Alfa Romeo-paris

Can anyone explain this badge?
Attached Images

1750 GT Veloce 1a serie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2003, 04:33 AM

Yia Sou Taki,

I believe that in 1932, the French importer of Alfas was importing a reasonable number of cars, and requested (demanded) 'Paris' replace 'Milano' on the badge. I'm not sure how many years this was the case for.

If that's an original badge, it's pretty rare.

Nick
1967 Duetto 1600
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-25-2003, 05:52 AM
Gold Subscriber

It is my understanding that the importer in Paris was Luigi Chinetti, who won LeMans three times (twice for Alfa Romeo and once for Ferrari), and later became the first Ferrari importer in the U.S. I believe the cars were actually assembled in Paris from components shipped from Italy; hence the Paris badge.

In the Alfa Museum in Arese there is a 6C 1750 Gran Sport that bears the Paris badge, although this car has no connection to Paris. The car's odometer reads 0 km, and the car was assembled, solely for display in the museum, from spare components that were still in the Alfa parts bins and somehow survived the bombings of the factory in WW II. The badge on that car is the only Paris badge I have ever seen.

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

├ňÚ▄ ˇ´§ Niko
Well wherever you go in the world you see , hear, meet,talk to , people from your country , which is really nice.
Thank you for your reply , it was very advisable , also thanks to Bob , i am currently trying to cross your information with that of my Alfa Romeo library , hope to have a complete answer soon.

1750 GT Veloce 1a serie
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 01:15 AM
Darth Moderator
Platinum SubscriberModerator

Hello Gents

This is my first post, so be gentle on me.

The Badge, Alfa Romeo "Paris" was created by Flamboyant French Designer Figoni, of Figoni & Falaashi, (spelling ??) fame - remember those fantastic pontoon bodied Delages & Delahaye's of the '30's. Rita Hayworth, the noted actress of the time had a Delahaye. The English used to nick-name them "Phoney & Flashy"

Before teaming up with Falaashi, Figoni bodied several Alfa Romeo's, but as he was French & his Coach Building Business was in Paris, he was fiercely patriotic & manufactured his own badges to reflect his National Pride, hence the Paris on the badge.

There is a beautiful twin tone, light & medium blue 6C 1750 Gran Sport, with a Figoni body in South Africa, it is a one off, with a Paris badge - looking at the colour of the car in the picture, I'm sure it is the same car. The body is a 2 door coupe with a sweeping tail and is incredibly original. The car still runs the original engine & all the correct numbers. in addition, the body still wears the Figoni Coach Builders badge.

Ciao
Greig
Sunny South Africa
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 07:26 AM

Grieg me old buddy glad to have you over on the BB. People,you can learn a lot from Grieg, he knows his cars and especially his Alfas. I know the machines and the designer you are talking about . I once had the pleasure of driving a 1936 Talbot-lago that was styled by them. They were rather rudely known in Some circles and 'Phoney and Flashy".

Speak to you later,

Phil

Anyone know what an Amilcar is. I used to own the remains of one. They were a small Fench sporting car of the 1920's-30's . Most of their output was engine of less than 1000 cc, but they did make some amazing 8 and 6 cylinder racing machines and sometimes gave old man Bugatti a run for his money. I love that interwar era for Motor Racing. I went to Brookland twise last year to worship( my idea of a cathedral,synagogue etc). Standing on the outerbanking where so many great machines of the past roared around was a very special moment for me. Anyones else paid homage to this special place ?

Phil
1961 MGA 1600 Roadster, British Racing Green
1966 Giulia Sprint GT ,Argento
1970 1750 GTV s2, Verde Olivo Metallica (AR213)
2005 Holden Rodeo LT Crew Cab, Fox Fire Red

{Oo==V==oO}

Previously owned
1983 Ford Laser KB, Beige
1985 Volvo 360 GLT Dark Mettalic Blue
1970 GT Junior stepnose Resprayed Red, Giallo Ochre
1923 Amilcar Sports, rusty
I may only own two ALFAs now, but the handle stays as I am always chasing another one.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 07:31 AM

I need to pay attention my spelling has gone to the dogs . Grieg are you going to list your Alfa collection on here. We want photos!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Phil

Phil

{Oo==V==oO}

Previously owned
I may only own two ALFAs now, but the handle stays as I am always chasing another one.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2003, 03:49 PM

Lightbulb

That should be Greig not Grieg. I should never post on the BB after I have been out drinking with the lads. Jorgen thanks for the edit tip.

Cheers,

Phil

(hungover)

Phil

{Oo==V==oO}

Previously owned
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-01-2003, 02:52 AM
Darth Moderator

Hi Phil

No worry about the name spelling, I've gotten used to it over the years.

Ok, enough arm twisting, I'll put a picture or two up on the group's board in the next few days

Cheers from a very sunny South Africa,
Greig
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 03:09 AM

some info about this coachworker you can find here

Figoni et Falaschi

Alfa 159 , Alfa Spider 1988

Last edited by ziko; 12-23-2003 at 03:11 AM.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 06:10 AM
Darth Moderator

Hi Guys

I've just read the info on the link Ziko posted, very interesting & well worth the read.

In a previous post I stated that Figoni & Falaschi were French....oops, they were Italian & I think Nationalised French.

Cheers
Greig
Very Sunny South Africa !!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 07:21 AM

made in france

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKIS
Can anyone explain this badge?
1750s were assembled outside of paris ussing italien made parts (Blaise Cendrars had an alfa with body designe by Francios Paciba - perhaps one - I have a pic some place upstate if anyone is really interested) - Alfa also assembled Renault Dauphines for a while (Politoys made a model ) and then theres that strang Kaiser/Willies "Alfa" made in Brazil one usse to find pics of in "World of Cars" and the like - looked like a Mustang with an Alfa grill and wllies engine - all politicts???
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 07:24 AM

a

Amelcars? Wonderful - Salmson there other best known of a genre of inexpensive mini bugattis of the 20s (along with the C6 1100 6 cylinder s/c t/c voiterete) - Automodile Quarterly had a very nice history of them some years ago. Cheap and chearful.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 07:34 AM

n/alfa? n/bugatti/absolutly n/ferrari + cordoba:

http://www.lcdou.com/images/jessusnb.jpg
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 10:12 AM

ps - brazi/fnn

See - I mentioned this incredibly obscure make on an alfa bullitin board just yesterday and _SHAZAM - like clockwork, here is a sister model on ebay. Can't afford it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...940821416&rd=1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode