For Sale Seat Belt Stickers - Testing the market for interest - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 03:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
Fantastic. Thank you. Do the crab claws have the sticker on them?
Actually, I've never noticed until now. One of my sets are missing the decal whereas the other car's seat belts "do" have the decals. They are in OK but not great condition. Another thing that I noticed is the positioning of the decals. I don't know which is left or right as they are removed from the car, but on the buckle where the name KLIPPAN is shown, on one belt, the decal is above the N as shown in the earlier pic in this thread, but the other buckle has the label above the K. I thought that was kind of interesting. The belts that do have the decals are from a crash damaged vehicle that has only 16352 original miles and the new car dealer registration sticker still barely visible on the windshield. So in essence, this car is as close to original as I can find. I'll PM you with more information as we are also discussing another similar thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 05:15 PM

Garage
I found the seatbelt ends depicted in the 1971 sales brochure. Looks like the decal is on the left side (but now I wonder if they might be on both sides, being on the right on the other). I looked through four period magazines (Road & Track, Sports Car Graphic, Road Test, and Motor Trend) and while I can't see the buckles in any of them, I can see hoops.

And I can see them in the GTV as well.
Attached Images

[FONT="Century Gothic"][B]Bob Farace[/B]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]1971 Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce[/COLOR]
[I]Director, Connecticut branch, Scuderia Non Originale[/I][/FONT]
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Thank you for digging this up, Bob. I guess you'll be in for two. :-)
Farace likes this.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 07:56 PM
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 08:21 PM

Garage
Please do not take offense to this but sales brochures can certainly be misleading and/or wrong. Being that I own two 1971 spiders, I can assure you without any doubt that these are the correct kind of seat belts and that the labels are on each side as to provide symmetry when both buckles are buckled. See photo. It makes sense once seen.
Attached Images

Farace likes this.

Last edited by evieceli; 07-14-2017 at 08:25 PM. Reason: image upside down
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 08:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by evieceli View Post
Please do not take offense to this but sales brochures can certainly be misleading and/or wrong. Being that I own two 1971 spiders, I can assure you without any doubt that these are the correct kind of seat belts and that the labels are on each side as to provide symmetry when both buckles are buckled. See photo. It makes sense once seen.
No offense taken! It wouldn't surprise me if Alfa did things differently from one week to the next.

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 08:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
Thank you for digging this up, Bob. I guess you'll be in for two. :-)
I guess I will!

post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
So, we are about half way there. I'm glad to know they were fitted to the 71 model year cars. That should attract more interest.

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 11:58 AM

you could also contact the usual vendors like OKP or classic alfa, they might be interested to buy a batch as well so they can offer them to their customers. They are always opened to new products..
Hervé
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 12:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by benicia 2600 View Post
you could also contact the usual vendors like OKP or classic alfa, they might be interested to buy a batch as well so they can offer them to their customers. They are always opened to new products..
Hervé
Or maybe Uri at Mt. Carmel Spares. This seems right up his alley.

post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by evieceli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by benicia 2600 View Post
Hervé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farace View Post
Or maybe Uri at Mt. Carmel Spares. This seems right up his alley.
Thanks for the suggestions. I actually want to hold these close. I like the exclusivity of offering things no one else has. I really don't want to compete or step on toes.

I'm pretty sure that all of the stickers I've drafted up, with the exception of two, are not being offered by vendors.
Farace likes this.

post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 07:23 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I started reproducing valve cover decals for the 50's and 60's Chris Craft engines. I was contacted by one of the companies that sells parts for the old Chris Crafts. They wanted to by a couple of sets because one of their customers wanted them.

Next thing I know they have them in their catalog for double the price I sell them for and they have never ordered any since. I later found out they used mine to reproduce theirs.

So be careful. There are suppliers out there that will use your stickers to reproduce them so they can sell them without getting them from you.
ossodiseppia likes this.

1969 1750 Spider Veloce w/dual webers, 1969 1750 Berlina, 1971 1750 Spider Veloce w/ dual webers, 1985 Spider Veloce 23,000 orig. miles, {Two} 1986 Spider Veloces, 1987 Spider Veloce bought new, 1988 Quadrifoglio, 1991 164S, Plus several more. I think they are breeding.
I just got 2 more. Now I have a Matta. I must be crazy.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 12:54 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I'll take two sets as well.

Brad
'69 Series 1 GTV (105.51)

'78 Alfetta GT (Sprint Veloce)
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim G View Post
I started reproducing valve cover decals for the 50's and 60's Chris Craft engines. I was contacted by one of the companies that sells parts for the old Chris Crafts. They wanted to by a couple of sets because one of their customers wanted them.

Next thing I know they have them in their catalog for double the price I sell them for and they have never ordered any since. I later found out they used mine to reproduce theirs.

So be careful. There are suppliers out there that will use your stickers to reproduce them so they can sell them without getting them from you.
That's very sad. I hope folks are still buying yours.

I've actually thought about this sort of thing happening. I hope there is some mutual respect in the community and that this won't happen.

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
BUMP.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode