For Sale NEW 10562 Tipo Plates....coming soon! - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
NEW 10562 Tipo Plates....coming soon!

I'm going to have some of these made up. The number I have made will be determined by how many folks step up. The graphics on the repros that I've seen are not even close to the original. I want something that looks more like the original. So, I've made up a graphics file and put it with a picture of an original. My graphics are in the middle. I then placed a repro on top for comparison.

As you can see, the Alfa Romeo script on in my graphics is a really good match. I used fonts that match the original, as you can see by the pictures. I printed out my graphics file and stuck it on the firewall of my car. The mounting holes are the right diameter and distance apart.

These will not be etched like the originals, but they will look much better than what's available.

Price will be dependent on how many I have made. Price will be between $10 and $15.

If you want one please post to this thread. I'd like to submit my order in a week.
Attached Images

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 07:23 PM

Yep here is an old repro, not a great match. Also here is a cool brass plaque I was given. I wonder where it came from originally?
Attached Images

74 GTV with 10548's and Ingram pump
71 Spider 1750 BOMBER ; 1995 LS 78K tight fast car
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 08:10 PM

Garage
I want to double-check mine tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure you can count me in. I remember not being very happy with the repro I installed.

goats, I have one of those brass plaques, still with the protective plastic on top and paper on the back.
Attached Images

[FONT="Century Gothic"][B]Bob Farace[/B]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]1971 Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce[/COLOR]
[I]Director, Connecticut branch, Scuderia Non Originale[/I][/FONT]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by goats View Post
Yep here is an old repro, not a great match. Also here is a cool brass plaque I was given. I wonder where it came from originally?
That Alfa Ricambi one is much better than what is currently available.

post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 08:24 PM

Bob — what’s the back story on the plaque?

post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 08:27 PM

Oslo, it’s close but the font for the tipo number is too narrow— should be bolder like yours!!

post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 09:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by goats View Post
Bob — what’s the back story on the plaque?
I honestly can't recall the story right now, but I think it was a dealer give-away in 1975 to celebrate the world championship. I'm sure someone will know the whole story.

post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 10:05 PM
Gold Subscriber

Those plaques were attached to either the dashboard or the glove box door of 1976 Alfetta GTs. The plaque celebrated Alfa's 3 world championships-most recent being 1975. If anyone has a new or very good used example for sale please let me know by PM.
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 09:36 AM

Put me in for 2

Thanks, Rick
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 12:14 PM

Garage
It looks like the repro I bought way back when from either IAP or Centerline (I think it was IAP) is just as bad as the one you show, with zero thought or effort put in to choosing the correct fonts. And my original is nearly scrubbed clean. So, yeah, I'm definitely in for one.
Attached Images

post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 12:29 PM
Gold Subscriber

Pardon my ignorance, which chassis does it go on?

Regards, Alberto
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 02:46 PM

Alberto 10562 is early kamm tail spider, 1971 and maybe some early 72 but I’m not sure— at least in USA

post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 02:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguirola View Post
Pardon my ignorance, which chassis does it go on?

Regards, Alberto
Osso will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe 105.62 is US-market Spica 1750 Spiders, so basically '69 S1 and '71 S2.

post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farace View Post
Osso will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe 105.62 is US-market Spica 1750 Spiders, so basically '69 S1 and '71 S2.
That's right. There are also some number of 105.62 2litre cars. @andrew has one.....or had one.

post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 11:16 AM
Gold Subscriber

I would like two, whenever they are ready.

Regards, Alberto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode