WTB: '71 2000 GTV DashBoard - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

WTB: '71 2000 GTV DashBoard

I am looking for a dashboard (only this, not the console) for a 2000 GTV in good condition. If you have such an item for sale or aware of a source where i can buy it please inform me. I would be interested for a complete dashboard with the gauges etc. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 11:35 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubolare Zagato
I am looking for a dashboard (only this, not the console) for a 2000 GTV in good condition. If you have such an item for sale or aware of a source where i can buy it please inform me. I would be interested for a complete dashboard with the gauges etc. Thanks in advance!
These are available new from any Alfa restoration parts suppliers in Europe.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

I asked at Afra but no luck... Perhaps you mean dashboard repair covers? I want a whole dashboard. Do you know of a source?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 12:30 PM

Here's one on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

73 Berlina: Sold
73 GTV: SOLD 1976 Alfetta GT: Sold
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 12:37 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Centerline has a couple of new 1750 GTV dashes, if they havent' already sold them.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=9012

Super-expensive but perfect it looks. If you have an old one, consider www.justdashes.com who can re-pad and re-vinyl your old frame.

It's going to be pretty tough to find a used one in good condition. The vinyl back then was poor quality and didn't last. Even if you find a decent used one, no telling how long it'll go before it cracks too.

John Stewart
74 Spider
91 164S
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Greg and John,
The problem is that the dashboard on my 2000GTV has been replaced with a 1750GTV one after the original has been damaged. Unfortunately the owner didn't change it to the original dashboard and also he didnt keep the original damaged.
So i must find either a used one in rather good condition or a new one. As you understand a repair cover or "Justdashes" solutions are not acceptable for me.
(Fortunately the console is the original and in very good condition so no need to change it.)

Last edited by Tubolare Zagato; 01-28-2005 at 01:04 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 01:40 PM

It seems to me Just Dashes, might take your 1750 dash as a "core" for a restored 2000 dash in return. Maybe I don't completely understand their business. Or wait for someone looking for a 1750 dash who will trade a 2000 dash (the 2000 seems easier to find). Best case would be someone in the US who needs a 1750 dash and would send their old 2000 dash to Just Dashes for you, which you would then have to buy. With shipping and all though the price might get high.

74 Berlina (first car--miss her)
94 164 LS (gone too)
83 Spider (alas, gone)
74 GTV (still have conjugal visits at least)
1987 Milano Verde (now in good hands)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 01:44 PM

Try this http://www.velocissima.com/
They have a classified section on their site which has a couple of "parts cars". You might find what you're looking for here.

73 Berlina: Sold
73 GTV: SOLD 1976 Alfetta GT: Sold
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 02:04 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Hurtienne, in Germany lists new dashes.

http://www.alfahurtienne.de/htdocs/e....htm#Dashboard

Brian __________________________________

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode