ULTRA-RARE - Set of 7J (!) x 14" Maifrini Mille Miglia's MAGNESIUM wheels - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 04:51 AM Thread Starter

Hi all,

I see that a lot is being written about the wheels and myself. Not offended here, but let me try to clarify some things.

First of all, I try to answer everyone as soon as possible. Luckily, I'm not glued to the keyboard (that would handicap my life considerable) and I'm not a professional webshop, but still I'll make an effort to reply within 24h's. Please forgive me if sometimes my girlfriend and work demands some time from me as well which prevents me from answering directly. Also, please note that I'm located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, so there's a time difference involved.

I find it interesting to read additional info about the wheels in the open debat on the forum. I appreciate this a lot and like to thank others to share their knowledge!

In general the best is to reach out by PM so that I can respond. I prefer to set up a personal communication if someone has serious interest and want to ask me questions about their condition, shipping options, price or whatever. I might be relatively young (I'm 37), but I don't have anything going with short text messages "max 140 characters"-style. You leave out every nuance this way.. I rather take my time to inform people well beforehand so that they can make an educated discussion on whether or not to buy. I encourage inspections beforehand or any other option to get a good, clear insight and I can help and assist in shipping(options). This takes a bit of custom work sometimes given the locations I'm receiving, but that's also the reason why I believe a personal contact is more helpful. If that's taking me some more time and effort to sell, fine by me, but I stand for the correctness of my sales and service instead of quick, anonymous sales.

Someone suggested that I didn't know how to price these wheels. No worries, I have no problem with that. I do prefer to advertise as POR as Robvolz correctly stated. I prefer direct, personal contact and sales and (shipping)service made-to-fit. As I respect other point of views on this as well, I prefer to stick to my own principles for reasons just mentioned above.
@classicalfa/Ironblock; I've actually did sent you some PM's. Maybe their overlooked, or there's some technical error why you didn't received them. I can't tell what went wrong then, since I did manage to reach out to others the same way. Could you otherwise try once by PM so that I can reply on that? Maybe this time it does work.

About the question if it would fit under the low arch '66 GT. I'm not super familiar with this model and I'm 100% sure since I've never done the math or tested it, but I presume Kengta is correct. I also doubt it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 07:00 AM

phbeckers... i sent a pm too. first one mentioned on this thread.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 01:17 PM

Garage
Just for the record; IRONBLOCK is not interested in buying a set of these wheels. I did not receive a PM either but that is okay. I do like the 6" x 14" set of Mille Miglia wheels on my Duetto. I don't know (or care) if 7" would fit a Duetto or not...

@classicalfa/Ironblock; I've actually did sent you some PM's.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbert View Post
ken

any comparisons pics of the early vs late? are early ones lighter ? there was a huge difference in weight with the bwa's for the later wheels.
I'll post some picture over here: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/susp...l-weights.html

so as not to high jack this thread further.

Ken

Ken Geiger, Toronto
1965 GTA, RHD, Stradale
ex- 1965 GTA, RHD, Corsa, Trans/Am 66-72
1964 Sprint GT, B-Sedan in 70's
1970 Giulia Super (CDN Spec)
1976 1600 GTj (Italian Spec)
1966 Harley Sprint (Aermacchi) 250
2000 Catalina 320, Hull #765 Northern Dream
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengta View Post
I'll post some picture over here: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/susp...l-weights.html

so as not to high jack this thread further.

Ken
i totally forgot about that. 10 hole version is massively cool! i need these :-)
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 01:37 PM
JJr

Garage
Sellers are using the same Ebay photo. Wheels re-offered from 2018 FS thread (below). Alfa BB wheels look to be in far superior condition.
https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alf...alu-alloy.html
TonyRomeo likes this.

71 GTV

Last edited by ossodiseppia; 06-13-2019 at 05:33 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode