Alfa Romeo 2000 Sportiva Bertone - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 02:15 AM

These are photos of the 4th Sportiva with rear "fins", the first when "wind tunnel" testing. The last photo shows Zanardi testing this car.
Attached Images

Last edited by Boudewijn; 04-18-2013 at 02:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Hello Ruedi.
I think you are probably right.
I think that Busso, was always late with the engines, except, for the Giulietta.
The 1900 was delayed, because on piston supply. The 6C 2600 was delayed, for the 102 series, by cooling problem ???. The V6 was delayed for the Alfetta GTV series.

I can only confirm, you statement. I have neither seen that there should be an aluminium engine for the 2000 Sportiva. That the reason, whey I find John´s info interesting.
I don't think. that three is any doubt, that the reason we didn't get the aluminium engine block for the 1900, was production problems with an engine block of this size.
Talking of series production, not single peaces. The scrap quantity was simply to large, at this time of experience.
On the other hand. I don't think that they would go for a non, aluminium engine block, for the 2000 Sportiva. It could lead to question, on the Giulietta. Can there be problems
on the Giulietta aluminium engine block,( aluminium engine blocks was unusually in high production quantity in 1954), as there is no aluminium on the larger.
And for the 102 series, there was no reason, to think for aluminium 4 cyl engine block. Because the 102 series should have the 6 cyl 2600 engine. Witch is a all alu. engine.
But could the delay, if it was delayed ?,of the 6C 2600, have been coursed by production problems on engine blocks in aluminium. I thins I saw somewhere, that there is 2 different engine block size for 2600, long and short.
But question on what happened in the 50es, is what do keep Alfa Romeo alive
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Boudewijn.
Thanks for the nice pictures.
If the coupe as in the ,Rens Biesma, drawing. Was the basics for the later spider, it confirms Johns thought, about the missing number one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 touring sp View Post
Thanks Boudewijn.
Thanks for the nice pictures.
If the coupe as in the ,Rens Biesma, drawing. Was the basics for the later spider, it confirms Johns thought, about the missing number one
No, this isn't about the missing number one but about the Spider which is part of the Alfa Romeo Museum collection: the "round rear" Spider versus the "finned rear" Spider which is lost.
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 04:34 AM Thread Starter

Yes Boudewijn.
It is also what I means.
OK, I should not write "later, that can be misleading
The number one, as John is missing. Is the spider with the Finns. Or the first Coupe witch in some places referred to as a 1900, that was transferred to the spider with the fins. The first spider
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 07:00 PM

Interesting to have this discussion - I think the 'Sportiva/1900 sports prototype' is/are great looking cars, both coupe and spider. I have two magazines with pictures and details - 'Sports Driver' Issue 1 1988 about Lionel Jones and his swap with AR for the red Sportiva coupe. The other is 'Thoroughbred and Classic Car' April 1986 about the red finless Spider. I can scan both if anyone is interested. What is the best way to upload the scans to the BB?

In addition, where would one go to find more details on the Sportiva chassis design and layout?

Regards,

Past: '81 Giulietta 1.8, 500SL Pantah, 650 Allazurra. Present: '79 Alfetta 2.0, '82 Sportiva II, '91 75TS, Van's RV-4, Giles G-200, Pazmany PL-1. Sunny Australia.

Last edited by ALF750; 01-05-2014 at 07:06 PM. Reason: more qurestions
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 05:03 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Zagato_Olaf
Fusi book

Dear ALF750,

Have a look at the Fusi book for more details. The official booktitle is "Alfa Romeo Tutte le Vetture dal 1910/All cars from 1910". Another source is "Het Klaverblaadje" from which a number of drawings posted here were taken.

Ciao, Olaf

Last edited by Zagato_Olaf; 01-06-2014 at 05:04 AM. Reason: additional info
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 10:59 AM

Garage
Well, the 4 pages in Fusi's book don't say or show much, either -- possibly for the reason that the Sportiva was a prototype and never a production car.

I've never seen a drawing or picture of the chassis anywhere and, given the experimental nature of prototypes, would think the chassis may not be the same and have variations from car to car.
Attached Images

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode