WARNING Scam going on! - Page 15 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #211 of 227 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 04:51 AM

Here's an email I received about a week ago in my search for an exhaust manifold. From a guy, Peter Pietr, supposedly in Crawfordville, IN. The pic he sent of the part was one of many I saw on Google Images. Anybody know him?

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for writing. Great! I have a 1-4 split exhaust manifold for a
1991 Alfa Spider in excellent shape and condition, ready to mount on.
I'm asking $300 and happy to arrange delivery via USPS or Greyhound to
your door step and would acknowledge payment via Money Gram since my
PayPal is still not up and running. What's your complete shipping
address?

Many thanks again and regards,

Peter

Thanks, Jeff Lowden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 227 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 05:26 AM
Trained (ex)Professional

1953-2018 RIP

Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Hi Jeff,
Peter Pietr was banned on 14 March (please scroll up a couple of posts). Could you please confirm the receive date of the email?
Thanks!

Jim

Series 2 USA 1750 GTV (in Series 1 European clothing)
post #213 of 227 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 05:52 AM

The one I posted was received on March 16. I replied to that one but then read the threads about the scams. I received another one just this morning at 3:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 227 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 06:49 AM

He has changed his user name to "allens" with a join date of March 17. He managed to get my email address and sent me one which I foolishly opened. email is [email protected]. Should have checked this thread. Guy should be again blocked from the board. Tim

Here is how he responded to my search for front seats:
Write me to my e-mail and I will get back to you on pricing and pictures. Let me know Asap.
post #215 of 227 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 02:10 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to franjo mokina
WARNING Scam going on!

Jean Himmel [email protected] offered me gold 2000gtv badge for 250usd Moneygram....

Franjo
http://www.alfafranjo.com/
post #216 of 227 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 02:22 AM

for the record...ive used moneygram before. never had and issue if you trust the fellow on the other end. i bought a set of wheels with paypal on ebay for the alfa... despite their reassurance and guarantees, the wheels never came and paypal refunded my a whole $7. **** paypal...they have got the world convince that they are the only option transfer to funds and it is apparent here on the BB

Last edited by davbert; 08-03-2017 at 08:01 AM.
post #217 of 227 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 05:01 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbert View Post
for the record...ive used moneygram before. never had and issue if you trust the fellow on the other end. i bought a set of wheels with paypal on ebay for the alfa... despite their reassurance and guarantees, the wheels never came and paypal refunded my a whole $7. @@@@ paypal...they have got the world convince that they are the only option transfer funds and it is apparent here on the BB
I always pay with a credit card through paypal for my ebay purchases. It gives me a backup if paypal falls through.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #218 of 227 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 03:53 PM

SCAM Warning. I got approached by a guy going by John Fishborne. I have a wanted add for GT jr seats. Here is his most recent reply when I asked for his phone number.

Hi Marty,

Apologizes, my phone got damaged after a get together party I and the wife organized over the weekend. As a result it's almost impossible to reach me by phone but best to reach me here for now. Let me know if we still have a deal.

John
post #219 of 227 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
But Mad North-Northwest
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeM View Post
SCAM Warning. I got approached by a guy going by John Fishborne. I have a wanted add for GT jr seats. Here is his most recent reply when I asked for his phone number.

Hi Marty,

Apologizes, my phone got damaged after a get together party I and the wife organized over the weekend. As a result it's almost impossible to reach me by phone but best to reach me here for now. Let me know if we still have a deal.

John
When this happens, post the individual's BB username and flag the post so the admins can block him. Won't stop the guy but it'll slow him down.

Tom

1963 Giulia Spider (1750 engine)
1974 GTV
1991 Spider
Former: 1987 Milano Gold
post #220 of 227 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 04:52 PM
Trained (ex)Professional

1953-2018 RIP

^^^This^^^

Thanks, Tom!
There's not much I can do without a BB username or an email address.

Jim

post #221 of 227 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 05:10 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeM View Post

Hi Marty,

John
He is at: [email protected]
Wanted payment via Walmart. Walmart? Geez, such imagination...
post #222 of 227 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 05:38 PM
Trained (ex)Professional

1953-2018 RIP

Thanks @aguirola . alfaguru75 was banned.

Jim

post #223 of 227 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 06:58 PM

Yeah, that's the scumbag.
post #224 of 227 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 07:08 PM

Garage
Wow... This may be naive, is there any way to vet these individuals!!!!

The older I get.. the faster I was....
Tom
post #225 of 227 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
But Mad North-Northwest
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frasca View Post
Wow... This may be naive, is there any way to vet these individuals!!!!
Yes. See the first post in this thread.

Tom

1963 Giulia Spider (1750 engine)
1974 GTV
1991 Spider
Former: 1987 Milano Gold

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode