For Sale 1971 1750 Rebuilt Engine - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By kuni123456

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

1971 1750 Rebuilt Engine

For sale 1971 1750 Spider/Sprint USA rebuilt engine, serial number AR00551 06978 with the following parts:

cleaned block with drilled oil passages to remove old sludge, cleaned head, oil pan and front cover
did not blast the valve cover because that was the natural patina but the rest of the engine did not look too great
new pistons and liners, compression ratio 10.5
Hastings rings
new crankshaft with new standard rod and main bearings
good oil pump purchased from Jon Norman Alfa
ported cylinder head milled this week
camshaft 1050203 20001 9.6 mm lift, std factory 1300 and 1600 performance rank 4
new valves standard size
new springs
new cam followers
new upper and lower timing chains
new water pump
flywheel included
engine is being assembled after returning from machine shop

$5,000 plus shipping and building $100 wooden crate, local pick up ok engine is located in Los Angeles, CA

PM if interested and photos will be sent to email address

I attached two photos of the engine and did not take photos of the valves, springs, flywheel, nuts, bolts, gaskets and other small parts.

I have completely restored six Alfas and currently working on restoring two Alfas. I have rebuilt 102 2000, 106 2600, 5-1300 750, 5-1300 101, 1-1750, Alfetta engine, 2-3L Milano, 289 Ford, 1600 Ford and have repaired many Alfa, Ferrari, BMW and other manufacturers engines. I am a retired chemist/metallurgist and have been repairing Alfas for a hobby since 1968.
Attached Images

alfaman1963, JJr and xplorutah like this.

Last edited by kuni123456; 09-20-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

I am starting to assemble the engine and thank you for the responses. I wanted to take photos before the engine was put together. The pistons and liners have a green dot which was used to mark the size of the pistons and liners.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 04:42 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
WOW! What a smoking deal!

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

I thank you for the nice words and think that the engine will be good for a restoration project. I am going to build a 1959 750 Sprint engine and then a 1960 101 Sprint/Spider engine.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 04:55 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Nice...a new crank? Where on earth did you find that?

1971 1750 GTV 105.48 (sold), 1972 1300GTJunior (sold)
1969 1750 GTV 105.5 , 1972 Montreal
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

There are sources for new crankshafts and it is possible to have a new billet crankshaft made by a number of companies.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 05:29 PM

Hi I need to check with my mechanic .i have a giulietta sprint ‘59 which given the correct mounts etc (available on centreline )might be able to accommodate this 1750 . I’m in malaysia ,KL . Could you enquire on shipping costs and also WhatsApp me pics of this rebuilt engine please ? +6012 201 5066
Ruban

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode