Spot a Monti for sale - Page 23 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #331 of 423 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 12:57 AM

fun jigsaw puzzle

a project...........all depends how good the body work has been done and exactly what is missing...not much of the interior to be seen in those few puny photos, seats et al....
(typical auction speak "largely complete...")

I wouldn't mind just the body as a sculpture

Bonhams : 1974 Alfa Romeo Montreal Coupé Project Chassis no. 1440172

Dom - Alfa Spider 1990 S4 - formerly: Alfa 101 Sprint, 2600 Sprint, Montreal - family classics: Jensen Interceptor II, '58 Hooper RR Silver Cloud I, Shadow II, '60 Corvette.

Last edited by spiderserie4; 02-13-2018 at 01:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 423 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 01:22 AM

looks like there is more than just "a bit" missing... But what is to see, looks very nice.

Rob, your engines look always perfect. Still waiting for mine since years...
Attached Images

https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
post #333 of 423 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 05:28 PM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Montigirl Hannelore why do so many Germans own Montreal's? Inquiry!
I would say that per capita Germany seem to have the biggest collection?
Can't wait to take mine out this Spring. Da Pumpkin has been in hibernation a long time!
Please respond. PEACE

AlfasRule!

1972 Montreal (The Pumpkin)
1975 Alfetta Sedan
1975 Alfetta Coupe Race Car
1982 Spider
1984 GTV-6
1984 GTV-6 Verde (GiGi)
1987 Milano (Da NEW Winta Beata)
1987 Milano Verde(Da kREDden Mobile)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #334 of 423 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 06:51 AM

ha ha, I agree, here the most Montreals. approx. 20 years ago we got spent 20 years of "auto-motor-sport" magazines. I kept them many years in basement (30 boxes!) but decided later to take out I like and the rest *gone with the wind*. Also I took out all the old ad's and saw many many Montreal always offered for different reasons. One wrote he loves the car, but has enough of service costs (I guess, nobody told him that a Montreal is no car to make morning-quickies to pick up the bagels). That this car needs a longer way to breath and warm up the 500 liter oil is even to read in handbooks, hmmm. Between 1974 to 1977 the most ads were in mag, many cars prefered in metallic - Germans loved met - instead of todays Black, what is sooo sad... ! Many were driving in Berlin I remember + the Porsche gangs and RR Silver Shadow II. Typical cars on the Kurfurstendamm. I felt so small with my 280SE what I used 4 years in the 70th. Ferrari's were half exotic, half "red light", don't ask me why ...

Well, even today when you come with a Montreal, or have a shirt, cap o.s.o. people ask with respect: do you own a Montreal ? Ahhh, what a long time dream for me - or - unfortunately to expensive for me - or - this car needs often service in shop (for much money) ? But always an eyecatcher and people honore the beauty of this car and last question: can you open your hood/bonnet please ? OF COURSE, we all who have/had a Montreal can be really proud of this car. MY supercar always !

montigirl521
Hannelore

happy to keep my old plate number until today on my wintercar for lifetime now !
sorry, but don't expect a short answer on this question
Attached Images

IRONBLOCK and Montikai like this.

https://
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
post #335 of 423 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 04:02 AM

possibly one of the best in the world... (?)

well the title is not mine for a start, just lifted the claim from the catalogue blurb

a few things I don't like about it, like the color change for a start, from luci del Bosco, via white, now to red...., the seats not my taste (I prefer the original monty fabric), the wheels (well, I can forgive the wheels for now...trying to be a bit ferrari daytona, I guess) etc.

Spica is gone, four downdraughts with some fairly awful blue silicone boy racer hoses...

I mean, going thru all the trouble to restore and you churn out another red one?
Luci del Bosco metallizzato is nice enough and bearing in mind these are now being collected, would have been what I would have returned it too

I guess the money is OK though, if the body was done 1st class.

https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk...-montreal-9013

another candidate in the same auction, this one needing work (yep, a red one)
https://www.classiccarauctions.co.uk...romeo-montreal

Dom - Alfa Spider 1990 S4 - formerly: Alfa 101 Sprint, 2600 Sprint, Montreal - family classics: Jensen Interceptor II, '58 Hooper RR Silver Cloud I, Shadow II, '60 Corvette.

Last edited by spiderserie4; 03-16-2018 at 04:09 AM.
post #336 of 423 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 05:48 PM

Garage
I like the 1st red Montreal SS4; yes it is far, far from one of the best in the world! It doesn't even have the proper radio blanking plate, cigar lighter/flasher configuration...

The other red one, photographed out in the rain, with a wet engine -shame on them.

Nice photo of Hannelore -took my mind off of Montreal's for a minute or two;-)

Mark
post #337 of 423 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 02:24 AM

and another

another Monty, this one in the Coys auction at the Essen "Techno Classica" this weekend.

the description mentions just about nothing apart from totally useless background history.... blah, blah, blah...

You wouldn't want to buy this blind, because auctions that don't describe detail, do so for a reason.

1972 Alfa Romeo Montreal | Coys of Kensington

post #338 of 423 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 02:02 PM

And another newly advertised one in the German city of Hofheim on mobile.de, another red one. According to the ad the car is the one from from Dr. Taylors book on page 103 - that can only be the „dream car“ book showing a Finnish and a Luxemburgish red car on that page. It’s in a great state obviously, but 89 K Euro is a tall order. I am not allowed to post links yet, so maybe an experienced member wants to look it up?
post #339 of 423 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 03:29 AM

a friend is now selling his white (grigio escoli) Montreal for 63,000 €
the car is in France (Toulouse)
2 years ago, engine fully renewed by pro, Spica renewed and tuned by swiss Spica wizard Bürgi
not a show car but very good every day driving car (maybe one of the best french Montreal)

P.S. SOLD 06/18

Alain A
Alfa Romeo Montreal 1971 and 5 other non Alfa

Last edited by AJMA11; 06-19-2018 at 10:26 AM.
post #340 of 423 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 06:26 AM

Red Montreal on eBay

Does anyone know the red Monti currently on eBay for $69,000?
post #341 of 423 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 01:28 PM

Garage
I only see the red Montreal that 'Beverly Hill Scar Club' has listed for $49,500. It looks like it needs a lot of work; as usual.

Mark
post #342 of 423 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 07:26 PM

Red Montreal on eBay

Mark, here it is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Montr...QAAOSwKWha6K5l

Ed Bortolini
72 Montreal - Arancio Metallizzato - Finally Ready
68 GTV Veloce - bianco spino - under restoration
97 V6 - 3.0 Spider - rosso 130
post #343 of 423 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 07:02 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Bortolini View Post
Thanks Edgar! That is one Montreal that I have seen listed many times and it is in much better condition than the Beverly Hill Scar Club car. It has several um, unique features including the red valve covers and air filter housing, screwed down gear shift boot and recovered puffy rear package area. All things pretty easily fixed or replaced if it runs well it is probably not a bad deal.

Mark
post #344 of 423 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 06:41 PM

Red Montreal on eBay

I agree. I have seem it also a couple of times in several ads. The front bananas and lack of the cuore moustache very easy to fix as the red air filter cover. Why most of the Montreals riding in the US have the front and rear rectangular side markers instead of the traditional round orange? Similar question for the side mirrors. A lot rectangular black instead of chromed circular. US regulations?

Ed Bortolini
72 Montreal - Arancio Metallizzato - Finally Ready
68 GTV Veloce - bianco spino - under restoration
97 V6 - 3.0 Spider - rosso 130
post #345 of 423 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 11:07 AM

Garage
This one looks familiar for some reason. The front hood scoop has been cut open. The price seems unrealistically low to me for a nice looking car -only needing work on the headlight cover mechanism...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Alfa-R...IAAOSwbbdbDruN

Mark

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode