Group Deals - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to MPmoney Send a message via Yahoo to MPmoney
Group Deals

When I was a member of a different car forum --- many retailers of aftermarket car parts offered group deals on parts ---- why do I NEVER see such deals on here???

If any aftermarket or parts dealers see this--- maybe you should try this as a new marketing/selling idea -- you could push alot more parts---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 08:58 AM

Group deal on wheels

Well, this is quite timely. I have been looking at a set of wheels for my GTV. I found something I really like. It is called the Rota Flight. The manufacturers website shows it in a 15x6.5 with 4x108 bolt pattern and an offset of 18mm. This is excellent for GTVs and Spiders. Most of the modern wheels come in offsets of 40 to 45. Those are for front wheel drive cars. So I contacted one distributor in Hayward, CA and they tell me that even though it is listed, the manufacturer probably doesn't make them regularly and an order of 5 or 10 would be required for them to tool up and make a batch. They are finding out from the manufacturer the details (5 or 10 sets, and price), but the other sizes run about $110 to $125 a wheel. Not too bad. It's a simple design for our Alfas too. If anyone is interested in a set of these wheels, let me know. I'll keep a list of people and see if this will fly. I'll try attaching pictures, but if they don't show up, google Rota Wheels and look for the Flight. I can't tell the difference between the Flight and the Attack, they would have a similar story in that size.

Thanks,
Attached Images

Stefano
Concord, CA
iachella [at] gmail [dot] com
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 11:20 AM

Hi Stefano,

Great Idea. Maybe they could also check to see it they can make up some wheels for those of us that race ( or will in the future ) Giulia TI's or Supers that want a 14" wheel. Finding the 4x108 bolt pattern is hard enough, but we need more of a FWD offset - somewhere in the range of 33mm - in order to fit within the confines of the rear wheelwells.

Ciao,

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 03:42 PM

How about a group purchase for 105/115 GTA replica wheels? Any interest out there? I live outside of Seattle but would be willing to travel......
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 08:44 AM

Dan and Oly,

I understand the need for wheels that comply with racing rules and the desire for replicas, but I don't think I want to take on multiple requests. I'm just trying to get them to make a wheel they already make, in a size that they say is available, but rarely requested.

I have a similar looking wheel in my GTV, in a 16x7 with an offset of 38mm, but I now feel that 16 is too harsh a ride, and 38mm offset is too much. I even have 1/4 inch spacers which brings it down to about 32mm. The front still rubs when backing out of my garage and turning tight to the left. It also looks too 'tucked in'. The patern looks good on my GTV, but I want to back down in size and bring the offset back down somewhere in the 15-25mm zone.

If I go into the wheel distributing business, I'll try other styles and sizes. I've often thought of contacting a manufacuter in the Philppines or China for several lines of wheels for Alfas, but right now I'm just dealing with the distributor, so I'll just focus on this one.

Stefano
Concord, CA
iachella [at] gmail [dot] com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode