Spot a Monti for sale - Page 26 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #376 of 423 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 11:03 AM

... and the Air Vents on the IP are not correct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #377 of 423 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 11:14 AM

Don't get me wrong please, and I know that my next comment will probably start up a small fire storm!
The price of Alfa Romeo Montreal's is going to rise. I will not be surprised to see cars being offered for somewhere in the mid 200's soon.
Just think, from the amount of time and money being put into a number of cars undergoing restoration that we have seen on this forum, who will accept a big loss after completing a perfect car?
post #378 of 423 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 03:57 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Glad mine is still original. NO RUST!! Tried to get my insurance company to value it a 125K, but they only went up to 85K.
Restoring one must cost a big chunk of change.
But this one is not worth 180K!

AlfasRule!

1972 Montreal (The Pumpkin)
1975 Alfetta Sedan
1975 Alfetta Coupe Race Car
1982 Spider
1984 GTV-6
1984 GTV-6 Verde (GiGi)
1987 Milano (Da NEW Winta Beata)
1987 Milano Verde(Da kREDden Mobile)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #379 of 423 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 03:11 PM

you could be right....

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo330 View Post
Don't get me wrong please, and I know that my next comment will probably start up a small fire storm!
The price of Alfa Romeo Montreal's is going to rise. I will not be surprised to see cars being offered for somewhere in the mid 200's soon.
Just think, from the amount of time and money being put into a number of cars undergoing restoration that we have seen on this forum, who will accept a big loss after completing a perfect car?
Its a familiar car forum topic, "is my xxxx going up in value"? I'm a latecomer in Monty ownership (in UK), and bought my totally rebuilt and upgraded (by Alfaholics) 74 car just 4 months ago. Everybody said, oh theyve got really expensive now, youve missed the boat etc.....Anyway if you want a really good car, and not a quick route to bankruptcy, its always best to pay top $, thats my motto, so I did. Youre talking well over $100k.
Oh, and as for time and money being put into cars, this one was done 7 years ago and about $95k was spent. I guess that would be at least 25% more now?
Could values double, I'm not sure, but anything is possible.
I suppose you only have to look at another not so dissimilar Gandini car and see where values are there; yes of course the Miura.
But hey we dont buy old exotic old Italian cars to make money surely?
HeavyMetalAlfa likes this.
post #380 of 423 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 04:07 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Why are the Orange one always seem to have a higher value? See this on European sites all the time.

AlfasRule!

1975 Alfetta Sedan
1982 Spider
1984 GTV-6
1984 GTV-6 Verde (GiGi)
post #381 of 423 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 09:11 PM

Have you still got the power steering on your car, Acalex? Does it work OK?

Cheers, Rob
post #382 of 423 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 12:37 PM

Good question, particularly when Orange was the most popular colour, ie more of these around...
post #383 of 423 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robarbon View Post
Have you still got the power steering on your car, Acalex? Does it work OK?

Cheers, Rob
Hi Rob, the answer is yes, but its not the original system, a new hydraulic version was fitted, works a treat, if not a little too easy at slower speeds!
post #384 of 423 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 02:36 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
I must say with that huge V8 steering can be an issue. Surprised it didn't come with Power Steering. I'm part Neanderthal, and it doesn't bother me.
acalex where is the pump? Did your car come without AC? Could put one there. Just curious.
Also I have rarely seen an Orange one for sale in the U.S. Not many for sale in Europe as well, but when you see them they are usually ~10K to 15K asking price.
Maybe they got all smashed up? Out of the 3789 made I would say ~40% are gone? Another ~10% are basket cases?
As far as I'm concerned it is the best looking color.

AlfasRule!

1975 Alfetta Sedan
1982 Spider
1984 GTV-6
1984 GTV-6 Verde (GiGi)
post #385 of 423 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfasrule View Post
I must say with that huge V8 steering can be an issue. Surprised it didn't come with Power Steering. I'm part Neanderthal, and it doesn't bother me.
acalex where is the pump? Did your car come without AC? Could put one there. Just curious.
Also I have rarely seen an Orange one for sale in the U.S. Not many for sale in Europe as well, but when you see them they are usually ~10K to 15K asking price.
Maybe they got all smashed up? Out of the 3789 made I would say ~40% are gone? Another ~10% are basket cases?
As far as I'm concerned it is the best looking color.
Power steering transforms the car, you can park it in tight slots no problem. The pump is front l/h side of engine. No, aircon is fitted but again its a more modern upgrade, on front r/h side.
Interesting your view about Orange car prices, I had never noted that, but I guess it must be true.....If you're saying its $10-15 k more, then that is lets say a 15% premium(?), frankly I'm surprised, even if youre right about it being the best colo(u)r!
The Classic- Trader website in Europe always has a good number of Monty's for sale, take your pick on prices, but generally $80-100k, and 3 are Orange ( I cannot show the link for some reason as I do not have enough posts yet!!)
Numbers left? Nobody really knows, but your about 50% is as good a guess as any
post #386 of 423 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 08:25 PM

I've heard about electric power steering systems (like the one products by EZ Power Steering in Holland). From my enquiries, they are fully adjustable and you can ramp up and down the assistance force. For example, you could set the system at full assist at 0mph then ramp down to nil assist at 10mph. That way you'd have the best of both worlds - no steering assist while driving and helpful assist for parking and shopping centres. Has anyone had experience with electric power steering?
post #387 of 423 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 01:48 AM

Quote:
I've heard about electric power steering systems (like the one products by EZ Power Steering in Holland). From my enquiries, they are fully adjustable and you can ramp up and down the assistance force. For example, you could set the system at full assist at 0mph then ramp down to nil assist at 10mph. That way you'd have the best of both worlds - no steering assist while driving and helpful assist for parking and shopping centres. Has anyone had experience with electric power steering?
I have seen it on cars and spoke to people about it, for other cars, not the Monty. All reports are very positive and you don't have to mess around with complex fitting and modifications. On the EZ site if you drill down under Brands, across the top, then Alfa, then Montreal, there are several photos of a Silver car that has had the system fitted. The photos will enlarge and show things well.
post #388 of 423 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 01:59 AM

Sorry that should be Makes......not Brands....
post #389 of 423 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 12:37 PM

Hi Acalex

I've spoken to EZ and they are asking a most ridiculous price. It is, after all, a simple electric motor matched to simple electronics. There is a company here in Australia (Ultimate Power Steering) who make a system for less than a fifth the cost. But I believe that any mechanic / auto electrician worth his salt could make something up without a problem. Who knows - maybe I'll come up with a solution that I can offer the Forum at an economical cost (the purists would turn up their noses at this accessory).

Have a happy day
Rob
post #390 of 423 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Hi Acalex

I've spoken to EZ and they are asking a most ridiculous price. It is, after all, a simple electric motor matched to simple electronics. There is a company here in Australia (Ultimate Power Steering) who make a system for less than a fifth the cost. But I believe that any mechanic / auto electrician worth his salt could make something up without a problem. Who knows - maybe I'll come up with a solution that I can offer the Forum at an economical cost (the purists would turn up their noses at this accessory).

Have a happy day
Rob
I think its about £2500 here, according to spec, so I wouldn't be surprised if its $4500-5000 for you? Well purists are, in my book, a pretty weird bunch....why would you turn your nose up at something that is a great improvement and doesn't impact on anything else on the car?
They would probably have a seizure with mine with everything from a bored out and uprated engine, electronic fuel injection, power steering, modern aircon, upgraded brakes and suspension, also lowered, leather and alcantara interior, Nardi wheel, modern stereo/sound system, etc!!! Externally it is exactly as it should be,,,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode