The definitive history of Franco Scaglione, the father of the mythical 33 Sradale. - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bob Little

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

The definitive history of Franco Scaglione, the father of the mythical 33 Sradale.

Hello all.

I'm happy to share with you the definitive history of genius car designer Franco Scaglione (as told by his daughter Giovanna), the father of the 1967 33 Stradale, the 1957 Giulietta Sprint Speciale and the 1954 BAT's prototypes (amongst others).

Enjoy the fantastic read. There are a few "urban legends" about the 33 Stradale that are finally put to rest, especially the Arese Museum Stradale...

Autodelta Golden Years History Site

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 05:43 PM

"Franco Scaglione - il Mio Babbo !!" New Release

The editorial team at www.AutodeltaGoldenYears.com is pleased to reveal our new feature story "Franco Scaglione- il Mio Babbo !", the personal saga of the world famous automobile designer pieced together through a series of private interviews with his only child Giovanna and relying on well-placed individuals in Italy and reviewing hidden manuscripts that have assisted us in illuminating obscure or unreported historical events about Franco Scaglione's life.
For the first time in 24 years Giovanna has chosen to use our historical writing team to reveal the stories of her father's personal achievements, his struggles, agonies and above all his triumphs...first hand, in English for the world outside of Italy.
Giovanna shares with us as co-editor of this feature story:
"...I will try to explain my father's character, not only as a designer but especially as a man and as a wonderful father. Over the years there has been very, very little information conveyed about my "Babbo" from his personal standpoint…until now !!".
You are invited to read this exciting story by visiting our Alfa Romeo racing heritage site Autodelta Golden Years History Site .

Enjoy learning about the personal and professional life of Franco Scaglione! your Sprint Speciale, Your Giuletta Coupe (Bertone), the stunning 33 Stradale and of course the Bertone Aerodinamica Tecnica series

Best Regards,
/s/
Robert Little
33Stradale67 likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 11:51 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Thanks for posting.

Ed Prytherch
79 Spider
85 GTV6 3L
76 Suzuki GT500
2011 Jaguar XKR

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. - P.J. O'Rourke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 01:04 PM

Veltro, by Scaglione

Veltro, 1966, by Scaglione
Attached Images

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 01:15 PM

fantasitc read... thank you!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 01:07 PM

The entire story we did on Franco Scaglione has been picked up by www.VeloceToday.com and the 13 week run will start next week I am advised.
If any Alfa Romeo club around the world would like to use the feature in its entirety (13,000 words and many pictures) the editor of the webzine or magazine only has to contact me personally...my email is at the end of the feature where the copyright regulations are furnished. Thanks, Bob

Last edited by Bob Little; 05-16-2018 at 05:27 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode