Montreal USA spec. Speedo face group buy - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesmontreal View Post
The gears that drive the odometers will be different.
Yves, were you talking about the gears inside the speedometer that turn the odometer numbers for indicating mileage or kilometers traveled? My concern is to have a fairly accurate indication of speed traveled, the mileage or number of kilometers covered is of less importance (thanks to Google Mapping).

The Montreal parts book shows only one 'speedometer drive assembly' that plugs into the transmission. It is on TAV 44, Alfa p/n 105.64.13.042.02.

Similarly the parts book only shows one speedometer cluster on TAV 126 (pg. 375) Alfa p/n 105.6464.014.00 Jaeger p/n 391.208.01; although we know that there are two or at least two 'faces'. Only one speedometer face is shown Alfa p/n 105.64.64.014.00/01. Perhaps a later book shows two speedometers.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 11:45 AM

Garage
I'm a little late to this thread because I have been searching for my MPH decal that was out on my Montreal when it was U.S. certified. I took it off, but saved it. Here is a photo. If someone wants to make replicas I can lend it out, but would want it back.

Attached Images

IRONBLOCK likes this.

Tom
68 Giulia GT Jr , 71 Montreal, 74 Spider, 74 Lotus Europa TC

Last edited by tom freiberger; 04-18-2019 at 12:01 PM.
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your kind offer. We are trying to get a clear plastic overlay like the one shown in post #27. Did you notice that a paper speedometer overlay, just exactly like yours but yellowed is shown in post #35?

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 04:29 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum SubscriberAdministrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom freiberger View Post
I'm a little late to this thread because I have been searching for my MPH decal that was out on my Montreal when it was U.S. certified. I took it off, but saved it. Here is a photo. If someone wants to make replicas I can lend it out, but would want it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONBLOCK View Post
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your kind offer. We are trying to get a clear plastic overlay like the one shown in post #27. Did you notice that a paper speedometer overlay, just exactly like yours but yellowed is shown in post #35?

Mark
Mark and Tom,

We can make this work. If Tom is willing to mail it to me, I can scan it and use it for the graphics. The important thing is those tick marks.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 05:08 PM

Garage
I'm willing if you think this will help. PM me with shipping info and I will mail it out

Tom
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
Mark and Tom,

We can make this work. The important thing is those tick marks.
Brian,

What are you planning to do, use the hash marks and transfer the numbers to an inner ring on a clear static cling sheet? Either way, I have confidence in you and look forward to seeing the finished product.

I remember from my 'running man' days that: 10K = 6.2 Miles or 100K = 62 miles.

Mark
post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 03:35 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
Brian,

What are you planning to do, use the hash marks and transfer the numbers to an inner ring on a clear static cling sheet? Either way, I have confidence in you and look forward to seeing the finished product.

I remember from my 'running man' days that: 10K = 6.2 Miles or 100K = 62 miles.

Mark
The hash marks are going to be a guide. Those hash marks radiate out from a central point. That point being the pivot of the needle. Getting that angle right is critical.....................for me. :-)

You and I are probably going to be sending a lot of emails and text messages on this.

post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 05:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossodiseppia View Post
The hash marks are going to be a guide. Those hash marks radiate out from a central point.
I hope the hash marks on Tom's 'template' are accurate...I wonder how accurate the gauges are too...

Mark
post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 06:19 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
Quote:
I hope the hash marks on Tom's 'template' are accurate...I wonder how accurate the gauges are too...

Mark
If you ever send yours out for servicing, they will get calibrated.

post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 02:25 PM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN

Garage
@tom freiberger, the sticker arrived safe and sound. I'm starting on it.

Thank you.

post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 02:42 PM

Garage
Hope it works for you.
ossodiseppia likes this.

Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode