Wanted: Alfetta/GTV6 116 Front Sway Bar - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 09:21 AM

"GTV6 Torsion Bars
24mm Front Sway Bar
"Race" Rear Springs
All poly bushings in front and rear"

This is the setup I had on my street legal, '77 "time trial" Alfetta GT, + sticky tires. 11 mm cams made the motor rev higher and this gave a little more RPM range to use. Without the bumpers it did a 1:45.9 at Willow Springs. Not as quick as comparable GTVs but I think they cheated more than I cheated. And they are lighter than the Alfetta.
So get the darn thing buttoned up, put some 5 pt belts in it and come out to School in September. 2 days of classroom/skidpad/short race track at the Streets of Willow. A good time to improve your skills and get some idea of how the car handles. No time to fiddle with the car so set it up and drive it. Change it on Monday. Then you maybe ready for Laguna Seca in October.
Don't do anything else like fancy brakes, etc. to the car for about a year. The most improvement you can get now is to improve the driver. Get some track time.
Good luck.
Paul Blankenship
AROSC
Dir of License, Instructor

Paul Blankenship AROSC
76 Alfetta GT -Track and daily driver; 88 Milano - a continuing project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Believe me - I understand where you are coming from. I plan on doing some track days here - the shop across the street is hosting some and I will attend with whatever I have up and running - hopefully this Alfetta sooner than later. I did a lot of autocrossing fwd VWs in the 90s, and track days and vintage stuff on bikes and formula Vees and other under-powered stuff, so I know how much difference the driver makes.

I have already upgraded the front brakes a little bit (larger vented rotors, 4 piston calipers), and the exhaust and intake, and maybe some cams soon. I suffer from the "while you're in there" disease. But at least it's not my first rodeo. I try to modify with a system in mind.

I have an extra set of 15x7 Revolution wheels and some DOT slicks that I can use. I already removed the crazy heavy bumpers as well - stupid heavy.

Dealer for Vintage Style Lights (Headlights,Fog/Driving) and Alloy Wheels
Campagnolo Rep Wheels - 14x6, 7 & 15x6,7 - NEW!!!

Last edited by greggearhead; 06-13-2018 at 01:24 PM.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 08:17 PM

I have a Shankle big sway bar with heim links for sale if you want. $100 plus shipping.

It came off a 77 alfetta gt race car due to installation of 33mm torsion bars. Only need the original alfetta sway bars with poly bushings. Controls under steer very well.

I’ll pm you a photo and do a thickness measurement but I know it’s bigger than the verde Milano bar.

'76 Alfetta GT, 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth, '78 sports sedan (2 of them) - sold, '91 164L - sold, '83 GTV6 -sold, '87 Milano Verde - sold, '91 spider -sold, '69 MGB GT,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode