For Sale Seat Belt Stickers - Testing the market for interest - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Seat Belt Stickers - Testing the market for interest

It's taken my printer quite a while to get back with me on this quote. As these are going to be printed on an aluminum foil, the costs are going to be high. The main reason is a tooling charge. The tooling charge is more than the charge to print 100 stickers.
They will need to have a die cut tool made to make the 18 mm circular cut.

I spent quite a bit of time on the graphics. The second image shows the various objects I drew outlined in red. As you can see, they are an excellent match to the original. As far as I know, these stickers only came on US spec 1969 Alfas. They were placed on the crab claw style and clam shell style seat belts on Berlinas, GTVs and Spiders.

I'm setting the price at $15 for two. So, $15 for Spiders, $30 for GTVs and Berlinas. I'm going to need commitments for about 60 individual stickers or 30 sets of two (2) for me to be comfortable pulling the trigger.

Thank you in advance for your interest.
Attached Images

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 04:12 PM

These may help...count me in! I'd need 4.
Attached Images

post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 05:33 PM

Garage
I'm in for 2 sets for 4 total.
Thanks!

Current: 69 GTV, 2019 Stelvio, 95 Porsche 968 cab
Past 74 GTV, 69 GTV, 74 Spider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 08:47 PM

count me in for 4
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 06:36 PM
Gold Subscriber

I'll take 4. Send me notice when they are available. Thank you.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 07:05 AM

Garage
has anyone ever played around with the concept of replacing the belts themselves on the crab claws and/or trying to modify a retractor style upper shoulder belt utilizing the crab claw buckles? I have been wanting to add retractors for convenience and safety but really do like the crab claw mechanism (even if probably not as safe, no?) rather than the vintage aircraft style...
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 07:26 AM

I replaced the strapping to 5600Lb spec non-retracting. The whole system works really well.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRace84 View Post
has anyone ever played around with the concept of replacing the belts themselves on the crab claws and/or trying to modify a retractor style upper shoulder belt utilizing the crab claw buckles? I have been wanting to add retractors for convenience and safety but really do like the crab claw mechanism (even if probably not as safe, no?) rather than the vintage aircraft style...
Can you please start you own thread on this?

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 07:44 AM

Garage
These would not be correct for a '71 Spider with the crab claws? (Keeping in mind, of course, that Alfa often confounds us with what is "correct" for any particular year.)

[FONT="Century Gothic"][B]Bob Farace[/B]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]1971 Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce[/COLOR]
[I]Director, Connecticut branch, Scuderia Non Originale[/I][/FONT]
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farace View Post
These would not be correct for a '71 Spider with the crab claws? (Keeping in mind, of course, that Alfa often confounds us with what is "correct" for any particular year.)
Hey Bob, this is the first I heard (or remember hearing) that the 71 model year cars had crab claw seat belts. Does the center chrome hoop have 1971 embossed on it?

If the 71 model year cars came with the crab claw seat belts, I can only guess that they might have had these on them.

I'm still gathering data on the cars. I've got little to no information on the 1971 cars.

post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 08:31 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
Hey Bob, this is the first I heard (or remember hearing) that the 71 model year cars had crab claw seat belts. Does the center chrome hoop have 1971 embossed on it?

If the 71 model year cars came with the crab claw seat belts, I can only guess that they might have had these on them.

I'm still gathering data on the cars. I've got little to no information on the 1971 cars.
When I got my car (after the misuse of more than one PO), the original belts were long gone, replaced by some godawful stiff "racing" belts that were damned near unwearable. I installed the hoop (can't remember what year is imprinted on it) and crab claws (modified a bit by installing a static shoulder belt as well). I'm sure I must have had some photographic reference else I wouldn't have chased them down, but I'm drawing a blank right now. When I get a moment I'll pull out the "Before you drive the 1971 Spider" sales brochure and see if that's where I saw them in a '71.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][B]Bob Farace[/B]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]1971 Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce[/COLOR]
[I]Director, Connecticut branch, Scuderia Non Originale[/I][/FONT]
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farace View Post
When I got my car (after the misuse of more than one PO), the original belts were long gone, replaced by some godawful stiff "racing" belts that were damned near unwearable. I installed the hoop (can't remember what year is imprinted on it) and crab claws (modified a bit by installing a static shoulder belt as well). I'm sure I must have had some photographic reference else I wouldn't have chased them down, but I'm drawing a blank right now. When I get a moment I'll pull out the "Before you drive the 1971 Spider" sales brochure and see if that's where I saw them in a '71.
I took a quick look online and found a few pictures that showed the hoop in a 71 spider.
Farace likes this.

post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 01:04 PM

Garage
I own 2 1971 Spiders. They do indeed have the crab claw seat belts with the hoop. Being that these are so unique and interesting, I wouldn't change them out to a more modern seat belt unless of course you actually drive one on a daily basis. I'd then keep the original stored safely away. As far as what is embossed on the loop, both of mine show "Alfa Romeo Spider KLIPPAN 1970"
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by evieceli View Post
I own 2 1971 Spiders. They do indeed have the crab claw seat belts with the hoop. Being that these are so unique and interesting, I wouldn't change them out to a more modern seat belt unless of course you actually drive one on a daily basis. I'd then keep the original stored safely away. As far as what is embossed on the loop, both of mine show "Alfa Romeo Spider KLIPPAN 1970"
Fantastic. Thank you. Do the crab claws have the sticker on them?

post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 02:35 PM

Hi Brian

Sent you an email regarding stickers

Thanks, Rick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode