Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Complete Megasquirt Fuel Injection System

For Sale 
3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  AlfafaninNY 
#1 ·
This is a Megasquirt FI system for sale. It was made by "Reale" on this bb. The controller is built into an original Bosch ECU case. It includes 6 injectors , IAT sensor, MAP sensor, TP sensor and bracket and K&N filter. It has the serial cable/USB adapter as well. You need a laptop with the appropriate software to tune the system. Reale (Al Mitchell) has been the most helpful person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He offered technical support to the new owner of this system. $750 plus shipping.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I also use this system built by Al in my gtv6. It’s the best upgrade I’ve made so far. For reference I also did the csc headers which cost twice as much as this kit all said and done and made about half the inprovement in the butt dyno. Also install is quick and easy compared to 8 hours in a lift for headers. I couldn’t recommend more highly. I also video taped the install and can provide for reference.

#5 ·
Smoking good deal. Injectors alone are $500+

#7 ·
Can this be reconfigured for a 4cyl Nord ?
(I’m guessing it can with programming if it’s a std megasquirt, also which version?)

#10 ·
The Megasquirt system alone is worth 30 HP - that is the gain that Al Mitchell saw on his dyno when he replaced L-jet with Megasquirt with no other changes on a strong 3L motor. If you then improve the exhaust and cams then you have at least as much power as a 24V 3L with a fraction of the complexity.

#11 ·
The Megasquirt system alone is worth 30 HP - that is the gain that Al Mitchell saw on his dyno when he replaced L-jet with Megasquirt with no other changes on a strong 3L motor.
I actually asked Al directly about this system in an email and this is what he told me, verbatim (hope Al doesn't mind my posting): "Swapping from L-jet to Megasquirt with no other modifications will result in some modest (15hp max) performance gains. The real benefit comes from when you start to mess with mods like cams. Getting the hang of tuning before you make those mods would definitely be helpful."

I asked Al what to expect with no other immediate changes on a strong-running, stock 160k-mile 3.0 Milano (L-Jet) engine. IMO, this seems like a great system and if I thought I needed to rebuild my 3.0 in the next year or two, I'd buy this along with the cams and pistons being sold by the OP. I'm hoping to get at least another 40k miles out of my car, however, which is a decade-plus of driving for me.

#12 ·
I would say more than anything the difference on a stock engine is throttle response . It is very responsive with the MS fuel management . I imagine just getting the stock air box off of there is good for a few HP. Still available .

#14 ·
Yes, it is truly plug and play. It can be removed and put back to stock without any mods to the original wiring. Only thing you need to supply would be a laptop to tune the system. ( And the software ) You need to put the intake air temp into the intake air , of all places, and change out the stock TP switch for the TP sensor, and add the MAP sensor. It comes with all the sensors and wiring. It's a pretty slick kit.

#15 ·
Rory,
I am surprised that Al told you that as his dyno sheets that were posted by Alfar7 showed a gain of 30 HP. At that time Al said that about half of the gain came from getting rid of the AFM and cleaning up the intake and the other half came from better fueling.

Megasquirt is the gateway to performance. My 3L street motor made 214 HP at the wheels and was over 200 HP from 5300 to 6800 rpm. A friend's 164Q made 201 at the wheels.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.