Alfa Books Thread (please make a "sticky") - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olczyk
considered by the Alfa people in Italy as the most original TZ race car in the world.
Philippe,

Can you share any images (current or durring resoration) on this car. I'd like to see it! Perhaps on a new thread.

Simon Mestas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
The big big difference between me and Stu is that I wrote the TZ book, spend thousands of hours searching the infos, meet old drivers, and on the top of it, I had own a fews TZ and TZ2 myself who are considered by the real collectors as the cream of the cream.
Now, I will bet any amounts that Stu cannot make the difference between a real one and a fake one.Me I restore mecanickly chassis 750075 who is considered by the Alfa people in Italy as the most original TZ race car in the world.
Regards

Philippe:

Yes, you have owned some TZs, and I have never owned one, but I'll be HAPPY to take your bet as to if I can tell a real TZ from a fake one after I inspect the car.

As to the "best" TZ; I don't know if 0003 or the REAL 0075 (as you know, there is also a 0075 "replicar") should be considered the "best" TZ in the world. I haven't inspected either one...

Stu Schaller

......and yes, this IS about Alfas and not ME ME ME...it's about who actually knows things and is willing to share information with fellow Alfa fans for FREE (and NOT to sell their books and cars)
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 03:12 PM

Who'da thunk Alfa Books could be so entertaining. Reminds me of Police Chief Wiggum on the Simpsons:

Quote:
"Okay, folks, show's over. Nothing to see here, show's... Oh my God! A horrible plane crash! Hey, everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around! Don't be shy, crowd around!"
Ciao,

John
'73 GTV - Owned 24 years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 03:13 PM

Awe man this is better than when someone snaps in the milano forum

You guys just keep going and going and going and going and going and going and going
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81gtv6
Awe man this is better than when someone snaps in the milano forum

You guys just keep going and going and going and going and going and going and going
Oh, yes, i agree with you!!! I have read this book. Very very good!!! Highly recommended!!!

Theo
Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce, 22 July 1971, #1803
+ an Echidna into my mind...
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Milano forum? As in, what is the best pizza in Milano? (the answer is Spontini, at Corso Buenos Aires and Via Spontini, near Piazza Argentina) or do you mean Tipo 75
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Banned

Tz

Stu known so much !
Share with us with real infos ( not gossips ) where is the replicar 075.
Name of owner, location, photos.
If you cannot provide real infos that we can verify, it s just a other ballon story that you give to the people to try to show them that you known somethings.
Me, in my book, I put photos, names of owners, registration number.
Do the same or stop your stupid rumour who damage the reputation of the best TZ in the world
Regards

P.S For the bet, OK we will take a third party to judge us.
You come to France with Tubolare Zagato, and I will show you 2 cars.
If you loose, you will pay all the costs of transport + 5000 $ .
If you win, I will pay all the costs + 10 000 $.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Philippe:

I do not have $5000 to risk, although I am certain I would win your bet. As I told you on the telephone, I spent some $400,000 taking care of my mother before she passed away 5 years ago, and an still recovering financially.

I do NOT claim to be the world's expert on TZs, but I am no fool. My father was a body builder of the Mercedes pre-WW2 grand prix team, and Johnny Lurani was a cousin on my mother's side of the family. I know cars well, and what is from the period and what is modern recreation.

If you are indeed telling potential buyers what is a real car and what is a recreation, and have all the true facts about Alfa TZs in your book, why are you so upset what not only I have said, but what so many other people have said about the book?

If everything you say is the truth, how can any OPINION anyone else says hurt your business??

No one has commited any crime against you, they have only given their OPINIONS!!

I told you THREE TIMES that I have only heard RUMORS about a second TZ with the number 0075 that exists. I have not seen the car, which is supposed to be in the US, or your 0075 or even 0003 in person. I TOLD you that!!!

I am still certain that if I inspected a TZ, I could say if it was a real car or recreation, simply from the knowledge I gained from my father's experience at Mercedes and from 35 years of study of Italian and French sports-racers.

I am HAPPY to discuss anything with you, but let us make this a PRIVATE matter. It was YOU who asked this matter become totally private, and yet, it is YOU who continue to make the matter public both here and on the Atlas nostalga forum!!

As to Tubolare Zagato I would not want him to be the judge, as I do not know how much knowledge and experience he actually has. I would suggest Andrea Zagato as a judge!! I know him (but NOT well)...I knew his father through my cousin Johnny Lurani. Andrea raced my Moretti 750 bilabero Zagto coupe in the Mille Miglia retro in 1991, after I had sold the car.

What is your problem?? Why do you continue this matter publically, when it was YOU who asked to make it a private matter?

I will leave all of this to the members of the Alfa forum to decide who is the "bad" guy here!!

PLEASE, just stop the public nonsense....as some have asked....and send any future "letters" to my personal e-mail address [email protected]

Stu Schaller
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 05:50 AM
Banned

Serious Forum

Stu
Here, it s serious forum and if you cannot prove anythings about a scandalous untrue rumour..........don t start it....it s simple.
Talk about what you really known, and say things that you can prove.
It will delete automaticly mostly of your messages.

If everybody start to say all stupids things, it make no sens or we are in a circus.
+ by telling untrue,unproven stories, you damage the value of a real car.....but may be that s why you do it, to try to hurt somebody ?

P.S Look the previous message, you start again this, not me
Regards
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Stu
Here, it s serious forum and if you cannot prove anythings about a scandalous untrue rumour..........don t start it....it s simple.
Talk about what you really known, and say things that you can prove.
It will delete automaticly mostly of your messages.

If everybody start to say all stupids things, it make no sens or we are in a circus.
+ by telling untrue,unproven stories, you damage the value of a real car.....but may be that s why you do it, to try to hurt somebody ?

P.S Look the previous message, you start again this, not me
Regards

Can you not read???? I have said that this should become a PRIVATE matter and that it was at AT YOUR REQUEST. Others have also asked that it be a private matter, yet YOU continue to make it public; NOT me!!!

Moderators, PLEASE close this thread and any other thread Mr.Olczyk starts in regard to this. I have NO desire to say anything more to this man in a public forum.

Stu Schaller
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode