AR Spider Veloce 2000....the sixth gone to be a parts car...slow black
1967 AR Giulia Sprint GT.........the seventh with Gregg and sold......Rosso
1993 AR Spider Veloce............the eighth with Gregg and still here....Verde Inglese
1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi.............the first and still here....Azzurro
1999 Ferrari 355F1 Spider........the second and still here....TdF Blue[/SIZE]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 06:19 AM

Wink *** ? okay, see ya later ...........

don't let the door hit your rear on your way out.

as i have witnessed on other forums, folks like you who say they are leaving can never actually resist the temptation of coming back and always post again, saying "this is the last time, and this time i mean it"

do yourself a favor and save yourself and everyone else the aggravation and stay true to your words.

Quote:
I will sue the person who posts it, the owners of this BB, and anyone else remotely involved!
so if i say something nasty about you does that mean you will sue my cat as well? he is sitting on my lap as i write this..... so i gather he is "remotely involved"

1988 spider graduate - 1970 mercedes 280se - 1979 ferrari 308 gtb

Last edited by nucleonic; 07-27-2009 at 06:23 AM. Reason: typo
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 06:22 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucleonic View Post
don't let the door hit you on the *** on your way out.
I almost typed the exact same thing!

Best Regards,
John M

[SIZE="1"]

1993 AR Spider Veloce............the eighth with Gregg and still here....Verde Inglese
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 06:34 AM

Garage
I haven't followed many of the threads, so I don't know which ones pulled the trigger, but I've enjoyed much of your input over the years. Not all--sometimes you keep hammering on a point you've already well made, but hey, my dad does the same thing. Don't get bitter and litigious, like another infamous BB member we need not mention by name, but you know who I mean. I'm one who will miss your posts. Keep well.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][B]Bob Farace[/B]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]1971 Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce[/COLOR]
[I]Director, Connecticut branch, Scuderia Non Originale[/I][/FONT]
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 06:50 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Zagato_Olaf
You have had it with everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dretceterini View Post
I have finally had it with people on this BB, members of AROO, and the AROC. This is my final post here EVER!! If people want to contact me directly, they can at [email protected].

I simply have had enouth of the personal attacks from various a-holes; from the BS over AROO and the convention, and from 30 years of fighting with AROC, who still owes me about $2500 for stories I wrote a long time ago for the Alfa Owner, and NEVER GOT PAID FOR!

I WILL be checking in over the next few months, and if there is a single personal attack that appears, I will sue the person who posts it, the owners of this BB, and anyone else remotely involved! This is NOT a threat; it is a PROMISE!!!

Stu Schaller
Dear Stu,

I wasn't aware of the fact that I have offended you. If so, please tell that to me straight so that I can react and make an apology if that is the right thing to do. I find it disappointing that you feel this way and act in the way that you do now.

To me, you are a person with a lot of knowledge concerning Alfa Romeo's and a strong opinion concerning the cars that we speak about on this bulletin board. I like people with strong opinions because it will make the discussions more lively and interesting.

One thing is important in my opinion. That we keep a difference between the facts and our opinions. Facts to me are things that can be checked in books, in documents, on the internet and in other sources. And even then, sometimes things seem to be different than the sources suggest.
Opinions on the other hand are personal and part of the discussion here. The fact that you sometimes (in my opinion) present your opinions as facts, makes the discussion difficult. People start to react and things tend to get personal and aimed at the people behind the opinions, not aimed at the car or the subject we are talking about. The discussion on the Tipo 256 cars to me is a prime example of how things can get personal.

In my opinion, this board is an interesting source for information and we can all have a good time here if we make a clear difference between the facts and our opinions. In that way, nobody has to feel insulted, damaged, not heared or neglected.

If you feel that going away from this board is the thing to do, than that is your action. I think that this is not the way to go. I will miss your input on the cars we discuss here. Stand straight and accept that people will challenge you. Give them the facts and your opinions. Discuss those opinions and accept that people will always disagree on something. Which is fine in my opinion.

I know that you have been damaged by certain individuals in the past. Going away from this board will mean that they finally have things there way. Is that what you want?

Ciao! Olaf

Olaf Roeten a.k.a. Zagato_Olaf, Bussum, The Netherlands

Last edited by Zagato_Olaf; 07-27-2009 at 07:20 AM. Reason: extra info
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 07:16 AM
Gold Subscriber

Olaf

Good points, well made. +++

Bob,
Avatar is the 68 Super, bought new.
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 07:22 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Stu, I'll miss your comments and knowledge. You shouldn't let people get to you. Consider the source. It's easy to insult people on these forums, they're not in your face. I hope I never gave any one reason to be offended on this forum. If so " I'm SORRY " I just want to share my 25 + years of being an Alfa owner. Please reconsider!
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 07:28 AM

A shame that others cannot be as gracious, dignified and measured as you, Olaf. I cannot add much to what you have written, save for the fact that I would also miss Stu's presence on this board. I feel that those who have commented on certain inaccuracies or errors are too quick to throw the first stone, and fail to appreciate the role of debate, hypothesis and postulation in unearthing the real nuggets of truth. Very often, threads wither and die unless they are nurtured by passionate devotees of this marque's heritage. A couple of notable contributors have vanished in the past couple of years and their wisdom is missed in here. I would be a much less frequent visitor to this board if this trickle developed into a flood. The comments made on behalf of 'Ossodiseppia' when he called it a day were not lost on me.

Still, I suppose there will always be a ready supply of people wanting to discuss the relative merits of detailing techniques and this wax versus that wax ... so I suppose for that we should be thankful?

So, Stu, if you are off for good then I wish you bon voyage. Best of luck in your travels and I hope your counter-suit pays off. I think you'll find that there is truly no better insulation from other people's BS than $.

Cheers,

Alex.

Last edited by Alex; 07-27-2009 at 07:33 AM.
post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 07:57 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
It truly is a shame. For those of you like Olaf, who have communicated with him regarding Alfa history, please understand that Mr. Schaller is not leaving because of you.

Mr. Schaller has certainly been an invaluable resource regarding unusual Alfas, Alfa Romeo historical and collector data and information regarding other non-Alfa Italian cars.

However, in many other non-history threads, in his bizarre and impolite behavior at the 2009 Portland AROC Convention, and in his very unwarranted and inaccurate attacks against AROC, AROO and the organizers of the convention, he has lost much of his credibility and earned the disapproval and disdain of many members of the Alfa BB community.

I truly believe that it is time for him to leave the Alfa BB. Although we all disagree and argue from time to time, Mr. Schaller's recent attacks and incorrect accusations were completely unacceptable in a public forum.

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 08:18 AM

I think we all need to remember that petty bickering isn't going to be remembered in six months, let alone in sixty years. Can't you all just realise that, in the bigger scheme of things, you don't matter? It's the marque that's important and the personages directly involved with it, not the man.

So to some extent I sympathise with the position of a man who doesn't feel he is of a 'clubbable' disposition. Groucho Marx felt the same way, too.

Over and out on this topic.
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 08:43 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
So to some extent I sympathise with the position of a man who doesn't feel he is of a 'clubbable' disposition. Groucho Marx felt the same way, too.
Alex, I respect your opinions and input in this BB. However, it is clear to me that you have not read any of the threads regarding the recent AROC USA convention in Portland.

If I had not attended the convention, had not read the related BB threads, or had not received other communications from respected and highly reliable sources, I would probably feel the same way you do.

However, "what has been seen, cannot be un-seen".

Rev high! Alex 'Sandor' Csank
514-771-9513 President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada (ARCC) www.alfaclub.ca
post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 09:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I think we all need to remember that petty bickering isn't going to be remembered in six months, let alone in sixty years. Can't you all just realise that, in the bigger scheme of things, you don't matter? It's the marque that's important and the personages directly involved with it, not the man.

Over and out on this topic.
He felt the same way because he was a Doctor, too.

Dr Hackenbush,

[choir] So this is Doctor Hackenbush
the famous medical
You're welcome, Doctor Hackenbush
[Groucho] If that's the case, I'll go!
[choir] Oh no, you mustn't go!
[Groucho] Who said I mustn't go?
The only reason that I came is so that I can go

[Groucho] I'm Doctor Hackenbush
my medical standing's very high
Well, anyways, ladies and gentlemen
I am Doctor Hackenbush
[choir] He's Doctor Hackenbush
[Groucho] As a matter of fact, to be exact
I'm Doctor Hackenbush

[girl] I'm sure that they'd all like to hear
some facts about your great career
[Groucho] Although my horn I hate to blow
there's one thing that you ought to know

I'm Doctor Hackenbush
which all my friends will verify
Well, anyways, ladies and gentlemen
I am Doctor Hackenbush
[choir] He's Doctor Hackenbush
[Groucho]You never would guess, but nevertheless
I'm Doctor Hackenbu-u-u-u-sh

Ciao tutti

93 Spider (red)
87 Milano (not red)
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 07-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Platinum Subscriber

I am with Mr Csank on this. We (the Alfabb) have been here before with Stu some years ago when he was trash talking peoples cars on this bb and he was going to leave then when he was called to the mat. At that time I asked him to stay on if he could turn a new leaf. And he did for awhile. And really, the replies now asking Stu to stay is a solid testament of the great quality people that are on this BB and in the AROC who would rather sacrifice and tolerate Stu than offend. And we should strive to be inclusive of all members. But his antics at the convention.....really just flat out dishonesty and attempts to game the system claiming "he didn't know...no one told me", to sneak onto tours without registering or paying, helping himself to banquets without paying, selling items at key vendor sponsored events without registering or paying for that privilege, and the list goes on, has certainly shifted my view of Stu.

Obviously, it is all about Stu. Everyone owes him. AROO owes him. AROC owes him. I have no tolerance for someone who is dishonest. "I will not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate among us anyone who does." I grew up under that wall. I still believe in it and live it. What has been done is done, a line has been crossed. If Stu had wanted to stay...he should have stepped up and taken full responsibility for his actions in Portland. He should have made a formal and public apology to the convention and its volunteer organizers, to the AROC, and to the Alfabb. Rather, he chose to trash talk all of the above openly for some time now on this bb.

Best Regards,
John M

[SIZE="1"]

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode