Alfa ARNA TI carrozzeria Martino Minardi - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 10:58 AM

I found the pic that I posted in post # 12 on the Italiaspeed forum.
And according to that source it is indeed the Minardi car.

By my knowledge, the Arna was sold officially in Italy, Switserland, the UK and Germany.

The car on the left in post #15 is indeed a swiss car. It was one of only 200 special built 'Arna Jubilé' cars. It was created by the Swiss Alfa importer (and therefore only available in Switserland) to celebrate Alfa's 75th birthday. It was based on the 5-door Arna SL or the 1.3 TI. The car differs from the standard cars through colour painted bumpers, rear view mirrors and radiator grill. On the sides, striping is added. The car is only available in the color ‘Grigio Nisida metallizzatto’.

L indicates only that it is a 3-door car...except in the case of the 1.3 SL were both 3 and 5-door version were called SL. That 1.3 SL never was available in Italy.
Attached Images

'88 33 1.3S (1997-04/1999)
'89 75 T.Spark (04/1999-11/2007)
'98 GTV 2.0 V6 TB (11/2007-...)
'88 75 3.0 6V America (restoration project)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Alfaman75, the picture you posted is indeed the Martino Minardi Arna TI. The picture is coming from a black & white sales/promotion brochure from this vehicle. I hope somebody on this forum has more information / pictures on this interesting vehicle?
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 01:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaman75 View Post
The car on the left in post #15 is indeed a swiss car. It was one of only 200 special built 'Arna Jubilé' cars. It was created by the Swiss Alfa importer (and therefore only available in Switserland) to celebrate Alfa's 75th birthday.
Aaah! It looks like I didn't remember the whole story. I only recalled that the owner saying the TI was only available in Switzerland -- but it was probably the TI Jubilé and I missed or forgot about the 'Jubilé' aspect, but the sign in the windshield does indicate it is based on a TI.
Attached Images

-Ruedi
[SIZE="1"]'63 2600 Touring Spider (AR 191437, the car that started the 2000/2600 International Register, reassembly in progress)
ex-'65 2600 SZ (AR 856043, the car in my avatar, sold as resto project to Austria)
Maintainer of a private 2600 SZ register (not the one in the Netherlands).[/SIZE]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 05:09 PM

According to an article in the Dutch Alfa Romeo Owners Club (SCARB) magazine 'Het Klaverblaadje' (no. 121, 2008-Q1) owns the Swiss collector Axel Marx an Arna Ti Jubilé. Pictures show the same color scheme and striping. The Jubilé livery was exclusively marketed in Switzerland, and had light alloy wheels, foglights, rear spoiler, bumpers and mirrors in body color and a striping (as visible in the pic above) as extras. The name Jubilé referred to the 75th anniversary of Alfa Romeo.

The funny part is that Marx sometimes uses the Arna (a three door model) when going to his work at the hospital, parking it between the X5s and Cayennes.

The Arna was imported in the Netherlands too, not officially but by a dealer in Tilburg. Only two survive, although one has been in bits and pieces as a long term restoration project and the other one recently failed the annual safety check.

See the most beautiful Alfas on your travels: www.alfaromeomuseums.com

Last edited by Dinky Boy; 01-03-2009 at 05:12 PM.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa_Japan View Post
Alfaman75, the picture you posted is indeed the Martino Minardi Arna TI. The picture is coming from a black & white sales/promotion brochure from this vehicle. I hope somebody on this forum has more information / pictures on this interesting vehicle?
@Alfa_Japan:

Can you please scan and post or PM me the other pages of this sales brochure?

Thanks in advance!

'88 33 1.3S (1997-04/1999)
'89 75 T.Spark (04/1999-11/2007)
'98 GTV 2.0 V6 TB (11/2007-...)
'88 75 3.0 6V America (restoration project)
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 05:41 PM
zak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaman75 View Post
@Alfa_Japan:

Can you please scan and post or PM me the other pages of this sales brochure?

Thanks in advance!
Me too please. Thanks!
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 03:39 AM

What's the dashboard? Nissan or Alfa? I recall the steering wheel was Alfa yes?

Alister
1973 105 GTV (Alfa #6 of 19 owned)
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 01:40 PM

There were at least two Arnas in New Zealand. I remember seeing them - one brown in Amberley (outside Christchurch) in the early 90s and the other Red in the North Island. My parents had the standard Nissan Pulsar 1.3 two door at the same time I had a Sud - the pulsar was light, poor handling and simply awful. The Sud was a much more capable vehicle.

Ex Alfa Owner: 2 Suds, 2 Sprints, 2 33 wagons, 2 75s, 2 164s, 1 156 sportwagon. Looking for my next challenge!
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 11:03 AM

This is our Arna 1.5 Ti winning the UK AROC national concours a few week ago,the only one left in the UK!
Attached Images

Last edited by batman; 08-16-2011 at 11:05 AM.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 11:08 AM

Great, congrats on winning the concorso!

Why don't you bring it over to the Spettacolo Sportivo, September 17/18 at Zandvoort?
www.spettacolosportivo.eu

I'd love to see it IRL!

See the most beautiful Alfas on your travels: www.alfaromeomuseums.com
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 12:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to Erik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
There were at least two Arnas in New Zealand. I remember seeing them - one brown in Amberley (outside Christchurch) in the early 90s and the other Red in the North Island. My parents had the standard Nissan Pulsar 1.3 two door at the same time I had a Sud - the pulsar was light, poor handling and simply awful. The Sud was a much more capable vehicle.
In Denmark the Pulsar was the Cherry, sold in 1,3 and 1,5 and for a short wile 1,5 Turbo. I had a Turbo for a short wile, it had harder and lowered springs, gas shockers and much wider wheels, and it hold the road rather well. Even with the wider wheels it was a bit of a handfull on damp roads, but great fun in a straight line. But it was nothing compaired to the Sud (but a lot more reliable and rusted in 5 years, the Suds came new rusty). The ARNA was never sold in DK.
Soon after the Cherry I had a Fiat Uno Turbo, it was great fun and a bomb that you could really throw round. Like a '80s Mini Cooper, other motorist got very long faces when you came blasting past.
Erik
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 AM

Axel's TI 3 door is surely a Jubileč (as you can se in several pics of the Salvetti's "100x100" exposition in 2010). I saw it several times, one of the last during the annual december RIAR meeting.

It's no true no japan cars were sold in Italy. Was possible to import only "some" (don't remember limit) cars.

Don't forget Fiat opposition to the project Alfasud. The same is for Arna. So how Alfasud (before) and Arna (suddendly) have a bad fame due the project and the car and how about the press opinions (quite managed by Turin) and so on?
Cherry/Pulsar was an honest car, in Italy Arna was offered at a price similar to the Fiat Uno having richest equipment, a better engine, and being an higher level class. You can see few Arna rusted, often you see a rusted 33.
Surely, "ugly" to be an Alfa. But we saw, and still see, "ugly" cars. What about the Austin Maestro/Montego, the Peugeot 309 and so on? Nice cars??? Mmmmmmm
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie57 View Post
What's the dashboard? Nissan or Alfa? I recall the steering wheel was Alfa yes?
The steering wheel is the same of the 3 door (and Ti) Alfasud 3rd serie.
In the "Cherry Europe" the center changed (better: only the plastic inside part, with the name "Nissan" instead than Alfa Romeo logo).
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 01:31 PM

Arna stuff

Heres a couple of photos from the AROC stand at the NEC show last year

Dave
Attached Images

Last edited by batman; 12-06-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode