For Sale NEW 10562 Tipo Plates....coming soon! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 11:26 AM
Gold Subscriber

I would be interested in 1 plate, Thanks Stephan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:50 PM

Perfect timing! I have been hesitating in buying a reproduction. I will take one.

Just a suggestion, but next you could make the plastic VIN plate that goes on the driver side door jamb.
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 08:05 PM

If you're interested in an accurate etched version exactly like your original, I was referred by an AlfaBB member to NostalgicReflections.com Truthfully, I didn't feel the need to search reviews of them because of the referral, but I have since read a few. They have been doing this for well over 45 years; many badges of all types being sold on eBay. Pretty decent looking work. They charge a heck of a lot more than what you are offering, but it's also not like the common, printed/screened reproductions we have been used to buying.

I had to pay up front, so I will post a picture when I receive it for my Giulietta. One review of the turnaround time has me worried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61SS View Post
Perfect timing! I have been hesitating in buying a reproduction. I will take one.

Just a suggestion, but next you could make the plastic VIN plate that goes on the driver side door jamb.
I've thought about that one as well. The only issue is I would need to invest in a machine that embosses the serial number and date of manufacture on the plastic plate. Those cost quite a bit of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn101 View Post
If you're interested in an accurate etched version exactly like your original, I was referred by an AlfaBB member to NostalgicReflections.com Truthfully, I didn't feel the need to search reviews of them because of the referral, but I have since read a few. They have been doing this for well over 45 years; many badges of all types being sold on eBay. Pretty decent looking work. They charge a heck of a lot more than what you are offering, but it's also not like the common, printed/screened reproductions we have been used to buying.

I had to pay up front, so I will post a picture when I receive it for my Giulietta. One review of the turnaround time has me worried.
Thank you for the referral. Just looking through the first couple of pages, it looks like these could cost $150 or more. I don't think I will get any takers at that price.

Something that is itched would need to be done in a country where labor rates are considerably less than in the US.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
BUMP!

Cuttoff is Friday, May 24th.

post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:25 AM
Gold Subscriber

I would like two as well Please.

Thank you.
post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
I have pictures of the proofs. I'm thinking the "mirror" is the best one. That's the first one.
Attached Images

Farace likes this.

post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 11:49 AM
Gold Subscriber

Absolutely. The 1st one is the best one.

Regards, Alberto
post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 02:27 PM
Gold Subscriber

I agree, the first one is the better of the bunch, Stephan
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 05:35 PM
Gold Subscriber

I would also like to purchase 2.

Regards - Phil
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
Thank you for the referral. Just looking through the first couple of pages, it looks like these could cost $150 or more. I don't think I will get any takers at that price.

Something that is itched would need to be done in a country where labor rates are considerably less than in the US.
It's actually closer to $300 for an exact, correctly etched plate. Or about $200 to "restore as close to original" from your own-supplied original plate per Jerry's quote. If one has $50K plus in a restoration, it's all relative, and a very visible part when it's installed. You can really feel the difference on its surface to the touch. The letters are raised, the numbers submersed below the silver surface. I was just suggesting an alternative, it certainly wouldn't be a moneymaker on the other end.
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn101 View Post
It's actually closer to $300 for an exact, correctly etched plate. Or about $200 to "restore as close to original" from your own-supplied original plate per Jerry's quote. If one has $50K plus in a restoration, it's all relative, and a very visible part when it's installed. You can really feel the difference on its surface to the touch. The letters are raised, the numbers submersed below the silver surface. I was just suggesting an alternative, it certainly wouldn't be a moneymaker on the other end.
There's nothing wrong with the suggestion. It's actually very much appreciated.

post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
I'm having the proof sent to me so I can see them with my own eyes. The corner radius is not right. The manufacturer is not able to cut a 3mm radius with his equipment. So, there will be a delay of about 2-3 months. At which time, he will have a CNC machine set up and can cut the proper radius.

post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 04:59 AM

You can put me down for one.

Thx - Ken
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:02 AM

Pleas put me down for one. Thank you!
-Jim S.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode