Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa Romeo Montreal - Windshield Wiper Blades / Original Wire Type

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  robo330 
#1 ·
I have some Original Style, Bright, Wire type Windshield wiper Blades. Anyone interested, let me know. Thank you.

#3 ·
Alfa Romeo Montreal - Windshield Wiper Blades / Stainless

No Mark, they are not. These are the Wire Type / Stainless Steel kind.

Attachments

#8 ·
I believe that you can get a generic wiper blade refill and cut it to size. The Wiper Blades I have are 18" so they do a slightly better job of clearing the Windscreen.
Yes, Steve is correct, they were a TRICO design made under license by Carello. Far as I know, they have not been available for some time... until now.

#10 ·
Sorry for being a spoil-sport but even though it might not feel right for such an Italian diva factory original Montreals have a complete Bosch wiping mechanism and the cars only ever came with stainless 16‘‘ (40 cm) Bosch Type 1178 wiper blades in the conventional design albeit with the rare 9mm straight stick-on fitting.

Bruce Taylor once more already said it all on his website and page 119 of The Essential Companion. Patrick Dasse’s press pictures of the production car on page 214 ff. also show the Bosch wipers, and if you are still not convinced just check the original Montreal manual und parts catalogue. And I swear I had already bought wire type wipers myself before I checked.

Luckily I found some originals now on Italian Ebay, search word: spazzole tergicristallo Alfa Montreal. From time to time some still seem to come up.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.