Alfa Romeo Forums banner

AR 602 - Arancio Metallizzato (Metallic Orange)

7K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  javasluk 
#1 ·
Hello Montreal friends, I desperately need this color to start producing the paint.

Anybody have a large color sample, or formulation, or....

thank you!

Regards, Alberto

#2 ·
Alberto!
Seeing as how I told you what the paint color looked like, I will try to get you a sample plate formulated and sprayed up for you. I cannot send you paint, but a Color Chip could work. You will have to wait, it's not an overnight job....! Will let you know.
Karl

#4 ·
A few months ago my auto painter recommended I go to TCP Global to get supplies and paint. My wife and I went, I asked about getting the original green for the car and the fella said he'd go in the back and look for the original color chip. Original?!?! 20 minutes later he hands me the ORIGINAL color chart! He then invites us into the back of the warehouse where "The Museum" is located and we unexpectedly met Jim “Jimmy Chips” Wells who runs TCP Global’s Auto Color Library. The color chip museum is absolutely amazing! I was looking for Verde 4917M.....found it! Please look at my lousy pictures below. Speak to Jimmy. Tell him "Johnny from Brooklyn" sent you!

Go to their website at https://www.autocolorlibrary.com/

But first read this article: https://www.hotrod.com/articles/how-to-get-a-perfect-paint-match-for-your-pontiac/

Their here in San Diego. No need for any further looking around!

Enjoy,

Johnny Pergolizzi

Attachments

#6 ·
Hello Alberto. my car original color is AR602 and after restoration it was completely painted in early 2018. Taking the original Standox codes we developed a PPG tricolor code. It is what you want? Remember it´s not only a matter of geting the right code. This color is very complex to handle during the painting process and after.

Attachments

#8 ·
Alberto, the AR602 Standox Basislack formula contains 4 components that form the base, effect plus the gloss. You can get this information at Alfacampionatocolori.pdf free available in the internet. If you are using a paint shop like the one indicated by Pergolizzi they will be able to do that in minutes. Again, needs to be perfectly painted by professionals because they will need to play with base and effect. Pictures and painted chips will not get you there. Attached some samples I developed with my paint shop playing with Standox, Dupont and PPG formulas.

Attachments

#12 ·
X

No Alberto. There are a few boxes that are actually ads taking you to software downloads. You need to scroll down past where the PDF window showing the doc appears, then click on a very subtle appearing "download". Then you'll have to check a box that says "I am not a robot".

If I get to my laptop later tonight, I'll try to post a screenshot of what I mean. Or I can just download the PDF and email it to you.

#17 ·

Reactions: mtbjeff
#19 ·
And after you get the Color sample, don't forget to try a couple of examples with a touch more of the standard code colors. In the end it should be what you like most. Being in the Southern Hemisphere, the light value is much stronger and so is the UV. This makes the color tend to "wash out". I know because we had the same problems in Australia developing colors years ago.

#24 ·

Ciao Alberto
Hopefully this help, this is my Monti.

Saluti
Pino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27 ·
Hello Pino,
Great help, the nice college try! Even managed to download the photos you sent, but when slightly enlarged
everything goes haywire as the chrome grows enormous.

Maybe you can send me a door, or two :)

We'll just have to keep at it. It is the proper color for me, as that was the original, and looks fantastic!

Kind regards,
Alberto

#25 ·
Thank you PIno!

Lovely car....possibly you can take close ups under the sun of a flat surface of the car,
get a really uniform color, and I will try printing it.
Please mail it in as high a resolution as you possibly can, and send it to:
alberto.guirola at gmail.com
My daughter is very good at photoshop.

The ideal would be to have an A4 real paint sized sample, easier said than done!

Kind regards, Alberto

#29 ·
It depends on what car it was used for and if it was a color Alfa Romeo had approved for the Model. In the end, it’s your car and your choice of what you prefer! Having worked on Exterior Designs for various manufacturers, I have to say, depending on the car, the light and finally how good your Computer Monitor is, there will be slight variations. Best to make a decision based on the car itself, in bright sunshine and also when the car is not in the direct sun. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.